The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A Moment, Please...

Archive

Ozymandias the Elder

The Founder

(1/27/02 11:37:19 pm)

Reply A Moment, Please...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm realizing I have too many of you to say this to, so I just wanted to say it to everyone at once-

Damn, you people are talented! The worst work I read on this site is very good and the best is amazing.

I've always loved the fiction that you, my former fellow Archmagers create, but reading your current expanded work, as well as all pieces by everyone who I'd never met/seen until you joined The Pen, I'm floored.

I am a man who has neither much time nor great patience, but when I log onto this site and start reading...

I was reading the latest works of poetry and it hit me, "This is wonderful." I was sitting here with my odd little mix list of 80s rock, Anime soundtracks, The Muppets and others playing as I read smiling, longing for company, rejoicing in the quiet, and staying up way past my bedtime-again.

For me, there's nothing like creating with all of you or reading your creations. Thank you so much.

Ozymandias steps down from his soapbox. Taking it under his arm, and with a short bow, he turns and leaves.

peredhil31

An Ancient Polite Bard

(1/28/02 2:20:03 pm)

ezSupporter

And pause a moment more, I beg you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peredhil takes a moment

I agree completely with the Founder. Y'all rock.

Just a moment about this Critic's Corner.

When I had more time (and when I have time again), I gave priority in feedback to Initiates and Members over visitors.

And while I might post a 1 or 2 line response in the thread, I tried to post something more here.

The other aspect reflects the Unity of the Pen Membership. I've been told, and tried to implement, the phrase

"Criticize in private, Public in praise."

If you catch a spelling error, or a limping meter, post it in here.

Let's help each other to grow with meaningful feedback, but present our best face to the world wandering by our Site.

Lastly, the Initiates have access here, and here is a great place for OOC threads for Role Playing Open to all.

A private OOC area is in the same genre as actors backstage in a theatrical production. The Audience knows that they're back there, but their ability to 'dis-suspend belief' isn't further strained by seeing the nuts and bolts discussions and realities behind the scenes and productions.

A Member production would still be up in the Greenroom, those projects for those 'invitation only' events such as Yui's most excellent Darkness Rising.

Peredhil looks guilty, knowing he owes a post there.

This area will be as meaningful as we make it...

Peredhil

An Ancient Polite Bard