The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Auction Of The Soul

Archive

Ozymandias the Elder

The Founder

(4/30/02 5:17:58 pm)

Reply Auction of the Soul

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your rhythm and word choice flow very much like Shel Silverstein's. A fact that enhances the poem quite well with just the right feel of whimsical otherworldliness that is all the more familiar and serious because of it.

You paint a very important, stark message that reads like one out of some of the better novels I've read. Kudos, Xr.

Xradion

Honored Guest

(5/1/02 9:59:11 pm)

Reply Re: Auction of the Soul

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks a lot! I actually wasn't sure if I should post it or not, because it was one of the earlier poems I wrote (I became more interested in poetry this year when I traveled to Chile and studies several Latin American poets, so this is really the first year I attempt to right poetry seriously), but your comments have re-affirmed this post.

Xradion, The Horny Druid, Scholar of the Ancient Arts, Holder of the Eye of Odin. "The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream." -Wallace Stevens "When at home, do as the Homans do." –Xradion