The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Legend of Chrystania

Guest Turi

Let me tell you of the Legend of Chrystania. I only know the beginning because the bard who told it to me passed away before he had time to give me the entire story. If any of you know the whole story or parts of it that I don't know then please fill in (which means: Please continue the story as you see fit)

CHAPTER 1

"Come see Vira, the queen of snakes. Ladies and gentlemen come see..."

"Fresh fish... Come get your fish here..."

"Weapons, weapons of finest steal. From the famous dwarven weapon smiths of Throal. Weapons here..."

People were filling the streets in the small city of Tomlock. Everyone pushing and squeezing their way through the croud trying to reach their destination. Rattle, chatting, noise from cattle and people spending their money on things they didn't really need. In the far corner of the market an old man sat down and people started gathering around the old man. With a dark hoarse voice the old man started talking:

Please sit down and I'll tell you all a story from long ago. It's an enchanted story and the legend says that whenever the story is told God listen closely. Rumors tell about strange things happening when this story is told. It's from the time of the prophets. When Darklings - Demon posessed warriors fought the heroes of light. When steal and magic combined into deadly force. The legends tells about one person who were to change it all. This is the legend of Chrystania.

Long ago, before the dawn of time, Chrystania was a peaceful country. People lived in harmony with eachother and with the nature. The king, Aram, ruled wisely over this enchanted world. Every sign of evil was pressed down instantly and everyone lived happy, well almost everyone. In the thick dark forest of Thorwood where noone dared to enter, dark spirits twisted around the thorny tree trunks. With a wheezing sound this dark spirits screamed out their pain, waiting for someone to release them from their prison.

A day like all others, a soft breeze from the north swirled through the little girls hair when she was building a sand castle with her not so amused older brother. Yes, it was a boring day like all other days. The seaport Kurast was really boring this time of year. sometimes a ship would stop for a while but today no ships were expected. In the horizon to the east the dark forest spread like a black rug on a beautiful marble floor.

The little girl was busy building the moat and the towers on her little sand castle. She didn't notice how her older brother suddenly turned away and start walking towards the east as if he was drawn by some sort of power. After a while the little girl looked up to see if her brother would praise her wonderful sand castle. Gone... Where was he. The little girl started to cry loud. "Mwaaahhhh, brother... where are you". Her crying attracted peoples attention from the townsquare not far away from the beach where the little girl sat. Someone started running towards the beach but stopped half way there.

Attention moved from the little girl towards the east from where a dark cloud appeared and the sunshine was replaced with lightning bolts from the dark cload that darkened the sun. Like statues the townspeople stood there, watching the evil taking its place in their peaceful world once more. They didn't even move when the rain started falling like small pieces of glass from the dark cloud. A wave of dark mist moved towards Kurast and when it reached the seaport it split into several small streams of black mist. Each stream moved towards a inhabitant of the town. As more and more people swallowed the mist the people started to move again.

The person who was about to come to the little girls rescue once again started moving towards the crying girl. The girl looked up to the face of what used to be her mother. The black eyes, evil look in her mothers face frightened the little girl. "Mom, what's wrong." The mother didn't reply, instead she took a tight grip around the little girls neck and banged her little head towards one of the nearby rocks. A last scream was heard from the little girl before her scull cracked against the hard rock. Without any regrets or sign of sorrow in the mothers facial expression, the mother throw the lifeless little girl on the ground and joined the other Evil people in the townsquare.

In the castle one of the prophets approached the king. "Evil escaped its prison, I have felt it. You must prepare an army before it's to late. The old scripture has forseen this. We must not let evil take control. The prophet of Balzar talks about a mighty hero who will be able to recapture and enprison the evil spirits. We must hurry and find this hero or we will surely die."

Aram, the king listened carefully to what the prophet had to say. "I've always feared this moment would come. I only hoped it wouldn't come in my lifetime. I'll put you in charge of finding this hero while I gather an army to fight against the forces of evil." Aram nodded towards the prophet who stood up and walked out from the throneroom.

The capital Lut Golein glimmered in the sun set and the castle towers cast its shadows on the houses closest to the castle. Not knowing what had happened in Kurast and without knowing the conversation that just took place inside the castle, the people went on with their lives as they would any other day. It was a calm and peaceful night in Lut Golein.

Early next morning the prophet went out in search for the hero who would save them all. Led by his feelings the prophet walked into a bar called the golden goose. In a corner a couple sat and ate breakfast, by another table two men laughed at something while being served breakfast by a beautiful young girl. The prophet looked around, removed his hat and straightened his mustasch. With heavy steps he walked up to the bartender and asked: "I'm looking for a great warrior who is supposed to be here. Have you seen him?" The bartender looked up, put the glas down that he was cleaning and grinned. "Ha ha. A great warrior, at this time. You must be crazy. Come back tonight. Then there will be lots of great warriors in here." Content with the bartenders answer the prophet left the bar.

Ding, Dong, Ding, Dong. It was almost noon when the bells signaled for the townspeople to gather on the field inront of the castle. After a while the most people had gathered at the field. The king stood on the drawbridge. With a loud voice followed by servants repeating the words for the people standing further back in the croud, the king spoke: "Scouts can confirm that the evil spirits, enprisoned in Thorwood, escaped their captivity yesterday. We still have some time to prepare before the battle so it is requested that every man, able to hold a sword sign up for battle training starting tomorrow. We're forming an army and everyone is needed. Any man without a reasonable excuse who doesn't show up on this field for training tomorrow will be killed. Tonight you may do whatever you want but tomorrow at noon training starts in this field."

Evening came and the rooftops shined like gold in the sunset. The prophet once again entered the Golden Goose. This time the bar was full of people, drinking, trying to forget what lay ahead of them. The prophet leaned himself to the wall for a moment, observed the croud of people drinking in the bar. The pretty waitress was still there, trying her best to serve people but it was obvious she had a hard time with all the people pushing her around and with some people even trying to grab her and steal a kiss. Suddenly a huge man, with battlescars over his arms and a giant sword by his side stood up. "Beer! NOW!" the man shouted as he banged his fist to the bar table. The man got his beer and drank it all up at once. Then he reached out and grabbed the waitress by her arm. "Ahh... what have we here. My date for tonight I presume". The girl tried to resist but couldn't get loose from the warriors tight grip.

The bar got quiet, all attention was focused on the huge warrior who were forcing himself onto the helpless girl. Schiing... The sound of a sword being drawn. From the back of the bar a man stood up with his sword drawn. "I can't accept this. Leave that girl alone". The huge warrior looked up, grinned to the many sizes smaller man with a drawn sword. "Ha ha... Do you think you can beat me you puny little thing." Then with a quick move the huge man let the waitress go and swinged his arm up to his opponent. Without giving the man with the sword a chance to react he had already given a deadly blow to his opponent, crushing the poor mans ribs.

Everyone in the bar stood silent, just watching this giant warrior who stood there. The prophet looked amazed at this skilled warrior. That must be him, he thought. Slowly the prophet walked towards the warrior. "You must be the chosen one who will save us all from the evil. I invite you to stay at the castle where you'll find anything you need. You're our hope." The prophet kneeled infront of the warrior. "What is your name warrior?" The warrior looked a little surprised at the prophet but answered: "I'm Raiden, I'm a warrior of the old Ishini clan"

CHAPTER 2

For years I prayed, now I am released. Paradise is lost I hold the the future in my hand. For heaven denied me, refused for all times but I am not guilty at all. Blacklands and wastelands will be my kingdom. The darkness will cover my mind and oblivion shall reign through the night. I will crush the light. Still we are one, you and I. Lord of darkness, I'll do what you want me to do. With your power I'll prevail. They will suffer in eternal flames. I, Lucius will crush Aram and whatever good he stands for.

Many people, all with expressionless faces and with an evil aura around them, stood infront of Lucius. More people were joining the crowd all the time. From all directions they came, powerful warriors, twisted minds with the single purpose to obey every command given by Lucius, their general of darkness. "We have a war to fight. We are going to train for the final battle. Kill anyone who comes in your way and let the demons guide you. Let the demonds lend you their strength and may they teach you the art of killing. Go and kill, return as warriors. Rape the women and cut their children up. Turn all men to serve evil and kill those who can't be turned.