The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Hehe Application

Guest amcstarry

Guest amcstarry

Ok, I posted this last night, I decided it would work as my applications poem since its my most recent, but if needed I can give you more

.Lost.

Your eyes shut tightly

To never open again

You float above what you once where

Waiting for your loved ones to return

To find you

To watch there faces lit with horror

As they see your mutilated form

Laying on the blue tiled floor

Blue no longer

Now stained red

Red from the blood that was lost from your body

You begin to see the scene

Less clearly

As you vanish into the unknown

When you reapear you find yourself in a place like no other

You look down

and you see the flames reaching up

Trying to grab you to pull you to them

Your gaze slowly wanders to what was above

You see a large castle-like mansion at the top

A white mist surrounding it all

Then two figures appear the same why you had

One was of pure beauty, goodness, and love

The other of the damned, hatred, and sadness

The two both very human like

But then again not

They begin to speak to you in unison

There words unfamiliar and new to your ears

Then there words become a lanague that you understand

And you hear what the request of you

You must make a descion

You must count your sins

Do you belong in the land of peace and love for your after life?

Or in the land of eternal suffering?

You begin counting,

Upset with the results

You look to the one of pure light

as you hold up six fingers to represent your six sins

The godly figure slowly shakes his head

Rejecting you from his lovley land

Your feet slowly turn you

Taking one step at a time

Closer to your new ruler

Your new king

Your new president

His eyes up pure red

Burn as your legs bring you closer to him

You feel strangly

Like a fire has been lit inside of you

It was the embers of hell

Making there mark

For your have decided

You have chosen your end

.and theres no turning back.

Grinning to himself while carefully looking over amcstarry's Pen application, Wyvern decides that he'd like to hear some comments on the poem from the 8 Pen Elder Dwarves... It was always amusing to watch the dwarves at work, after all, especially when you were in as unsober a state of mind as Wyvern was... Taking out a shiny whistle labeled "Traditional Dwarven Beer Keg Flute", the overgrown lizard blows on the instrument and 7 of the Pen Elder Dwarves immediatly rush into the office doors as fast as their legs can carry them. Passing by Wyvern's desk in a single file line, each Elder Dwarf is served a portion of booze from the Endless Decanter before getting to amcstarry's application poem... Silly even takes out a pineapple and fixes himself a pina colada...

"Say..." mutters Wyvern, suddenly noticing that only 7 of the Pen Elder Dwarves are present "Why is it that there are only 7 of you guys here tpday...?"

In response to Wyv's question, Courteousy turns to the overgrown lizard and politely says:

"Please excuse our companion's absence, Mr. Wyvern... Sleazy has been involved in a rigorous personality developement program recently, as it got to the point where the poor Pen dwarf couldn't stand his own sleaziness... The program should end some time today, so I'm expecting his arrival soon... when we see him, though, I'm certain it will no longer be as Sleazy!"

"No longer be as Sleazy...?" mutters Wyvern half soberly, taking another long sip of booze from his Decanter "Waddaya mean, Courteousy?"

"Well..." continues Courteousy, pausing for a brief moment to give amcstarry an encouraging thumbs up sign "... the personality program completely changes the attitudes and demeanor of the Elder Dwarf that decides to undertake it. Thus Sleazy should be born anew, complete with new name and new primary character traits... I hope the program was effective... we all wish only the best for him..."

"Hmmmm..." murmers Wyvern, somewhat confused by Courteousy's technical jargon of personality programs in his unsober state... As if to clear all confusion, there is suddenly a knock on the office door at that very instant, signifying the return of the newly reformed Sleazy to the Pen. All of the dwarves jump to their feet and rush to the door at once, eager to see what has become of their companion...

"Dear GODS!" cries Grouchy upon viewing the figure at the door "It's impossible... how could you have possibly become uglier Sleazy??!!! Didn't you want to reverse the effects of your sleaziness...?"

Grouchy then realizes that the figure at the door of the office is not in fact Sleazy, but rather Melba who had just returned from her coffee break. Thoroughly embarassed, the blushing Pen dwarf grumbles an apology before scurrying off to a corner of the office in order to avoid Melba's wrath....

Entering the office, Melba the Almost Secretary of Initiates sets the day's mail on her desk, and notices that there's a letter from somebody by the name of "Idly the Pen Elder Dwarf" on the top of the pile. Curiously opening the envelope, Melba notices the anxious faces of the surrounding dwarves and decides to read the letter out loud:

"My dear fellow dwarves,

The personality development program worked...

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go idle...

Sincerely,

Idly the Pen Elder Dwarf"

The 7 Pen Elder Dwarves and Wyvern procede to snatch the letter from Melba's hands, taking her oratory for a joke at first but then blankly staring at the sheet of paper... After a long moment of silence, Wyvern finally speaks up:

"Well... I guess we'll have to wait for Idly's opinion on amcstarry's application before it can be accepted..."

Having said this, the overgrown lizard turns to amcstarry and continues:

"... and I would say judging by this letter, it might take us around 2 years or so to get it... hope you don't mind the wai-"

Fortunatly, before Wyvern can finish, the inconsiderate Elder is hit over the head by Silly weilding an anti-wyvern mallet, and goes unconscious. The Pen dwarf then takes a quick sip of his pina colada and stamps amcstarry's application "ACCEPTED".

OOC: On a more serious note... An ACCEPTED application poem, amcstarry, welcome to the Mighty Pen! Be sure to either post your e-mail here or e-mail me at elitwack90@hotmail.com so that I can get you the password info and such...

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"If it doesn't make dollars then it doesn't make sense" - Triple Seis, "Glamour Life"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.