The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Fine Then

Guest Mira

Here is my "Official Application Poem". I couldn't get spell checker to work so please excuse any spelling errors.

Last night I lay stareing at my hands

And wondered had they'ed been another mans

Would they be used to rip and rend

Or could they be used to heal and mend

Would they help to guide our race

Or would they craddle a crying man's face

Would they spread the peace of heaven

Or the chaos of hell

And I prayed that maybe they would spread hope

Throught all the peoples, of all the lands

All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.Edited by: Mira  at: 6/19/02 11:57:48 pm

Mira sighs as he swivels back and forth in his applicant easy chair, eagerly awaiting the Elder of Initiate's verdict on his poem and growing increasingly impatient. It had been several hours since the overgrown lizard had snatched his application and ran off with it, and the applicant had yet to hear what the reptilian Elder thought of it... As Mira grumbles and leans back in his chair, the obese Almost Secretary of Initiates, Melba, passes by his table and pours him another cup of steaming hot coffee. Leaning down to Mira's right ear as she pours the boiling contents of the coffee kettle into a quaint brown mug, Melba whispers:

"You'd best have your wits about you when that wretched lizard Wyvern walks back into these doors... He was giggling evilly while reading over your application poem, and that usually means trouble..."

With that, Melba frowns angrily at the thought of Wyvern's mischief and clenches one of her fists, picking the coffee kettle back up and returning to her desk. At that very moment, as if on cue, Wyvern comes barging through the double entrance doors of the office waving Mira's application in one hand and what appears to be several poorly tailored costumes in the other.

Wyvern grins just as Melba growls and Mira let's out a nervous *gulp*. Clearing his throat, the overgrown lizard holds Mira's application poem high in the air and exclaims:

"Mira, your poem is very well written... and in a manner that has inspired a brilliant scheme! Why hadn't I seen it before?! It's all so simple! Trading identities! It's easy: you switch places with Nyyark who switches places with Stick who trades identities with Zool who disguises himself as Jechum who makes an appearance as Arawn who takes the spot of Tralla who poses as Melba who switches roles with me while I take Loremaster Ozymandias' position... And we'll all make geld in the confusion! I'll be rich!!! Muahahahaha!"

Melba is about to jump out of her desk seat to end Wyvern's delusions of grandeur by means of her mallet when suddenly, Ancient Jechum charges into the room with a baseball bat and cracks the overgrown lizard over the head with it. Melba and Jechum grin and shake hands as they hand Mira's application back, the word "ACCEPTED" stamped on the front...

;p

OOC: I enjoy reading your poetry, Mira, and this is an ACCEPTED application. Welcome to the Mighty Pen! Technicaly, you're supposed to post your contact e-mail address along with your application, but I found it in your profile so I'll be sure to send you the password stuff immediatly. Once again, welcome!

[image]http://members.shaw.ca/kea/am/wyvy.jpg[/image]

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 6/20/02 1:48:38 am