The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

I And All The Things That Shaped Me (commentary)

Archive

Wyvern00

Elder of Initiates

(12/14/01 9:21:28 pm)

I and all the things that shaped me (commentary)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I realize the poem's not quite finished yet, Falcon, but never the less, a few comments right from the get go:

I must say that it's excellent thus far. A possible rival to 'Happy Birthday... for my greatest enemy', depending on how ambitious you are to tell your entire life story through the poem (Wyvern liked 'Happy Birthday' a LOT...). Once again, a great beginning. Two things that I particularly like thus far are the abstract opening with the use of celestial imagery and your depictions of several depressing yet sincere themes.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to reading the rest of it.

[image]http://www.legion-whiterose.com/signatures/aoa/wyv.gif[/image]

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

peredhil31

Elder of Lists and Manners

(12/14/01 9:24:29 pm)

ezSupporter

Re: I and all the things that shaped me (commentary)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers

I like this one!

Golden opening, descent into a valley of gloom, but the has the feel of a triumphant ending.

Like watching a really good movie!

Must be good - you sucked a response out of me when I have no time!

-P

Gyrfalcon25

Bard

(12/14/01 10:59:59 pm)

Reply Re: I and all the things that shaped me (commentary)

Hmm... not much to say as profound as Peredhil and Wyvern...

I love your use of images, such as how pain hardened your heart (which is basically how it feels. =\)

*Gyr applauds wildly* Keep going! Encore!

Lady Celes Crusader

Initiate

(12/15/01 1:17:42 am)

Reply Re: I and all the things that shaped me (commentary)

Although that the fact that English is my second language and that my brain is making a double work to decipher first the words and then to interprete the meaning, the only things I can say is that this is excellent stuff and keep them coming :)