The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

La Tite Guerre Des Neiges

Archive

Lady Celes Crusader

Initiate

(12/18/01 2:56:06 pm)

Reply La tite guerre des neiges

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since that Christmas spirit engurlf me, I decided to write a story about kids snowwar. I'm planning 6 parts to this story, part one is already written.

I must apologies that the translations will come only after the 6 chapters are written, so it might take a while for you to have all the chapters translated (unless someone else does the translation job).

Wyvern00

Elder of Initiates

(12/19/01 10:11:43 pm)

Re: La tite guerre des neiges

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Je l'aime beaucoup jusque la! C'est vraiment un idee' tres originale et tout a' fait dans l'esprit du Noel. Pas seulement pour les batailles du niege, mais pour la nature du bonne humeur de la texte. Je suis vraiment impatient de lire la continuation...

For those of you who don't speak French here (which is many of you) Celes' story is excellent so far. It's very original, and is about a snowball war between to groups of mage children. While the children swear to not use magic while fighting with snowballs, they agree to use it when making their snow forts. A group of phantasm mage children cover their snowfort in illusion while the opposing group of mages strengthen the walls and endurance.

I love the good humored nature of this Christmas text, and can't wait to read the continuation! If you'd like, I could try to translate it...

[image]http://www.legion-whiterose.com/signatures/aoa/wyv.gif[/image]

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00 at: 12/19/01 10:12:32 pm

Lady Celes Crusader

Initiate

(12/20/01 12:38:16 am)

Reply Re: La tite guerre des neiges

Ah-Ah French lesson here:

From Wyvern:

"Je l'aime beaucoup jusque la! C'est vraiment un idee' tres originale et tout a' fait dans l'esprit du Noel. Pas seulement pour les batailles du niege, mais pour la nature du bonne humeur de la texte. Je suis vraiment impatient de lire la continuation... "

"Je l'aime beaucoup jusque là !": Very good! If you can configure your Keyboard so you can type the French accents properly, I'll be glad to tell you where are the keys.

"C'est vraiment un idee' tres originale et tout a' fait dans l'esprit du Noel.": C'est vraiment une idée originale: Yes idée is feminine so you have to put UN and ORIGINAL to the feminine gender. "et tout à fait dans l'esprit de Noël." Since Noël is treated as a proper noun, "du" is never used when you mean of.

"Pas seulement pour les batailles du niege, mais pour la nature du bonne humeur de la texte.": This is where you've got the hardest time, but no worry, I'll tell you how and why we must write it that way. "Non seulement pour les batailles de neige, mais aussi pour la bonne humeur que l'on retrouve dans le texte." The expression "Pas seulement" was a correct translation of "Not only" but, if you use it as a this type of enumeration "Non seulement" is more appropriate. Then again there's a mixed up between "de" and "du". "du" is only used for masculine gender nouns, "neige" is feminine. For the last part of that sentence, we don't use nature with good humour and I add "aussi" since your sentence sounds like ,but also for the good humor we found in the texte. "Texte" is a masuline gender so you could have said "bonne humeur du texte" but I've added "que l'on retrouve" since the "humeur" is found in the text, its not the text itself which has a good humor. ;)

Pheww... After this brief French lesson, I'd appreciate your help Wyvern. I'll probably revise the translation because the kids sometimes uses slangish words. The title should be translated as: "The 'lil snowwar"

Have fun and thanks for the positive comment ;)

Lady Celes Crusader

Page

(12/20/01 7:49:58 pm)

Fiou, I've pulled out the 2nd installement of this story.

This time, both team is preparing for the first battle. While Claudieau's team was still under preparation, Romulus team sieges the fort. Who will win?

Lady Celes Crusader

Page

(12/20/01 7:49:58 pm)

Fiou, I've pulled out the 2nd installement of this story.

This time, both team is preparing for the first battle. While Claudieau's team was still under preparation, Romulus team sieges the fort. Who will win?

Lady Celes Crusader

Page

(12/21/01 2:20:56 pm)

You have made a tremendous effort dear! :)

Je fais de gros efforts pour comprendre vos mots! <= Correctly written!

Tristement, mon vocabulaire pour parler le français est plutôt petit.

<==. Malheureusement (Unfortunatly) is more appropriate than Tristement (Sadly). It would be simple to say, mon vocabulaire français est limité (my french vocabulary is limited).

Je dû utiliser un dictionnaire pour la plupart de ces mots!

J'ai dû... instead of Je dû, te reste of this sentence is good.

Ne peut pas attendre les traductions!

Je ne peut pas attendre les traductions! In French you must always put the pronouns before the verbs (imperative is the sole exception). The remain of this other sentence is excellent.

Mais faites-les seulement si vous avez le temps!

Very well written too. See the imparative exception. :)

For the first steps, always keep it simple. Then, slowly, you can integrated more complexe ways of writtings. I've learned my English in a faster pace outside School than within school. Thanks to the fact that I'm surrounded in an environnement which have lots of English tv-shows, movies, music, people, etc. it is easier for me to improve and practice my English.

As I said, the translation will come out after the 6 parts are written, unless Wyvern or someone else has time to translate it.

Lady Celes Crusader

Page

(12/26/01 12:23:27 am)

Part 3 is done!

This time, its Clodieau team's turn to assault Romulus' fort. The attack seems to overwhelm the "Big Guys" team. However, Taupius comes up with a plan. Will it succeeds?

Lady Celes Crusader

Page

(1/9/02 9:32:34 pm)

The 4th installement is done!

Clodieau is embittered by the dangerous ways Taupius is using for achieving victory. However, he created a trap of his own design, will the ennemy fall for it?

Lady Celes Crusader

Quill-Bearer

(2/3/02 12:36:42 pm)

The 5th chapter is done!

Clodieau will try to catch Romulus' team off guard. Meanwhile, Taupius and Pommulus relations are still tense. Will Clodieau's plan succeeds? Will Taupius and Pommulus will put their antagonism aside and help Romulus' team to protect their fort?

Lady Celes Crusader

Quill-Bearer

(3/12/02 11:33:02 pm)

Reply The lil snowball war

I've translated Part 1 and 2 already. I would like to have some opinions about it because I would like to know if the translation is faithful enough with the original story.

The reason why I'm most demanding about this particular translation job? We'll I've put lots of time to create this bunch of quirky kids and the quirks are a fundamental part of the story.

Yui Temae

Huntress

(3/13/02 11:39:06 am)

Reply Re: The lil snowball war

Mademoiselle Celes,

I'll be sure to read it over and give you my opinion, if you'll give me a few days to find the time. I want you to know that I've enjoyed the story and your 'quirky kids'.