The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A Legal Question...

Archive

Cheye69

Quill-Bearer

(11/9/01 5:17:54 pm)

Reply A legal question...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to share a children's book with you all, reading it to my daughter only takes about 2 minutes so it is short all told but...what about the copy write? Can I post it here as long as I give credit to the author?

Falcon2001

Page

(11/10/01 3:29:53 pm)

Reply Re: A legal question...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe that it may be illegal if you just post the entire story, but you could probably just 'quote' the entire thing and give credit to the author to prove legalities...even though I don't believe anyone would or could sue you/us/anyone.

Cioden Darkeye

Page of The Mighty Pen

Owner of the Reply Raven - Enemy to all those who never post responses

Ashaman - WoT - Blitz II

Council - The Hunters - Blitz II

Leisure Officer - SFV Ultima - Beta

Wyvern00

Elder

(11/12/01 8:19:49 pm)

Re: A legal question...

Actually, having discussed this subject over IRC with Joat, I believe that it's only considered illegal archiving someone elses work if you're doing it for publicity or are charging for it's viewing. Otherwise, as long as you give the author full credit, it's by no means considered illegal to archive their works.

Cheye69

Quill-Bearer

(11/13/01 5:45:27 am)

Reply Re: A legal question...

Well, in any case, I did not want to be in trouble or get the Pen in any kind of legal issues either. Just wanted to be sure. Thank you for taking the time to investigate though Wyv.