The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

To Those New to the Pen or Thinking of Applying

My dear applicants and guests new and unfamiliar with the Pen,

A few things to note about the process of applying to the Pen is Mightier then the Sword and membership:

1) Membership is not needed to participate in the creative writing on the public boards of the guild. Please feel free to write and express yourselves in these writing forums whether you are a member or a visitor. It's also a great way to pass the time away while waiting for your membership application to be processed... (which can occasionaly take a while ;p)

2) If you're thinking of truly joining the society of the Pen, however, you'll want to apply for membership. As a member of the Pen, you'll recieve priority feedback from the membership and gain recognition as a writer of the society. In addition, you'll also be able to participate in the advancement of the guild by gaining access to the member boards, where guild suggestions and concerns are addressed. We highly recommend you to join.

3) Applying to the Pen is a simple process. All you have to do is simply post an 'application' in this office. This application can be any piece of creative writing that demonstrates how well you write... a story, a poem, or a piece of roleplaying being only a few examples. After having posted it, the Elder of Initiates (a.k.a me) will look over it and decide whether or not the writing is up to that of the membership, and will accept or reject the application. Please be patient with the Elder of Initiates' responses, as at times he goes off on money making schemes and can't respond to applications immediatly.

4) Even if you aren't applying to the Pen, please feel free to read the applications and responses of the Office, as many are interesting stories in their own right. You may even want to participate or comment in some of them...

I hope this clears any confusion, and look forward to seeing more applicants to the Pen. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post them in this thread or e-mail me at elitwack90@hotmail.com.

Thank you.

Melba swipes at the dust over the notice with a large ostrich-feather duster, which was slightly less ostentatious than the floral print on her blouse. She took a pencil from behind her ear and amended the notice with purposeful block lettering:

Please do leave your email somewhere on your application, or email Wyvern (elitwack90@hotmail.com) so that we all may keep in touch. And if you want to have a little coffee-talk with the Pen people, log onto IRC - server Galaxynet - channel #thepen - and bring a housewarming present.

She whisks more dust off of Wvyern's various piggybanks and piles of plots, tut-tutting at the disarray.

Edited by: Melba at: 2/25/02 5:06:39 pm