The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

"I request acceptance..."

Justin entered the tavern.

Fully armored in a well kept plate-mail, he moved across the tavern floor with slow footsteps. He made eye-contact with whatever beings searched for his. The the soft metal cry of his gauntlet gave his hand away when he reached for the door to the recruitment office.

Justin didn't care.

Entering the desired location, he removed his helmet. Revealed, was straight, greasy, dirty-blonde hair, and a dirt travelled face. Blue eyes met the empty room, and then the parchment tacked to the wall. He placed the helmet by his side, opposite his sheathed short sword and read it carefully:

'To those new to the Pen, or thinking of Applying'

He retracted his gaze. Aware that he saw no one in the room, and that the door was open, he spoke to the empty desk: "I request acceptance into the Pen is Mightier than the Sword. My name is Justin 'Silverblade' Thomas."

And then, standing tall and patient, Justin waited.

Guest Minta Rose

Rydia meandered down the corridor just outside the office, then, spying some movement inside, leaned over the turnstile and idly spun it with her left hand as she spoke.

"Good morning!" she chirped. "Have you seen a sheep wander past, coated in tar and feathers?"

Justin was at a loss for words, shaking his head 'no' after a few seconds.

She tapped a small whip against her light green boots and pursed her lips for a moment, thinking. "Where would *I* go if I were a sticky sheep?" she mused aloud, playing with one of her dangling pearl earrings. "I don't think anyone opened up the portal to that silly place, what was it called? Camelot? recently. . .I haven't seen the Demigod of Madness OR the Demigod of Insanity, and the Demigod of Lunacy's killer necktie isn't made of wool. . .sticky wool. . .sticky fingers. . .Wyvern!"

Darting her eyes around the room, and finding no Elder of Initiates, she hastened down the corridor to track down the almost-dragon.

"Good morning indeed..." Justin mumbled to himself. He walked to the door, and staying within the room peeked his head out to see where the sheep in tar and feathers was.

When he realized what he was thinking, he shook his head and returned his gaze and thoughts to the room. Tired of holding his helmet like a fool in an empty room, he placed it in the vacant seat. He no intention of sitting for now.

The Pen housed interesting kin, it seemed. A different lady, to be sure. What did she say her name was?

A smile came to Justin's lips when he realized: She didn't.

The plan was perfect... The sheep that Wyvern now carried in his hands, which was covered in tar and feathers and had a little tag hanging off the side reading 'Property of Rydia: do not touch unless you are shiny' was a regular gold mine just waiting to be dug...

The plan was as follows: Wyvern would release the sheep into the annual 'Millionaire Petting Zoo' convention, where all of the rich, pompous people come to pet the various animals. When the millionaires would pet the tar covered sheep, they would unknowingly lose the valuables attached to their hands and wrists... rings, watches, bracelets, you name it! By the end of the convention, the sheep would be covered in valuables... and Wyvern would be rich at last! The overgrown lizard lets out a maniacal laugh at the thought...

"Now if I could just get the sheep unstuck from me..." mutters Wyv glumly, trying to push the sticky sheep off his arms with his head. Alas... to no avail... This foolish action only results in Wyvern's head getting stuck to the sheep as well, and Wyv cries in vain as he struggles to remove it. He then begins running down the hall in an attempt to get rid of the sheep, bumping into walls due to his lack of vision in the process. He accidentaly crashes into Jechum, who also becomes stuck to the sheep. Wyvern and Jechum somehow miraculously manage to arrive at the door of the recruitment office, and the overgrown lizard/loremaster both quickly stride in. Justin Silverblade's mouth drops open as he notices what appears to be a grown man and a large lizard fondeling a sheep entering the room...

Wyvern and Jechum suddenly stop in their awkward position and remain incredibly still as they hear the voice of Rydia calling for her sheep coming closer and closer to the office. Wyvern quickly turns his head to Justin and signals to the applicant to come and help remove the sticky sheep. Shrugging and seeing an opportunity to aid the Elder of Initiates, Justin walks up to the sheep and stretches out a hand to try to remove it. As he does so, the sheep leans it's head forward and manages to snatch Justin's application from his pocket with it's teeth. The applicant cries out as the sheep begins munching on his beautifull writing...

Hearing the voice of it's master coming from down the hall, the sheep suddenly perks up it's head and 'baa's. Before Wyvern, Jechum, and Justin (who's hand was now also stuck to the sheep) can even begin to struggle, the sheep jumps for joy high in the air and somehow manages to rid itself of its tar in the process. The ultimate result is Wyvern, Jechum and Justin all becoming covered in tar and stuck to the ceiling of the office...

As the sheep joyfully makes it's way out of the office, Wyvern wips out a stamp from his position on the ceiling and stamps 'ACCEPTED' on Justin's left palm...

OOC: An accepted application Justin. Looking forward to seeing you participate with the rest of us Pensters. Welcome.

[image]http://www.legion-whiterose.com/signatures/aoa/wyv.gif[/image]

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 1/6/02 5:05:05 am

"Whoo hoo!" Justin shouted, though stuck to the roof. "I'm part of the- Oh my..." His words were interuppted by the soft clatter of coins from his upsdie down gold pouch. "No! My gold!"

He watched from the roof as his pouch unravelled and all of his coins (not amounting to a lot, btw) fell to a neat little golden pile on the floor.

Securely tarred(?) to the roof he could only moan. "Wyvern was it? I'm happy to be a part of the Pen, but, uh... is this an everyday occurance?"

OOC: Thanks Wyvern. I look forward to writing a lot with you ladies and gents.

"Hahahaha!"

An eerie laugh echoed through Wyvern's office, without any visible source. It was deep and loud, sounding strangely familiar but neither Wyvern nor Jechum could quite remember where they had heard it before or to whom that errant laugh belong to.

Then the Dreamer unfaded into existence right in the middle of the office.

"Heheh heeh hee!"

The scarred man, clothed only in old and torn robes, doubled over, laughing. He continued and continued, making those stuck to the roof get more and more irritated. Wyvern and Jechum, knowing the Dreamer slightly better than the newcomer Justin just endured it, trying to wriggle free, but Justin called out:

"Hey you down there! Could you please stop that and give us a hand!?"

The Dreamer stood up, still chuckling, and waved his hand, making the tar disintegrate around the three stuck persons, who promptly fell on the floor.

Guest Minta Rose

Rydia wandered back into the room. looking puzzled but unsurprised at the splatters of tar all over the room (though Melba would be less pleased when she returned). "I'm sure I heard poor Dustbunny bleating somewhere in--SHINIES!" Immediately she fell to her knees and cupped her hands around the coins, beaming and giggling.

Wyvern, briefly stunned by the fall, stirred and noted what was important: A) gold coins within claw's reach and B) someone else grabbing them. He dragged himself over by his front claws, legs trailing behind him, tarred together and useless, and collided with Rydia. They shared a brief headache upon impact, then recoiled and fell, unconscious.

Dustbunny ruminated on Justin's application as it ambled out of the office, feathers, bits of shredded paper, and 2 gold coins stuck to its fleece, with distant dreams of Terra and the Conservatory filling its tiny mind.

Dazed, and wounded, Justin took a moment to look around. The figure that had so easily let them down had disappeared... or at least, Justin didn't see him.

By the time he saw straight, and had a moment to whine to himself about the bruises he'd surely have, he made a realization: His Money!

Looking down he saw the same young lady (OOC - child?) as before and the Elder of Initiates, unconcious, his coins in their hands/claws.

He gently (though due to his armour, far from silently) removed the coins and stood up again. "Aww... what the heck," he said and polished up one of the coins before placing it back in Rydia's hand. He then headed out to the bar.

"If I'm not drunk, I sure should be..."