The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

An Application

Guest Adelaide Erindale

Guest Adelaide Erindale

OOC: I was told that this is acceptable for an application. I hope you enjoy the description of myself.

Adelaide Erindale

Adelaide is from a small town called Clearwater… as you might guess, it is a coastal village, and thus she is very in touch with water. Clearwater is a very isolated town that shuns any type of magic or fighting, and in fact will let no outsiders in, unless spoken for by an elder in the town, which is a rarity. It’s almost like a small isolated kingdom, and very few people have ever heard of it.

She is of average height, dark brown hair and matching eyes, and a kind but self-conscious face. She has 2 scars on her right arm, and one on her left that are visible, and currently is wearing a floor length midnight-blue dress (her best outfit, as she is applying for something) and wears a sort of half-frown that makes you think she is unsure of herself. The only jewelry she wears is a silver chain around her neck, bearing a crescent moon, a ring on her right hand with the same insignia, and matching ear rings.

Adelaide ran away from the village when she was only 12, which was four years ago, because of something she has not revealed to anyone. She is introverted, and tries to keep her feelings to herself, though she is as nice a person as you could ever hope to meet. She has been miraculously unharmed on her trip from Clearwater to her present location, perhaps because of her stealth and speed.

Thus, Adelaide knows very little of her true talents. She is swift, can run like the wind, and seems to have a knack for knowing what’s going to happen before it does. Though she is a girl of only 16, she is obviously wise beyond her years, and when she was still in her home village, the other children would turn to her for advice from the adults, and vice versa. She was a mediator even at a young age, helping to clear up childhood quarrels with her peers.

Her most notable talent, which she does know she possesses, is her voice. It was the pride of her village even as a young girl… at home, it was said that her voice could charm the birds from the trees, and if anything her musical talent has improved.

Secretly, Adelaide is searching for someone to confide in. She doesn’t want just anyone, though, and the person she decides to confide in will have to earn her trust. Whatever it was that caused her to leave her hometown haunts her still, and she sometimes has nightmares to this day, and constantly wakes, screaming and in a cold sweat.

Guest Balladore

Well done, Adelaide! I'm glad you decided to join after all!

Like I said, there's a fairly long wait from our Elder of Initiates, here... Clears his throat loudly

Oh well... good luck!

Justin was walking by, to the Cabaret room to grab an ale, when a striking blue caught his eye. Doing a triple take, the would-be warrior found a beautiful young lady applying to the Pen.

Taking a moment to fix his black hair, Justin walked in and introduced himself. "Welcome to the Pen, m'lady. I hope the Elder's don't keep you waiting too long."

~It's always good to see new faces around here, Adelaide. Good luck on your application!~

Adelaide checks herself in the mirror a final time, making sure that she looks very presentable for her meeting with the infamous Elder of Initiates... Sighing to herself, she walks down the hall and reluctantly pushes the door to the Recruiter's Office open, hiding her half-frown of uncertainty as best she can in order to avoid giving the impression that she was uninterested in joining. No sooner has Adelaide stepped one foot into the office, however, then her nose crinkles in disgust and her eyes widen in distaste. The office was a complete pigsty, with jumbled application papers, candy wrappers, and smut magasines strewn all over the dusty floor. At the far end of the room is an extremly cluttered desk, at which Wyvern (the Elder of Initiates) sits. The overgrown lizard has his two scaly feet firmly planted on his desktop, and is laying back lazily in his swively desk chair. He currently seems to be immersed in reading a book entitled 1001 More Ways to Make Geld, and doesn't even notice Adelaine as she cautiously enters. The overgrown lizard pulls out his Decanter of Endless Booze and takes a long swig, unaware that Adelaine is slowly advancing towards his desk... The applicant decides to get the Elder of Initiate's attention and politely clears her throat, but at the same time Wyvern lets out an enormous belch and a jet of flame accidentaly soars from his mouth. Instinctively, Adelaine swiftly dodges the flame by side-stepping, her agile reflexes prevailing once again...

Wyvern suddenly takes notice of the applicant and tosses the book he's reading into the seemingly endless sea of garbage that comprises his office floor. His wings spread out a bit and his reptilian tail sways back and forth a bit as he mutters something apologeticaly.

Adelaine hesitantly walks up to the desk and hands Elder Wyvern the application she had written up. She is shocked when the overgrown lizard rudely snatches it from her hand while taking another long swig from the Endless Decanter...

"Hmmmm..." murmers Wyvern eyeing the application sinisterly "I see no sign of any bribe-"

But before the lizard can finish, Melba rushes into the room weilding the 'Anti-Wyvern Mallet' and wacks Wyv over the head with it, afterwards patting Adelaide on the back and exitting the office. Wyvern grumbles and collapses on his desktop, stamping the application 'ACCEPTED'.

OOC: A very good application Adelaide, certainly ACCEPTED! Welcome to the Pen, I look forward to seeing more stuff written by your very interesting character. Please either post your e-mail here or send me a mail at elitwack90@hotmail.com so I can send you the password and stuff.

[image]http://members.shaw.ca/kea/am/wyvy.jpg[/image]

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 4/6/02 6:02:22 pm

Guest Adelaide Erindale

Adelaide blushes furiously at having been accepted

Oh my!! Thank you all!

Adelaide Quickly runs outside the office and sings a song joyously, and quickly runs back in

I almost forgot, you can contact me at adelaide_e@hotmail.com!

Adelaide runs out one last time, and on to her new room at the pen to get out of her excessively overheated dress

(And Hello, Justin, Balladore! Thank you for your kind thoughts )

Edited by: Adelaide Erindale at: 4/8/02 1:24:42 pm

Guest Minta Rose

Melba with the mallet?

Hum. . .

Has anyone ever seen Melba and Jechum around at the same time?

--Tzimfemme, the naked

Spreading misinformation with a leer