The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

An Artistic Application...

Seth Exodus

Viewer

(1/23/02 5:46:18 pm)

Reply An Artistic Application...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The doors of the office swing open wide, and a black silouet darkens the door way. A moments pause then in steps a conservativly, yet formally dressed man; his long black cape billowing out as he walks forward. In his left hand he carries a hard, black briefcase; and in his right, a black shafted cane with a glistening silver handle. He doesn't limp; it's only a show piece.

He approaches the great desk, and gives a respectful, low, sweeping bow. " M'Lord Wyvern, I am Seth Exodus. A humble artist and aspiring writer. I should very much like to add my name to The Pen."

He places the briefcase on the end of the desk, and opens it. From it he takes a sheet of papyrus. " For my application peice, however, I should like to brake the bonds of tradition." Here he slides the sheet of papyrus across the table, in front of Lord Wyvern.

"I present for you, my art work." he announces proudly. "If the pen is mightier than the sword, then, too, is the pen-cil!"

On the sheet, if one were to look, they would see a cartoon. The character is a comical one, but the name on top is a familiare one. "A characture of my dear friend, and your very own Foe Calibur."

To view the picture simply click on this link:

crystaltides.homestead.co...oecart.jpg

If you should like more for an application, or this link doesn't work, simply tell me, I will rectify the problem post haste; and I should like to do more while I'm here.

Yours truly,

Seth Exodus

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW POST

Archive Note The original post was made by someone who was not registered. As a result the parser messed up when converting. Their post appears above, followed by the next available post here:

Justin Silverblade

Initiate

(1/23/02 8:12:54 pm)

Reply Re: An Artistic Application...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passing by the Recruiter's Office was an armored adventurer. Walking past he heard the name, Seth Exodus, introduced.

"That sounds familar..."

And so, Silverblade entered the office a bold warrior. Taking great care and pride with every step, he nodded to Wyvren before turning to the new face. "Seth Exodus? The name sounds familar, but I can't quite place it. My name's Justin. Justin 'Silverblade' Thomas. Pleased to meet-"

At a glance around the room, Silverblade's eye caught the picture, and stuck to it like glue. Slowly, his 'bold' chest deflated as his air transferred to a bellowous laughter. He gave Seth a hardy slap on the back shortly before almost keelling over with laughter.

"Thats..." - laughter - "great..." - laughter - "work..."

He turned to the door and shouted into the tavern.

"FOE! You gotta see this!"

Silverblade looked at the picture again and actively had to resist the urge to tug at Seth's shoulders like a kid and ask 'oh! oh! draw me!'

[OOC - Good to see you here Seth. I hope these guys let you in real soon. Feel free to browse around the other works, comment, and post your own stuff. It's great fun. Oh! Do you have an ezboard account? It says you're a 'veiwer'. Anyways, good to see you online again. - Tek]

As Bhurin made his way across the halls of the Pen's keep, he softly talked to himself, allowing a poem to form in his head.

Suddenly, as if waking from a deep dream, the winged man raised his head, his ears perked from some distant sound.

A voice...

A familiar voice...

Suddenly Bhurin made off, running through the halls till he was outside, where he spread his wings and took flight. After only moments of travel, the winged giant reached the application hall, close to Wyvern's quarters and a still familiar sight for the initiate.

Bursting through the doors, Bhurin's eyes scanned the room. Across the way he saw two men, Justin and... Another...

"Who..."

Suddenly, Bhurin's eyes widened, and when he next spoke his voice was filled with mirth and surprise.

"Seth Exodus! You old Artisan you! I haven't seen you for ages..."

Before Seth could answer, Bhurin held up his hands and said, "Wait just one second! I'll be right back!"

Bhurin rushed out of the room, leaving the two men perplexed at his behavior. When he returned, he rushed across the room to shake his old friend's hand and pat him on the back.

"It's good to see you!" Bhurin said, looking his friend up and down, "Are you well?"

"As well as to be expected," Seth said, looking to Bhurin with satisfied joy. "A quick question though: why did you rush out just then?"

Bhurin, eyes becoming wider with confusion, quickly snapped his fingers and said, "Oh, I went to fetch this..."

Bhurin quickly held up a plate of steel, formed into a plain mask, that came to a point and was adorned with only one dark, visor-like eyehole. "My old face plate! The one you used to draw me in. As you can see I have little use of it anymore, but I always perferred your pictures of me with me wearing it. More dramatic I suppose..."

Bhurin then turned dramatically, and said, "Where's Wyvern? Let him know that here stands an artist deserving to join..."

Bhurin paused a moment, seeming to remember someting.

"Wait a second..." he said, turning back to Seth, "Do you still have those old Bhurin cartoons?"

Seth nodded, a smile on his face, "Yeah."

"The one where I got fried by the electrical pole?"

"Yup."

"The one with me moalting?"

"Uh huh."

"The one with..."

"Yes sir, my friend."

Bhurin paused again, looking at his friend with sudden quiet and seemingly frightened contemplation. "Oh, well... That's... Good... Yeah... Well, it's nice to see you... Just remember that the Pen is quite prestigious, and not EVERYONE gets in... some people don't even bother trying, and..."

Slowly Bhurin stopped speaking, and waited to see what Wyvern would say.

(OOC: Seth, it's good to see you! I haven't seen you on the Internet for months! Good luck, my dear friend! )

Guest Foe Calibur

"Wha... ?" Foe lifted his head from the papers in front of him to stare blankly in the direction of the loud voices.

"FOE! You gotta see this!" Justin's excited voice rang through the halls as Foe stood, sorting his papers into a small case pulled from it's resting place across the table.

Carying his parchment case under one arm Foe walked about the room, eventually allowing himself to look around the corner to see his massive winged friend, and the boistrous young initiate, Justin, huddled about a cloaked figure and a single piece of paper on the table.

Foe often liked visiting the Initiate's hall, it was often quiet here, and when it wasn't there was always much fun to be had in it's wake.

Walking over to the excited group Foe spoke, "Uh, hello? I don't believe we've..." the young man turned, with cane in hand, a smile stretching across his face, "Seth!" Foe ran the lat few steps and wrapped his arms about his old friend, "It's been ages!"

Recovering from Foe's overzealous greeting Seth stood away from him, hands on Foe's shoulders, "You haven't changed a bit..." Seth winked and pointed to the paper laying placidly on the table, "You remember this?"

Foe took a step towards the table and gazed at it's patron, "Hah! Your old drawing of me! Oh, those were the days... you'll have to pull out the others some time." The smile on Foe's face was enormous as he offered his old friend a seat.

"Can I get you a drink? You must be famished, it's quite teh trek from the coasts of Terra."

As Seth Exodus and his various friends chat joyously amongst themselves, Elder Wyvern rubs his hands together in anticipation. It was only a short matter of time now before the judges came to analyze his abode...

A few weeks earlier, Wyvern had entered into a competition for the 'sloppiest, most unarranged home imaginable'. The winner of the contest would recieve a large geld prize while the runners up only got samples of 'winter fresh house cleaning detergent'. The overgrown lizard thought he had a very good chance of winning... he had sent Melba on a vacation, so noone had been cleaning the papers from his office in the last week. The room was currently a jumbled mess of bills, I.O.Us, and unfinished applications... Even a homeless goblin would have been revolted by it's current state...

Wyvern jumps out of his chair excitedly as there is a knock on his office door. Seth Exodus and his Pen buddies eye the overgrown lizard curiously as he rushes to the door and opens it as rudely as possible... Standing at the entrance are two judges, who's eyes quickly widen when they notice the chaotic ocean of papers and semi-finished meals that lay cluttered around Wyv's office. Wyv grins as the judges stride into his room and begin taking note of all the unfashionable things present...

"Hmmmm... floods of paper, practicaly unwalkable, stinks of booze... looks like we may have a winner!"

Wyvern grins.

"Hey... wait a minute..." mutters the second judge, eyeing a piece of paper in a suitecase on Wyvern's desk "Take a look at this... a perfectly fashionable piece of artwork..."

Wyvern's grin fades to a frown.

The second judge comes to take a look at the piece of art (Seth Exodus' application) and nods in agreement.

"Yes, an excellent picture. We're sorry Mr. Wyvern, but you're room comes just short of complete messiness due to this beautifull picture. Better luck next time..."

With that the judges take the picture, still examining it, and hand Wyvern two free samples of 'winter fresh house cleaning detergent'. They then exit the room, heading towards the abode of the contest winner: Lumpenproletariat.

"Hey!" exclaims an outraged Seth Exodus "They just went and took my artwork application!"

"That's alright..." mumbles a disappointed Wyvern "Here, I'll make it up to you..."

With that, the overgrown lizard hands Seth an application sheet that has been stamped 'ACCEPTED', spraying it with 'winter fresh detergent' as he does so.

OOC: You're ACCEPTED Seth Exodus, welcome to the Pen. I admire the originality of your artwork application, and like the Foe picture. I'm also glad you RPed your application rather then just posting a link to the picture... it shows your eagerness to join. Welcome! I hope to see more artwork/writing from you in the future... Two things:

-Please create a local EZboard account for the site. There is a link to this in our 'List of Usefull Links'.

-Please post an e-mail address I can use to contact you here or alternatly e-mail me at elitwack90@hotmail.com, so that I can send you passwords and stuff.

[image]http://www.legion-whiterose.com/signatures/aoa/wyv.gif[/image]

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Guest Seth Exodus 100

Upon hearing approaching footsteps Seth stands to greet the visitor. His eyes fall on the warrior as he strides forward, a greeting on his face. Seth gives a bow to this new face, and then offers his hand; which is taken and shook heartily; causing Seth’s silver rimmed spectacles to slip down his nose. “Justin Silverblade? Hum, that too sounds familiar,” he says as he gingerly puts his spectacles back into their resting position. “I look forward to getting to know you better in times to co…”

Seth is cut short as he notices Justin’s gaze fall on the parchment. No sooner can he say anything, than he is almost knocked to the floor with Justin’s mighty slap to the back. Pushing his glasses back into place, as they had fallen back down, and leaning a little harder on his cane, a smile creases Seth’s face. “I’m glad that you enjoy my work so much. I hope I can equally please the others here very soon.”

The thundering boom of the door flying open causes Seth’s head to jerk in its direction. A baffled look forms on his face, but the strange figure in the doorway is gone almost as soon as it had come. Turning to Justin Seth says in a hushed voice, “the wings are familiar, but I can’t place the face.”

No sooner had he spoken this than the figure was back by his side, shaking his hand, and patting his back. A flash of memories flood back to Seth’s mind, and this figures identity is known to him. “Bhurin! My dear friend, Bhurin. It’s been far too long. I didn’t recognize you without that,” Seth says pointing to the mask held in his friend’s hand. I’ve missed you terribly, we must have a drink and catch up.”

Seth, however, notices a look of dismay on Bhurin’s face. “Don’t worry,” he said, putting a sympathetic hand on his shoulder. “I’ll go a little easier on the Bhurin cartoons here… maybe,” he says with a grin.

An unsure greeting from behind causes Seth to turn and face the doors, yet again, only to be swept up in the arms of a young elf. “Foe! My pointy-eared-pal, how are you? You haven’t changed a bit. But, that’s good; I’d have to redraw you if you had,” he says with a wink. “A drink? I’d love one; we all must have one. How’s the tea here?” a smirk on his face.

Seth takes a step forward from his assembled group of friends, to stand alone before Lord Wyvren; though, still bemoaning the loss of his picture. “M’Lord, you honor me greatly; and I shall do all in my power to uphold the reputation of The Pen,” Seth says with a low sweeping bow. “Though, I have but a few things to cover. Firstly, I’m not exactly where my work would fit in; so, if you have no better idea, I shall post it in the cabaret room. And secondly,” a hopeful grin on his face, “I should very much like to make you, Lord Wyvren, the victim, I mean subject for my next characture. I shall await your confermation.”

Yours truly,

Seth Exodus

Initiate of The Pen

Guest Lord Seth Exodus

Lord Wyvren, I'm not exactly sure what I did, but I must have created another account on ezboard. So, here is the one I shall be using. Sorry for the inconvinience.

-Seth Exodus