The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Orlan vs Angelica

Orlan

So, I'm cleaning up my room and come to my bookshelf (which takes me 67 days to clean since everytime I take down a book I have to read it at least once) and I reach up and take down a big pile of papers and started looking through it and lo and behold, I find Orlan's Story....the origional copy :P (meaning the copy that I printed out and wrote and scribbled all over :P)

And you know what....it was friggin good.

So here it is, so future generations can benefit in my revelance of insanitistic masochism....

Or something like that.

Author Topic: Orlan's Story

Orlan

Veteran

posted March 30, 2000 11:18 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eeek

Alright that was fun, this is the repost of the sotry I've posted on s1 and a1. I dunno how long one posting can be so eh.

Orlan

Tribe Member S1

Sexy Sexy Man

"What the hell is this?!" Orlan roared. He was lying on his back on a table, his head over the edge of the table. He was staring at a sheet of paper that explained, step by step, the Verdant spell of Weather Summoning. Granted the sunlight would probably conflict with the Shroud of Darkness, but population would rise, the rites that are preformed daily take up too much time and resources. However it didn't seem like he could figure it out. Verdant mages tended to explain everything in extremely technical terms, something to do with being in touch with nature.

"Next time I think about dropping 300 million for a spell, let it be for a good quality meal," Orlan said to himself, not expecting an answer. He received one regardless.

"Actually, Sir, I believe the cooks do exquisite work," came a voice from the doorway of the library. Orlan sat up and turned to see his General of Elves standing in the doorway. Swift had been with Orlan for roughly 4 years now and she had never been a disappointment to him. He recruited her a while ago on one of his trips into the mountains of his kingdom. Many Dark Elves lived in the mountains, however they were suppressed by the land elves that ruled over them. When Orlan took that land from a Verdant he realized how much of an asset the fool Verdant was missing out on. He immediately extended greetings and protection to these Dark Elves and in return they have served him excellently for four years.

Swift was no exception to anything of the Dark Elves. Her long white hair was always held back by a magical gold ring Orlan and pillaged from some fool. It was pretty, Orlan had short hair, and he just figured she'd enjoy it more then he would. She never seemed to take it off and it clashed with her black leather armor. She was a very alluring dark skinned beauty, but then again Orlan believed all women are alluring. That was one of his big problems.

"So how may I help you today, General?" Orlan asked. Swift reached into the pouch at her side and took out a crystal ball. Her hand was surrounded by a dark blue glow as she levitated the ball to Orlan. Swift was also the best Elven Magician Orlan had ever seen. The crystal ball floated over to Orlan and he snatched it out of the air. He looked into it and saw a good view of a kingdom he was planning on attacking. The crystal ball confirmed his suspicions: the Phantasm mage had far too many air elementals.

"Well looks like we have a new target, you agree?" Orlan asked Swift.

"I concur, Sir," Swift replied. She always was formal.

"Excellent," Orlan said. He focused on the crystal ball and it destroyed itself.

"Larry," Orlan called out around him and in his mind. A momentary flash of darkness was accompanied by Larry the Lich, Orlan's General of Liches, standing beside Swift. Larry was a special lich for his body was not completely destroyed like most Liches. He still had his hair and most of the skin and hair on his head. However he had a black scarf around his face and nose that hid his lack of a jaw. Like all Liches Larry had no eyes, just empty blackness where his eyes should have been. Larry turned and nodded his head to Swift. Swift replied in kind.

"Sir?" Larry asked as he turned back to Orlan.

"Get the army ready, we're striking out tomorrow," Orlan said.

"It may be sooner then that, there's an army heading towards us," Larry said in his cold, calculating voice. Orlan's mind came back to full alert with those words. He stared Larry right in the face.

"Are you sure they're coming to our lands?" Orlan asked.

"It is an Ascendant army," Larry replied. Orlan started swearing up a storm. He was in the part of the continent where a large group of Eradication and Verdant mages lived, so whenever an Ascendant was spotted, it was known whom they were going after.

"Send out the Sprites, they can get there and gauge the army's strength and get back in time to report," Orlan said. "And ready your legions, you also Swift."

"Of course, Sir," Swift replied and sped off in a blur nearly to fast to register. Larry nodded to Orlan and disappeared.

*And stay away from the Dominions this time Larry, we suffered too many losses last time,* Orlan sent out his thought.

*Aye, Sir,* came the reply.

Orlan decided that he should go rouse his troops as well. He rushed out of the library and caught hold of one of his Sprites that was flying to join his brethren, his small wings flapping wildly. He redirected the sprite to fly to Bulldog's lands and ask for help from him. The sprite flew off quickly. Bulldog was a good ally and Orlan knew he would get some help, he just hoped it would be fast enough. Orlan ran down the halls of his fortress to the War Room. There were always a few Generals in there. He reached the door and nearly kicked it in. In the War Room, as expected, were three more Generals. Claw, General of Skeletons, Haik, General of Ghouls, and Ikeal, General of Orcs, were all playing a game of dice when Orlan burst in.

"Ey, boss, wat wrong?" Ikeal asked. His language skills were lacking but he was a terror on the battlefield. Two axes hung at his sides and he wore a necklace that was made of Angel feathers. He was a dangerous Orc despite his clumsiness.

"We got an army coming for us," Orlan said,

"Some poor fool thinks this Nether Mage is going down easy, how's about we show him he doesn't get any land without a fight, hm?" Ikeal grinned and growled.

"Ready the armiesss?" Haik hissed the question. Ghouls were known for their ability to paralyze those that saw them, and Orlan figured that the hiss was not normal but simply to add to the fear factor. Orlan was so used to them that he never thought twice about the aura of fear most of his creatures emitted.

"You bet, Haik, but avoid any walking trees if you see some, understand?" Orlan ordered. Haik nodded. Claw stood up and walked by Orlan nodding to him. Claw never spoke, yet that was typical for a Skeleton. They rarely spoke, it took too much effort. Claw, however, knew the routine, for he had done it many times before. The other two Generals followed suit and went to go round up their legions.

Orlan left the War Room and started searching for others he needed. He passed by a window and glanced out into the sky. The Shroud of Darkness that surrounded his kingdom was still up, yet it never completely helped against the Ascendants. In the field in front of the fortress, Larry the Lich stood conversing with Murray, General of Mind Rippers. The Mind Rippers were not the largest unit, yet they were invaluable against the Verdant mages that wandered into Orlan's territory from time to time.

Orlan smiled to himself and then continued walking down the hall. His walk came to a halt before a large door with ornate carvings on it. He paused and reasoned the time of day. It was about sundown.

"Eh, good enough time," Orlan said to himself. With a push he opened the great doors. The room inside was a large, windowless room, dimly lit by candlelight. This was the Vampire Room. "Wake up," Orlan ordered. Moans, groans and slight movements were his response.

"What is wrong?" came a voice from Orlan's left. Standing under the candlelight was Nos, the General of Vampires. He always was the same: silk shirt, black pants, black hair tousled and red eyes glowing.

"We're going to be attacked, rally your troops," Orlan said. He paused and looked around the room at the sleeping Vampires. "Or maybe wake them at least. I'll block out the sunlight for you."

"Thank you, Sir," Nos said. He turned around and started waking up his companions. Orlan backed out of the door and shut it. He started to walk down the hall when he felt a presence behind him. Arms snaked out around Orlan and he felt a cool body press against his back.

"What about me?" whispered a seductive voice into his ear. At the same moment a large pair of bat-like wings closed around him. Kraylin, the General of Succubi, bit gently on Orlan's ear. "Did you forget about me?"

"Yeah, as if you would let me," Orlan laughed. Kraylin was the only succubus who appeared the first time Orlan casted Dreams of Seduction. For some reason she did not return to her realm after the duration of the spell, but rather chose to remain with Orlan. Whether it was because she liked him, found him amusing or simply was waiting for the best moment to steal his soul, Orlan did not know. Nor did he care, for she was good company. "But I didn't want to waste mana summoning your sisters if I didn't have to," Orlan explained.

"Sure, use that old excuse again," Kraylin said. With a flap of her wings she flew up and over Orlan, landing directly in front of him. Orlan was happy to see that she was somewhat clothed. She had a thin strap of leather that covered her chest, barely, and she had another sort of skirt-like strap of leather over her waist. The natural way for a succubus is to be naked but Orlan wanted the males in his kingdom to actually get some work done so he made Kraylin wear something. She was one of the main reasons that all the humans who worked at the fortress were female. The other reasons for that were not as high caliber as that one, so Orlan only reminded himself of that one. "It's not easy being irresistible, you know."

"Yes I know, I hear that from Teraphin all the time," Orlan said. "Now then, you can do me a favor, go find Drek for me and tell him I want him on the front line." Drek was a Dread Knight, and he had earned his name. He was the most feared Dread Knight in nearly all Terra. He cost Orlan a hefty price to hire, but he has been worth every last gold coin. A certifiable Angel-killer, he someone still has control over his human soul.

"It's simply a job," Drek would always say as he stood in his room caring for the finches that braved Orlan's country. Drek carried a wicked, serrated blade, which was stained red in the blood of Angels. Yet this Dread Knight took care of these tiny birds as if they were his own children. Orlan had confided in Kraylin that the two billion plus gold was cheap for a soul like that. Kraylin seemed to have a deep respect for the Dread Knight.

"Your wish is my command, oh great and powerful Orlan," Kraylin said in a slightly mocking tone. Before Orlan could do anything she had disappeared. Orlan grinned to himself.

"It's never a dull moment, is it?" Orlan asked the air. The air had no reply.

But wait...there's more

[This message has been edited by Orlan (edited March 30, 2000).]

Orlan

Veteran

posted March 30, 2000 11:21 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes there IS more!

Orlan again started searching out his other Generals. He did not really have to personally do it this way since incoming attacks spread through the ranks like wildfire. Yet he wanted to make sure his troops were high on morale. As he thought of this another asset of his walked around the corner. Julian Romeo was a Fire Elementalist. An unbelievably large Fire Elementalist. Next to Julian, Orlan looked about as big as an Imp. Julian towered over everyone in both height and raw physical power. He wore only black breeches yet was never cold. The very air around him was almost too hot to stand. He was not loud and boisterous though. In fact he was more like a monk, constantly meditating trying to become closer to nature and the element of Fire.

"Julian, perfect!" Orlan said. Julian stopped and bowed to Orlan. "I need to talk to the Hounds, would you mind joining me?"

"Yes, Sir," Julian replied. Orlan could have gone alone but having someone else keep the heat away from him was easier, and Julian did not need to worry about the heat himself. Orlan smiled and headed around a corridor. He went down a few flights of stairs to the basement of the fortress. He stopped in front of a glowing red door. It was glowing red since it was extremely hot. Julian closed his eyes and a red shield appeared in a bubble around them both. Orlan forced the door open with his will. Inside was an inferno. A constant fire that had no chance of ever being put out. This was referred to as "The Kennel" since it was where the Hell Hounds stayed when not in battle.

"Grwear!" Orlan cried out into the inferno. The wall of flames was too thick to successfully see anything. Then movement could be seen. A large Hell Hound walked out from the fire, unharmed and itself on fire. The Hell Hound sat back in front of Orlan and Julian.

*You called?* came the thought from the Hell Hound. Hell Hounds had no way to speak normally, but they were able to use telepathy. It posed no problems for a mage of Orlan's caliber.

"Feel like burning some Angels?" Orlan asked the Alpha Hound. Grwear gave what was the closest thing to a Hound's grin.

*Always,* he thought. *However we are a little pressed for numbers. That last Siege took over half of us. Would you mind?* Grwear was asking if Orlan would summon more Hell Hounds. Orlan grinned.

"No problem," he replied. Orlan stared into the Hell Hound's inferno for a moment concentrating. He sent his thoughts out to the thousands of magical nodes throughout his kingdom. He could feel them pulsing with power. He eased out his magical powers and absorbed some of that mana. Orlan felt a momentary rush of pressure as his body became a conduit for all that power. His eyes flashed with light as he enacted a spell to open a portal between his realm and the Realm of Fire. The fires swirled and formed a black portal. From this portal burst forth hundreds of Hell Hounds into the inferno. Orlan felt the spell slipping so he let it go, closing the portal and returning his eyes to normal.

*Much appreciated,* Grwear nodded to Orlan. Orlan smiled back.

"Of course. Grwear I'm putting Julian in charge of you, I assume there'll be no problem with that?" Orlan said. Grwear growled a bit but agreed. "Good then I'll-" Orlan broke off suddenly feeling sick. Julian reached out an enormous arm to steady the mage. Orlan had no need for it since he instantly steadied himself again. He was still connected to the nodes of his kingdom and some of them just shattered.

"What is it?" Julian asked.

"Someone's using Mana Vortexes," Orlan replied. He turned to Julian. "Just get ready." Before Julian could answer Orlan stepped into the shadows. He moved from the basement of his fortress to floating above it. A simple teleport spell. No effort, just results. He was angry that someone would try and sap his nodes. He searched out for the perpetrator by following the trail of magic left behind by the teleporting of the Mana Vortex. He found his culprit. A Phantasm Mage sat in a pentagram focusing his power. He was too far away to be some random attack on his kingdom. Orlan guessed this was one of the Ascendant's allies. Apparently the Phantasm mage had no idea that Orlan had found him. Orlan grinned to himself.

Once again he reached out to grab hold of the mana he still had left in his nodes. He focused back on the trail left by the Phantasm mage. However this time Orlan focused on the mages kingdom and not the mage himself. He focused on the farms and towns throughout the kingdom.

Death…

Orlan summoned the power from within him. The power given to all Nether Mages. He had the ability to judge whether things live or die. He was a master or all things black and dark. He was the subject of the stories that mothers used to scare their children into submission. He was what nightmares were made of.

…and…

Orlan focused on the spell he had used so many times before. The raw power of the spell would frighten mortal man, as most things do. Orlan's eyes did not glow this time since the spell was his own, he need not exert more force then necessary. Orlan focused the fury of his spell onto the Phantasm mage's kingdom.

…Decay.

Instantaneously, half of the farms and towns and people were suddenly destroyed. Farm fields spontaneously caught on fire, houses collapsed, citizens dropped dead. The spell destroyed anything that was alive. A horrid spell, yet it's cost to the casted was great too. After only a little bit a tad more then half the mage's kingdom lay in waste. This was when Orlan cut his connection to the nodes and stopped the spell. He erred however. The amount of power he put into it was too much of a drain. He was suddenly falling. He did not fall far when he felt himself being caught.

"You alright, Master?" came a voice. Orlan saw wings. Black wings. Rapier had caught him. Rapier, a Fallen Dominion, once a proud Angel in the ranks of heaven yet corrupted by Orlan's dark power, had caught hold of Orlan, not letting him fall further. Now she had loyalty to only Orlan. Right now Orlan was thankful for it, too.

"Yeah I'm alright, just a little spent," Orlan said. "Drop me down on the roof of that tower over there if you would." Orlan pointed over to the highest tower on his fortress. Rapier swooped down, her black wings flapping gently in the air. She set Orlan down on the roof of the tower and let go of him. Orlan fell immediately on his back, breathing rather hard. He did not want to admit it but the Death and Decay spell took a lot out of him.

"Are you sure you're alright, Master?" Rapier said. Orlan closed his eyes, focused a bit, and then Orlan exhaled and looked up at Rapier standing over him.

Rapier was like any other Dominions. She had long blonde hair and clear blue eyes. She also had the added beauty that all Dominions had. However, Rapier had one outstanding feature that showed she was most certainly not a true Dominion anymore. She had pitch-black wings. Rapier was the lead Dominion of an Ascendant mage that attacked Orlan about a year ago. That attack was a day after Orlan had purchased the spell Corruption on the Black Market. Orlan was anxious to try out his new spell, and did so on Rapier. However, he was not ready for the toll the spell took.

Corruption took the black, darkened soul of the mage who casts it and infuses it into the Angel that is targeted by the spell. The toll on the Angel is miniscule. Aside from the black wings they change loyalties from the Ascendant mage summoned them to the Mage who casted the spell. That and their personality becomes more human and less divine. The mage who casted it, however, it eternally linked to the very soul of the Angel.

"A double edged sword," Orlan's brother Soran had once said. "The Angel will do anything including die for you but in return you feel all that happens to the Angel."

Soran was right. Orlan felt anything and everything that happened to Rapier. From the tugging of hair when she combed it, to being burnt by Dragon-Fire. The small feelings he has trained himself to ignore, yet he feels wounds she receives in battles, and they hurt.

"Master?" Rapier's words snapped him out of his flashback. He looked up and Rapier was standing over him, leaning on the pole of her enormous scythe. Her eyes looked worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Orlan said. "Just caught myself reminiscing." Orlan got to his feet and stretched out. He was feeling better after the Death and Decay spell. Orlan turned and looked ay Rapier in the face. "Don't do anything foolish today in the battle. I can't afford to have you die today."

"Your wish, Master," Rapier said, bowing. Orlan felt it was a mocking tone. Orlan was right. Yet Orlan could do nothing to stop her, he was not her father. He was too young and sexy for that.

"Har har har, little lady," Orlan chuckled. It was then Orlan sensed his General of Wraiths before he saw the General. Black fog came together on top of the roof. The fog solidified into a man-like shape. Two glowing red eyes appeared on what could be considered the face.

"Isope, tell me good news," Orlan ordered his General.

"I killed a man last night," came the fog's reply. Isope was never a good comedian.

"How about the troops?" Orlan asked.

"Ready and waiting, Sir," Isope replied. He pointed out to the fields. Out there was Orlan's entire army, a few million soldiers. A sea of black. A sea of Death. Orlan's sea.

"Well then, let's go kill some holiness," Orlan said. A shadow encompassed Orlan, Rapier and Isope. Their next destination was the head of the army.

Okies, that's the prepping, now it's time for some WAR!

Orlan

Tribe Member S1

Sexy Sexy Man

Orlan

Veteran

posted March 30, 2000 12:26 PM

Ohh there's more

Orlan

Triber S1

Sexy Sexy Man

Orlan stood at the head of all of his legions. Rapier was on one side and Isope was on the other. His other Generals all stood before him. Larry the Lich and his second in command, Linda the Lich, stood with Eegh, General of Zombies. By them stood the trio of Murray the Mind Ripper, Claw and Haik. Down from them, Ikeal stood a little bit away from Julian and Grwear. Orlan noticed the charred earth around the Elementalist and Hell Hound. The Dread Knight Drek sat atop an enormous black warhorse with Kraylin behind him. Nos was flying around above them all.

"Where's Swift?" Orlan asked his Generals. "And Mins?" Mins was the Sprite Captain; they were too small a group to have a General.

"Coming towards us right now," Nos said from above them. He pointed off in the direction that the Ascendant army was coming from, even though the army was too far off to see still. Orlan saw Swift and Mins moving towards him at a very fast pace. Mins flew at a normal speed for a Sprite, which was just under a blur, while Swift trailed behind him with two more Dark Elves behind her. Surprisingly enough, the Dark Elves were keeping pace with Mins. The group reached the edge of one of Orlan's forests that was on the edge of the battlefield. Swift yelled some orders to the other two Dark Elves and the immediately detoured, disappearing into the forest. Mins and Swift arrived before Orlan moments later. Swift was slightly winded and hurt. She had a cut across her forearm and was bleeding a bit.

"Trouble?" Orlan asked her. Swift nodded but it was Mins who answered quickest.

"TherewerePreacherstryingtoconvertyourpeople," Mins blurted out at an amazing speed. He wasn't staying still either. He was constantly zipping around.

"We stopped most of them when her White Knight appeared. He nearly slaughtered me but Mins knocked me out of the way in time. I only got this scratch," Swift said indicating her arm. Mins immediately went red and became speechless, something rare for a Sprite. Mins stopped zipping around and landed. He stopped next to Julian, where the Sprite looked like a newborn compared to the giant Fire Elementalist.

"Great job Mins!" Orlan exclaimed. Mins simply went a deeper shade of red. Sprites were easily embarrassed. Rapier walked over to Swift and reached out to the Dark Elf's arm. A shadow encompassed the Dark Elf's arm and when it went away the wound was gone.

"Thank you, Rapier," Swift said. Rapier nodded back.

"'Her' White Knight?" Orlan asked.

"Angelica is the mage's name," Swift replied.

"Regardless, no mercy for those who attempt harm to my kingdom," Orlan said.

"Pardon?" Drek said. All turned to look at him. "Angelica, you said her name was?" the Dread Knight asked Swift. The Dark Elf nodded. "Was the White Knight you fought a man with no left eye?"

"Yes…" Swift said. "How did you…?"

"I took that eye from him," Drek said. His disposition went from calm to irate quickly. "His name is Torra, and he is the very definition of a White Knight: arrogant, fearless and utterly stupid."

"Old friend I take it?" Larry the Lich asked. Drek snorted contemptuously.

"We were both Knight Templars once," Drek explained. "During one attack on a Nether mage, some of the mercenaries the Ascendant mage had hired decided to have some fun with the people of the Nether mage's realm. They started raping a young girl. I was about to stop them when Torra stopped me.

" 'They wish to live in the dark, let them die in the dark,' he told me. Then he smiled. It was that smile that made me act against my Templar training."

"Oh?" Orlan asked.

"I immediately went after the mercenaries. I am positive that Lucifer was watching when I did this for when I struck down one of the mercenaries I was morphed into that you see me as today. My armor bled until it was black. My sword turned into Ragnarok," Drek patted the sheathed sword that was at his side. The hilt of the gigantic sword was made of Angel bones. "And I became Drek, the Dread Knight. It was Torra who ordered my death after I had killed those mercs. I had to kill half my former legion and take Torra's eye before I was able to escape."

"What happened to the young girl?" Kraylin asked from behind him.

"Apparently, the Nether mage's Verdant ally saw what I had done and was impressed," Drek said. "She took the girl from me and told her she'd protect her and give the army that was after me something to deal with. After that I believe that the girl became a Verdant mage and took over for the mage that saved me."

"Not 'appy end now," Ikeal told the Dread Knight. "Dead Wite Nite be 'appy end."

"I plan on it," Drek said. He turned to Orlan. "With your permission, of course."

"Don't care for rapists," Orlan said. "And I care even less for those who stand by and let it happen. And I care the least for people who attack my kingdom. You have my permission and blessing to kill that creature." Orlan smiled.

A small sprite whizzed by Orlan and whispered something in Mins' ear. Mins shook off his blush and nodded.

"Thearmyisjustabouttoreachthehill," Mins blurted out.

"Legions ready!" Larry the Lich roared out. Orlan had a sudden idea.

*All legions get ready but do not attack, that is an order,* Orlan sent out the thought to all his troops. Orlan grinned evilly.

"Uh oh," Larry said.

"I know that grin," Isope said. "You're going to do something stupid, aren't you sir?" Larry and Isope had been with Orlan longer then all the others. They knew what the plan was without ever hearing it.

"Utterly," Orlan agreed. "Rapier, Drek, you two move on my signal. Everyone else, you'll know when." A shadow engulfed Orlan, Rapier and Drek, sans his horse and Kraylin, as they teleported to the middle of the soon to be battlefield. Orlan reached out for the mana that still remained in his nodes. Orlan had stole Teraphin's Hallucination spell one time and copied it down before sneaking it back. Orlan had fine-tuned that spell by mixing it with another. He made it so that Hallucination worked on a smaller scale. He casted this spell on his entire army vanished, including Rapier and Drek. To any onlooker it looked as if Orlan was alone.

"Is this wise?" Orlan heard Drek's voice.

"Not at all, now shuddup and let me have my fun," Orlan said with a grin.

"Well let the fun begin, Master," Rapier's voice said. "Because here they come."

Rapier was right. A moment later the Ascendant mage's army crested the hill. Orlan looked over his opponent's army and whistled. Dominions, Archangels, Angels, Unicorns, Knight Templars and more made up her army. It was larger then Orlan expected, but not something he couldn't deal with. It was then Orlan something he couldn't deal with. It was then Orlan spotted Angelica, sitting atop a white horse, clad in golden armor. She even looked arrogant. Orlan caught a glimpse of a one-eyed Knight behind her.

"Oh dear, I have guests," Orlan said. He didn't speak loud but his voice carried to the ears of all of Angelica's troops.

"I see you wised up and decided not to fight back against the righteous light," Angelica replied. Orlan kept a tight reign on his anger. A very tight reign.

"Oh dear me, no," Orlan replied. "I simply wanted to cut down on my casualties."

"So you intend to face an entire army alone?" Angelica said then laughed.

"Of course I am," Orlan replied. "I'm not going to let some wide-hipped, fat-assed girl with a small chest come into my kingdom and try and take my land because she feels self-conscious about being uglier then an Orc. In fact, the only reason you're even attacking me is because Sex Kitten blocked your attack last week. You thought she'd be a good prey but not only did she block your attack, but she also is ten times the woman you are. I feel sorry for her, being so beautiful when ugly people like you are around." Orlan felt so pissed off right now, it was good to get his anger out. And it worked too. Angelica barked out orders to her troops.

"Dominions," Rapier said into Orlan's ear. She was right. Fifty-some Dominions started flying towards Orlan, moving very quickly. Orlan's plan was working perfectly. This was nearly half of her Dominions. Orlan again reached out for the mana from his nodes. This time, he'd kill off the Dominions. Orlan waited until they reached a point close to him, and then Gazed at them. Dominion after Dominion fell dead. One by one Orlan picked off each Dominion, until there was one left. That Dominion kept on coming. It neared Orlan and raised its sword to strike.

"Rapier," Orlan said. He smiled as the Dominion was about to strike. Rapier wings leaped out of the hallucination and surrounded Orlan. The Dominion's blade stopped before it struck Rapier's wings. True Dominions could never strike another Angel, ever. The Dominion was confused, but he was unable to recover in time. Drek stepped out of the illusion and sliced the Dominion in half with his wicked sword. Rapier stepped fully out of the illusion and flapped her wings once so that she was floating just above Orlan. Drek stood up and looked at the army.

"Oh my," Orlan said to Angelica. "It seems I forgot to disband these two. Silly me. If I forgot to disband these two I must have forgotten to disband these other two million also!" With that Orlan dropped the illusion spell over his army. Orlan's army appeared from nowhere. Armed and Dangerous.

"Heh, too bad for you," Isope added.

"Templars attack!" Angelica shouted out at the top of her lungs. The tens of thousands of Knight Templars and Knights under Angelica's command began their attack. The thundering of hooves accompanied their attack run.

"Well?" asked Larry the Lich. Orlan turned to Swift.

"Do you have the net ready?" Orlan asked her. Swift grinned mischievously, a rare feat for her.

"Ready and waiting, Sir," Swift replied.

"Then put it up and let's catch some Knights," Orlan said. The net Orlan referred to was a Dark Elf spell that created a magical wall that disintegrated anything that touched it.

Swift put her fingers to her mouth and whistled loudly as she ran forward to meet the Templar advance. An instant later five shadows joined her in her advance. These five shadows slowly solidified into five more Dark Elves. The five new Dark elves started chanting softly as they surrounded Swift. The General of Elves raised her hand and came to a halt. The other five Dark Elves scattered off to the sides of Swift so that they formed a long line before the Knights advance. Orlan heard Swift shout out orders and all the dark elves leveled their hands at the Knights.

Suddenly a wall of dark purple fire shot up from the ground. The first ranks of Knights that slammed into the wall were disintegrated instantaneously. This slaughter continued for a moment before the Knights were able to slow down to a halt and stop.

Angelica wasted no time however and she sent a legion of Pegasi out. The flying stallions could easily avoid the wall of flame. Orlan simply grinned.

"Nos!" he yelled out. The General of Vampires flew down by Orlan.

"You rang?" Nos asked with a smile that showed off his fangs.

"Clip some wings," Orlan said nodding his head at the oncoming horde of Pegasi.

"Yes, Sir," Nos replied. He floated up and turned back to his troops. A few thousand Vampires floated in the air, lounging about without a care in the world. Nos said something to the group in a language Orlan knew he'd never understand. All the Vampires smiled and took off after Nos, flying at the Pegasi. Angelica reacted just as Orlan thought she would. Ascendants became predictable after a while. Angelica's Archangels rose up and sped to intercept the Vampires.

"Sir, he's coming," Drek said from beside Orlan. The Nether Mage turned and looked at his Dread Knight. The warrior had a stern look on his face and his eyes burned with hatred and disgust. Orlan knew who he was talking about, for Orlan himself saw the one-eyed White Knight charging down the battlefield to the wall of flame. Angelica casted Sword of Light, which left a ripple in the ambiance around her. The spell was focused on Torra's sword. Orlan had to give Angelica credit. Using Torra's holy sword and Sword of Light spell to try and shatter the wall the Dark Elves made.

"Then go, and if you can, kill some Knights while you're down there," Orlan told the Dread Knight. Drek nodded and mounted his horse. He turned and faced the Ascendant army. His eyes closed momentarily and breathed deeply. When he opened his eyes again the Dread Knight had an unholy aura about him. The very sight of him gave even Orlan a chill. Yet Orlan knew that he had nothing to worry about from the Dread Knight. Drek drew out Ragnarok and raised the wicked sword over his head. The Dread Knight let out a vicious war cry that Orlan amplified by casting the simple spell Fear. The entire Ascendant army jolted to a halt momentarily. A few groups of Knights turned to run away yet most of the other units shook off the Fear and continued with their attack. Drek set off at a gallop to meet Torra.

Meanwhile Torra charged full at the wall of flame before the Knights. The White Knight and horse were engulfed in a ball of white-hot light that blinded those around them. The ball hit the wall of flame and shattered it instantaneously. The light faded down and Torra spurred his horse on to attack the Dark Elves that were now lying on the ground writhing in pain from the backlash of the broke spell. Orlan spared a moment to be worried about Swift but it proved to be pointless. Drek would meet Torra before he could reach any of the elves. However Torra was no longer his concern since the Knights began their charge anew.

"Kraylin, Satchel of Mist," Orlan said. The Succubus made a small satchel appear from nowhere and handed it to Orlan. "Isope, go after the Knights, the honor less way."

"Gladly, Sir," Isope said. Orlan undid the strings on the satchel and dumped the contents out onto the ground. What fell out was a small bit of mist. Focusing his power, Orlan magnified this mist and aimed it at the Knights. The ground around the attacking Knights suddenly became misty and foggy. The Knights couldn't see much but they continued on with their assault.

Isope took the cue and the semblance of black fog that was his body dispersed into nothing. The ten thousand other wraiths under his command did the same. They did not completely disappear, since Orlan could still see them each as a small blotch of black fog, but they made themselves into something that was nearly impossible to hit. The Wraiths then spread into the mist that was created from Orlan's satchel. They then struck out and started taking out the Knights. The Knights had no defense against the Wraiths since in the fog and mist they could not tell what was Wraith and what was simply mist. Many Knights would strike at the air around them, trying to hit anything. Then the Knights would be struck down without even knowing where their attackers were.

There's more in a day or less...

Orlan

Veteran

posted April 05, 2000 06:25 PM

Orlan turned his attention back to the Pegasi that where now in the process of being slaughtered by Nos' Vampires. Angelica's Archangels were nearly to the Vampires.

"Ikeal! The Archangels!" Orlan yelled to the Orc. Ikeal raised his muzzle to the sky and let out a gluttonal roar. A moment later a storm of arrows flew out of the forest at the Archangels. Ikeal's Orcish Archers shot arrows non-stop from their hidden locations in the forest. The arrows would not necessarily do the most damage to the Archangels, yet they were enough of an annoyance to give the Vampires time to retreat and regroup. Angelica's Pegasi attempted to continue the battle with the Vampires but were stopped again when the Dark Elf Magicians stepped out from the forest. The Dark Elves slung fireballs and flame arrows at the Pegasi, decreasing their numbers rapidly.

"Unicorns," Larry the Lich said from beside Orlan. The great Necromancer turned to look at what Larry had just said but heard them before he was fully turned. This thundering was ten times the magnitude Orlan had felt when the Knights charged. Unicorns were fierce creatures to deal with. Yet this was why Orlan had the Hell Hounds.

"Julian, get to those Unis before they get to Isope and Claw," Orlan ordered the Fire Elementalist. Claw and his Skeletons had entered into the fray shortly after Isope and his wraiths entered into the battle. Julian nodded and took off towards the Unicorns with Grwear and his Hell Hounds following close behind. A small band of Knight Templar broke out of the Satchel of Mist's power and charged for the Hell Hounds. Julian saw this and his hands went up in front of him. He started tracing an arcane sigil in the air; wherever his finger traced, a line of flame appeared. When the symbol was done Julian forced his hand through it and pointed at the Knight Templars. Julian's body took on an aura or red-hot flame that surrounded him completely. This aura of flame moved suddenly and lashed out towards the Templars in the form of two whips made from fire. Arcfire was just one of Julian's many deadly spells. Orlan turned to Larry.

""Lars," he said to the Lich. "Strike out at the Unis when they get in your range."

"Aye, Sir," Larry replied. With Linda in tow, Larry the Lich started off after Julian.

"Why does she keep the Dominions and Angels back?" Kraylin wondered out loud. Eegh answered before Orlan could.

"Because she's afraid of us," the General of Zombies said. "My Zombies haven't moved an inch since this battle commenced. Angelica sees this. She's not a complete fool like many Ascendant Mages are. She knows how dangerous we are in large numbers, especially to the Doms. That's why she sent the Pegasi and Knights in first, to try and distract us enough to let the Archangels through. If the Archangels could get though to us she would have sent the Doms after Larry and his Liches and the Angels would have been sent after the Mind Rippers, the only two creatures that don't have to be in melee with something to destroy it. The Rippers have no weaknesses to the Holy power of the Angels and Liches simply have the raw power to fear. She's not too stupid." Eegh was a genius aside from the fact that he was dead. Nearly all of Orlan's "sane" strategies came from this Zombie. Eegh had won Orlan countless battles, some with Orlan's army having as few as sixty casualties.

"Wow," Kraylin said, a little awestruck. "It's a shame you don't remember who you were before you died, Eegh." Most Zombies, after they're raised from the dead, lose their memories. However, some, like Eegh, retain a portion of their memories. Luckily for Orlan's sake, Eegh retained the knowledge of strategy, yet he could remember nothing of his past life.

"Eh, it's in the past," Eegh replied. "May I make a suggestion, Sir?"

"Your council is always welcome, Eegh," Orlan replied.

"Have my Zombies and Haik's Ghouls attack with Murray and his Rippers as back up. You still have a Carpet of Flying left over," Eegh said. Orlan broke out into an enormous grin.

"Do it," Orlan said. "Haik!" The General of Ghouls was over in a moment.

"Yesss, Sssir?" Haik hissed.

"Go for the Angels," Orlan said. Haik flashed his sharp teeth in a large grin.

"Gladly," the Ghoul replied. He went off to where the Ghouls waited patiently. Orlan turned back to Eegh who was now taking Orlan's Carpet of Flying and flapped it at his troops three times. On the third time, the carpet shattered into nothing. A moment later, every single Zombie and Ghoul was floating above the ground, granted with the gift of flight from the carpet. All sans Eegh. Orlan was not about to risk him getting killed.

*Zombies, Dominions. Ghouls, Angels. Now Go!* Orlan sent the order out to his troops. The Zombies and Ghouls took off quickly, flaunting their newfound flying ability.

"Master..." Rapier began. Orlan knew the unasked question. He was loathe to allow it but he knew he had little choice in the outcome. Either he let her attack or she would anyway.

"Go," Orlan said. "But remember, if you get in trouble, retreat or I'll make you retreat forcibly." Orlan's answer to his completely hollow threat was a simple nod. With two flaps of her black wings Rapier was off into battle, heading straight for the Dominions.

Orlan now stood with Kraylin and Eegh, watching the battle below. Drek and Torra were locked in an eternal struggle, white against black, light against dark, good against evil. The two auras of the battling knights were strong enough around them that none came within a certain distance of them both. However, all around them Isope and Claw were making short work of the pathetic Knights. Nos and his Vampires had joined them and were bleeding the Knights dry, literally.

Swift and her Dark Elves and Ikeal and his Orcs had obliterated Angelica's Pegasi and had moved on to help Julian and Grwear with the Unicorns. Murray and his Mind Rippers, along with some of the now airborne Zombies, were keeping the Archangels at bay. The rest of the Zombies and Haik and his Ghouls were in a flying melee with the Angels and Dominions. Things were going Orlan's way. It was then that a Sprite flew up to Orlan at an amazing speed. The Sprite stopped just short of Orlan's face.

"Archangels!" the sprite yelled out. A Sprite's yell, however, was not much. Orlan looked at the Sprite oddly.

"She's an Ascendant Mage, of course she has Archangels," Orlan replied.

"Nononononono," the Sprite replied quickly. "ImeanherallysentArchangelsandthey'renearlyhere!" the Sprite pointed her small arm behind Orlan. The Nether Mage spun around quickly and Kraylin and Eegh followed suit. Indeed there were Archangels coming. Orlan could sense about three thousand of them. The Sprite saw the Archangels again and got scared. She let out a small yelp and flew behind Kraylin, sticking her head over the Succubus' shoulder to see.

"Damn! This is not what I needed," Orlan said with anger in his voice. Indeed this was not a good thing for Orlan. His forces were all occupied already. Orlan was the only one who could deal with them right now. The problem was not that they were too much for Orlan to handle, Nether Mages could take on tons more deadly creatures. The problem was that this would be a distraction to Orlan. If he needed to react to something on the battlefield, he might not be able to. It was then that Eegh laughed, a hollow sound that chilled Orlan. "What?" Orlan asked.

"The Archangels are all male, Sir," Eegh replied, a big grin on his face. Orlan looked to the Archangels and confirmed this; they were all male. Orlan also laughed, although when he laughed, all on the battlefield heard it also.

"You find something amusing, Dark One?" Angelica asked, her voice resonating all over the battlefield also.

"Of course," Orlan replied. "Y'know if you would like for your ally to keep his reinforcements, you should send em back." Angelica laughed scornfully.

"In your dreams," she replied. Orlan grinned.

"My Dreams is right," Orlan said. He reached out to his mana supplies in his nodes. He then reached out with his hand and grabbed hold of Kraylin's wrist. With a flourish of his Necromancer's Cloak, a cloak given to all that are chosen to be Nether Mages, Orlan threw his cloak over Kraylin as he unleashed the spell Dream of Seduction. He closed his cloak and focused the spell through it.

With another big flourish Orlan flew open his cloak. Tens of thousands of bats flew out from his cloak. The bats immediately went after the approaching Archangels. It was then that Kraylin stepped out from Orlan's cloak, the Sprite still on her back. Kraylin had a seductive little smile on her face.

"Sisters!" Kraylin called out. Suddenly there were no longer tens of thousands of bats flying at the Archangels but rather tens of thousands of Succubi. The Succubi would convert the Archangels, "persuade" them to stop fighting, or kill them off. Whichever way they did it, Orlan now had no threat from Angelica's backup. He could now turn his attention back to the ensuing battle.

More to come...

Orlan

Veteran

posted April 19, 2000 07:42 PM

Oh lookie there's more...

He did so just in time too. Turning, he saw Torra about to plunge his sword into Drek, who was lying on the ground, defenseless.

"Now you die like you should have done all those years ago," Torra said. Orlan tried to fire off a Mind Blast but he tried to cast it too quickly and the spell fizzled. He was about to try again when Swift got there first. The Dark Elf leapt at the White Knight and kicked him solidly in the arm. Torra was a big man but that was enough to distract him from killing Drek. Instead, Torra raised up a gauntlet and grabbed hold of Swift's ankle. He then slammed her into the ground, hard. This time Torra raised his sword to stab down on Swift. The Dark Elf saw the sword coming down and closed her eyes for the inevitable. However, instead of stabbing Swift, Torra stabbed Mins.

From out of nowhere Mins has come flying at his top speed. And the Sprite did what he needed to do. Torra's sword was now lodged completely through the Sprite General's chest, the tip of the blade an inch away from Swift's face. For a moment nobody who was involved moved. Torra stood perfectly still. Swift lay beneath Mins, her face froze in a look of shock. Both Orlan and Angelica stood still, watching open-mouthed. A drop of Mins blood trailed down Torra's sword and dropped onto Swift's cheek where it rolled down like a single bloody tear.

Suddenly, Mins grabbed a hold of Torra's sword and with a yelp of pain twisted it in his body so that the blade was level with the ground. Mins then beat his wings as hard as he could. The Sprite flew upwards, taking Torra's sword with him. Torra could not react in time since the Sprite moved faster then he ever could, and he was knocked off balance with his sword hand in the air and his other hand off to the side. This was all the opportunity that Swift needed. With a scream of anguish and pain, the Dark Elf Magician unleashed a fireball at the White Knight. The fireball hit him at point blank range with unbelievable force. Torra was blown back, his sword hand lost his grip and Mins lost whatever strength he had left and both the Sprite and the sword fell to the ground.

Torra tried to regain his balance. His armor had taken the brunt of Swift's attack and the Knight was left relatively unscathed. Yet Torra could not regain himself before Drek ran him though from behind. The blade of Ragnarok stuck out from the White Knight's chest. Drek stood behind Torra; the Dread Knight's eyes had a terrifying look of vengeance in them.

"This time," Drek said very softly. Orlan was sure only the two Archmages and Knights could hear what Drek was saying. "This time I will not stop with just your eye." With that, Torra's body erupted in pitch-black fire. Demon-Fire. The fire spread to Drek also, yet the Dread Knight paid it no heed. Torra was meanwhile writhing in agony as the Demon-Fire burned away his very body and soul. The Demon-Fire then flared up one last time and then disappeared as quickly as it had appeared, leaving nothing to indicate that Torra had just been standing there. Nothing, that is, except the White Knight's sword which was still lodged in Mins' small body. Drek stabbed Ragnarok into the ground, letting it stay there. The Dread Knight walked over to the Sprite and kneeled down beside him. Being extremely careful, the Dread Knight extracted the sword from Mins. He then took off his cape and laid it over the little body. The Dread Knight stood up and fixed Angelica with a gaze of intense hatred. Angelica returned it with one of her own.

Shadows encompassed Orlan, Eegh, Kraylin and the Sprite on her back as Orlan teleported them to where Mins lay.

"Kraylin, Aylis," Orlan addressed the Succubus and Sprite. "Get Mins, Eegh tend to Swift." The Dark Elf was on the ground near Mins, crying softly. The three of them nodded and did what they were told. Orlan walked over to where Ragnarok was. The Nether Mage reached out his hand and grabbed hold of the hilt, lifting the deadly weapon from the ground. For anyone other than Drek the sword would destroy the wielders soul. Orlan was unaffected, though.

The Nether Mage held the sword upright before him. He reached out and pressed his hand on the blade of the wicked sword, cutting into himself. Orlan's blood trailed down the edge of the sword. The Mage then focused on the spell Blood Curse, charging mana into his blood. The blood on the sword became black in color and attached itself to the blade. The sword was given an eerie glow.

"Drek," Orlan said. The Dread Knight turned and looked at Orlan, the gaze from his eyes would have matched Orlan's Gaze of Death any day. Orlan held out Ragnarok to Drek. "Go," he commanded.

"Gladly," Drek replied. The Dread Knight took his sword from Orlan and stalked off, back into the battle. Orlan turned back to Swift who was attempting to go after Drek, her own short sword drawn. Eegh was trying to hold her back,

"What good do you possibly believe you will be with that ankle, eh?" Eegh asked the Dark Elf. "You go out there an all you'll accomplish is the loss of another General."

"I will not die, Eegh!" Swift exclaimed. She broke free from the Zombie's grip and spun right into Orlan who stood behind her. Orlan reached out and snatched up the Blade of the sword that Swift carried. He raised the blade so it was level with both their faces. Orlan then saw in the Dark Elf's eyes what she planned on doing. Orlan clenched his hand around the blade of the sword and cast blood curse on it as well.

"Listen to me," Orlan told her. "Die out there and I will make sure that your soul never receives peace." That was a threat that Orlan could back up, and Swift knew that. The Dark Elf took her sword and ran off, following that path of death Drek left behind him.

"Are you sure that was wise, Sir?" Eegh asked. Orlan turned back to Eegh and saw Kraylin cradling Mins small body in her arms. Her face had a somber look to it. Orlan disliked that look.

"It would have taken too much power to keep her reigned in, Eegh. Besides, she deserves to avenge Mins death. That is the way of Elves, let them be." Orlan teleported the group back to where they were before. Orlan turned to look at Angelica and gauge what her reaction had been. She did not look happy. It was then that Orlan remembered what Uriel had told him once.

"Don't piss off an Ascendant Mage. It's like giving a crossbow to a blind man. He's not really threatening since he can't see anything, but if he hits you, you're still screwed." Uriel had lots of other advice, yet Orlan simply ignored him when he talked most of the time. However he was mad he only now remembered this tad of advice.

Still more...

Orlan

Veteran

posted May 17, 2000 09:10 PM

Orlan could feel Angelica reaching out for her mana. From the look on the Ascendant Mage's face, Orlan lost all faith in the Shroud of Darkness that surrounded his kingdom.

"Nos!" Orlan shouted to his General of Vampires. "Sunlight!" Nos currently had his teeth sunk into the neck of an unsuspecting Angel when the warning came. Instantly Nos morphed into a bat and most of the other Vampires followed suit. However, some didn't do it fast enough.

Angelica released her spell and shattered the Shroud of Darkness that surrounded Orlan's kingdom. Sunlight poured in on his troops. Those Vampires who were not fast enough to morph were suddenly turned into dust. The rest of the bats turned tail and flew back to their sanctuary, per Orlan's pre-made orders. If you can't fight, run and come back for vengeance later. The shattering of the Shroud of Darkness was not the worst of it though. The spell Angelica shattered it with was the Gate spell.

With a flash of light as bright as the sun, the clouds parted to reveal the Gates of Heaven floating in mid-air. From somewhere a bell pealed and the gates swung open. Denizens of the Heavenly Hosts poured out from the gates and headed straight for Orlan's army.

"Ah, hell," Orlan said. *Isope! Get your wraiths over there and see if you can distract some of those things!* Orlan ordered the wraith. Isope reacted immediately and a cloud of mist began forming in front of the oncoming Gated creatures. However the forward momentum and speed of those Ascendant creatures was too great for Isope to be completely effective. His Wraiths stopped a few Angels but the Archangels tore though their ranks like they were not even there. Orlan swore again.

*Zombies! To the new ones, and FAST!* Eegh sent out the command to his troops. Immediately the Zombies responded, the Dominions they were facing lost their priority and all Zombies began flying back to the gated troops. However the Gated troops where no longer Orlan's main worry, the thirty Dominions that were summoned behind the Liches where. Orlan had concentrated too much on the Blood Curse spell and he did not feel anything from when Angelica cast Descent.

*Larry get the hell out of there!* Orlan commanded, His order was lost since the Dominions began slaughtering the Liches quickly. A hundred fell, and then another hundred. Liches were strong but the Dominions were their downfall. The chilling magic of a Lich was used well, yet they had a terrible weakness to the Holy power of the Dominions. Orlan was about to enter into the battle on his Liches behalf when a spear plunged down from the clouds above. The spear was very big and had an aura about it as it plummeted down towards were the Liches and Dominions where battling.

Orlan reacted on instinct and recited the words from one of the Scroll of Protection from Fire that he kept in his fortress. Orlan could sense the scroll vanish from his fortress and at the same time his Liches took on a red aura about them. The spear struck the ground directly between Larry the Lich and one of the Dominions that was trying to kill him. When the spear hit the ground it exploded in an inferno of fire. A wall of flames spread out from the point of impact, frying all the Dominions around it while the Liches were protected from the fire by the power of Orlan's artifact. The remaining Dominions that were among the Liches did not have time to respond to the attack since five Red Dragons burst from the clouds, heading straight for the Angelic Beings. With them was a familiar figure to Orlan. Lan-Gaer, a Dragon Knight, came flying down after the Red Dragons. Dragon Knights had special armor that contained a smaller version of Dragon Wings on them to allow them to fly with the Dragons they control. These were Bulldog's reinforcements to Orlan.

"Perfect timing as usual," Orlan said half to himself. The Red Dragons went immediately for the Dominions and made short work of them, however Orlan's Liches were in no shape to be useful, only a handful remained alive. Thankfully Larry and Linda both survived.

"Lan-Gaer! Can you get rid of those Archangels over there?!" Orlan shouted to the Dragon Knight as the knight retrieved his spear. Lan-Gaer grinned at Orlan as he usually would, since he had no tongue. The Dragon Knight nodded and launched himself into the air, wings flapping in the wind.

Lan-Gaer started flying straight for where Orlan's Zombies and Wraiths were tangled with Angelica's Gated troops. Things were looking up for Orlan, or so he thought.

Orlan cried out in agony as a terrible ripping feeling overcame him. The Necromancer fell to one knee and sorted out his mind as swiftly as he could. The ripping feeling was from Rapier. Orlan instantly zeroed in on where she was. She was fighting some Dominions and one got in a lucky hit that rendered her unconscious. What was worse was that she was now plummeting quickly to the forest below her. Orlan felt uneasy about something and his suspicions were correct, the forest was not his. It was made up of Treants, Angelica's Treants and Rapier was falling right for them.

Orlan had two options and one was impossible since the Red Dragons were too far away to be of any assistance. That left him with one option, and he took it. Orlan played one of the final aces he had slid up his sleeve. Forming the pattern of it in his mind, Orlan cast Corruption on the Dominion that had just struck Rapier. The change was instantaneous. The Dominion's wings melted from white to black and Orlan felt another presence in his mind. One he gave a simple order to.

*GET HER!!!* Orlan shouted in his mind. The new Fallen Dominion did not waste any time and went into a dive for Rapier. The newest addition to Orlan's army moved like an eagle going in for the kill and was able to catch Rapier before she hit the Treants. However Angelica was aware of this exchange and she guessed that Orlan was connected to his Fallen Dominions. She ordered all of her troops to kill the two Fallen Dominions, and all her troops took the order seriously.

Every creature under her control stopped fighting and took off towards the two Fallen Ones.

Orlan tried to shout out orders to his troops but the dual drain from another Fallen Dominion in his mind and the toll that Corruption took on him would not let him.

Orlan fell down to both his knees, as helpless as a newborn Dryad. He could do nothing right now as drained as he was. This was why he had Generals.

*Get Rapier and yourself out of here!* Orlan could hear Kraylin send out the order to the new Fallen Dominion. The Succubus also leaned down and put her arm around him.

*Lan-Gaer, get your Red Dragons to stop anything that tries to follow them.* Orlan now heard Eegh send out this order.

*Isope! Move you wraiths and mingle in with the Treants. Get them confused.* Larry sent out that order.

*Will do!* Isope replied. *Claw, get in the way of the Unicorns. Swift! Drek! Help Ikeal out with the Archangels.*

Orlan kneeled there, listening to his Generals shout out orders and move the now diminishing remnants of his army into the positions they should be. However it was beginning to be all for not. Orlan felt Angelica summoning her power again. Another Gate was coming. Orlan gritted his teeth and summoned what power he had left to stand up. He made it half way on his own but Kraylin helped him up the rest of the way. Orlan felt the energy flee from his body once more and he nearly fell upon Kraylin. Kraylin took Orlan's chin in her hand and turned his face to her own. She moved in like she was going to kiss him but she stopped short, her mouth partly open. Orlan felt someone's lifeforce being forced into him. Kraylin must have had some poor fool's soul in her. Orlan was completely grateful.

"Thank you," Orlan said, whole-heartedly. Kraylin said nothing just leaned against Orlan. The Necromancer lifted his head up to look at Angelica. The Ascendant witch was summoning the mana to cast Gate another time, Orlan could feel it being done. Orlan had no sane options left. His army was being desecrated. Lan-Gaer was an enormous help but it would not be enough. Larry and Linda were the only Liches left, and both of them were haggard and nearly dead, again. Orlan's army was a skeleton of what it was before.

*Generals to me, all else scatter. Lan-Gaer, thank Bulldog for me.* Orlan sent out the order. His army knew what he was going to do; it had happened before. All of Orlan's Generals moved to him, the rest of his troops took off to the forests or simply crumbled away into nothing, waiting for later when Orlan would again raise them from their eternal slumber. Angelica watched this with interest.

"Conceding finally, Orlan?" Angelica said to him. Orlan closed his eyes and said a prayer to Magic, the Mother of All and Nothing, one of the Gods whom Orlan had many good dealings with. Orlan was rewarded by the Goddess filling up his nodes to their full capacity again. Orlan reached for the power within him. His last spell. His last resort. His last stand. Orlan repeated the words in his mind.

*I sell my soul to you who can grant me the power to destroy all the fools who stand before me.* Orlan released the spell Contract of the Soul. Immediately, a sheet of paper and a pen appear floating in front of him. Orlan knew the routine. He and he alone was the only one who could see this contract. However this time, Orlan did not spend the time and read the contract.

"Why don't you just give up to me, Necromancer. You who dabble in the Nether Arts is destined to be ousted by the righteousness of the Light," Angelica preached. Orlan growled.

"No, you bitch," Orlan said. "I choose my Destiny!" Orlan grabbed the pen from where it was floating in front of him and signed the contract, signing over all the people in his country for the power to defeat Angelica. The contract disappeared in a flash of light and a young man in cloak appeared at Orlan's side. Orlan realized something was different about this Devil Prince. Orlan knew what it was too. The Devil Prince turned to Orlan and smiled.

"You accept the terms of the contract you signed?" he asked.

"If you get her out of my lands, I do," Orlan said. The Devil Prince smiled and turned to Angelica. An instant later the Devil Prince was standing next to the Ascendant Mage. She reeled back as the Devil Prince leaned in to her ear. Orlan heard what he said as if they were spoken into his own ear.

"Too bad," the Devil Prince said. The Devil Prince disappeared again, this time appearing in the middle of the battlefield, facing Angelica. The Ascendant Mage lost concentration of the Gate spell she was going to cast and stared at the Devil Prince. Then, the Devils came.

The battlefield darkened as if the Sun was eclipsed, and it was. Thousands upon Thousands of Devils appeared from nowhere, blanketing out the sky in a dark, murky black. Orlan put up a shield around him and his generals, focusing all of his powers into it. Orlan was not sure that it would hold.

The Devils came down from the sky, ravaging anything and everything around them. Whatever it was, it became destroyed. A few Angels were able to fight back and kill a few Devils, yet wherever a Devil was killed, nine more took that one's place. The Devils were hungry for death, and heading right for Angelica. Angelica summoned what few Dominions she could around her and decided that she could no longer win this battle.

She used the last resort of Ascendant mages. She sprouted wings and began to fly off. Orlan watched her fly off, Devils in pursuit. Orlan would have continued watching her yet Devils erupted out of from the ground around him, flinging stones and gravel around, and some of that hit Orlan. The last thing the Necromancer remembered was his arms around Kraylin and a number of large stones falling on top of him. And then, silence.

"I think I found them," Orlan heard a gruff voice.

"You didn't find em, I did!" answered another voice.

"Will you two shut up…we all know I found him," said a third voice.

"The Old Man will get us if you three don't stop arguing and just get him out of there," came yet a third voice. Orlan saw a peak of light in his range of vision. Then, slowly, the peak became larger and larger until Orlan saw a face. An ugly, scaly face. The face of a Hydra.

"AHA! I found him!" the face cried out. Suddenly the face was knocked aside and replaced by a different face.

"No you didn't I did!" said the new face. Orlan knew this face. It was Griben, one of Jomo's Hydras.

"Griben…" Orlan said, coughing. "Shut the hell up and get the out of here!"

"Right away, Sir!" the Hydra replied. The light soon became larger and larger as the Hydra dug Orlan out from under the rubble. Orlan could feel Kraylin, who was leaning against him, stir slightly. Orlan then heard a familiar voice.

"Griben, move, let's do this quickly," Jomo's voice said. Orlan knew what was coming and again he recited the words from the Scroll of Protection from Fire. A red glow surrounded Orlan as Jomo cast a smaller version of Inferno on the rubble around him. The rock and dirt melted instantly, exposing Orlan and Kraylin to the world around them. Standing around them were about a hundred or so Hydras. Standing at the front of them was Jomo, a grin on his face. "You dead yet?"

"Not a chance," Orlan replied returning the grin. "I'm to young to die, you know." Jomo laughed. He turned up and yelled to the Archangels that were flying around up there. Moments later, Teraphin came floating down from the sky, riding a Flight spell.

"Yo, Scry Rat," Teraphin greated Orlan. "Good to see you're still ticking."

"You're not the only one," Orlan replied. Teraphin nodded to Kraylin.

"A pleasure as always," the Phantasm Mage said. Kraylin smiled at him.

"So what's the body count?" Orlan asked. Jomo and Teraphin looked at each other, and then back at Orlan.

"None," Jomo said shrugging.

"None?!" Orlan asked, astonished.

"Not a one, every person in your lands is accounted for," Teraphin answered. Orlan simply stared. The Devils took no people, simply came and left. Then Orlan realized why, and laughed out loud. Kraylin looked at him.

"You knew who that Devil Prince was, didn't you?" she asked him.

"I'm sure now who it was," Orlan said chuckling. From the sky dropped Rapier and the new Fallen Dominion, Oraen. Orlan looked at them both. "Well at least you two survived."

"All your generals did too, well…almost all of them," Rapier replied, sadness in her eyes as she remembered the sacrifice that Mins had committed. Orlan looked around and saw his generals sitting together. With them was Tzimfemme, actually clothed this time, tending to their wounds with the aid of Rydia. Orlan looked back at Jomo.

"What about the Whitie?" Orlan asked.

"Ah her," Jomo said. "Well apparently she was able to get away from your Devils, yet she encountered a problem when she got back home."

"What problem?" Orlan asked.

"Buzzrock," he said with a smile. "Buzz was there and BBQed her right up. Totte and Wise Man where on the front line. She was a nice land farm, seeing as how she was cleaned of troops and all that."

"Ah wonderful," Orlan said, laughing. The thought that she did not get by unpunished made him feel better. Orlan looked up at the Sun, burning high in the sky and sighed.

"Well what do we do now?" Kraylin asked him. Orlan looked back into Kraylin's eyes. Strange yet lovely green eyes.

"We rebuild…"

It's Done!!

[This message has been edited by Orlan (edited May 17, 2000).]