The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

. (NT)

Guest andrea hawk

*A young lady was heading toward the kitchen with a black cat in her arms. The feline looks at Andrea with his yellow eyes that are always full of curiosity. Celes stops and looks over the object of her cat's attention*

- Bonjour Mademoiselle, do you need help?

*The young applicant nodes and introduced herself to the French mage*

- Andrea? Hum... I did read your poem about your late dog... It was a brillant hommage to your lovely pet. I'll tell you what Monsieur Jechum told me when I applied here first. You must write a creation especially for the Pen. It could take any form you wish, poetry, text, ode, rpg, anything within which your talen will shine. Then, Le Vénérable Wyvern will take the time to read and to reply to your demand.

*The black cat starts to wiggle in his mistress' arms and Celes looks at it*

- Je suis désolée, but my Cambronne is a bit impatient when he's hungry. Take a look over the other applications, it will give you some ideas.

*Then Celes makes haste to the kitchen, while trying to hush her cat's impatience.*

Wyvern applauds

A good poem Andrea! Amongst the current mire of depressing poems circulating the Universal Bulletin Boards, it's nice to read a poem that sheds some positive light for a change. To me, the poem reads like a song in a very good way. You say that you are "not a very good writer" and are "horrible at writing poetry", yet this is not for you to judge. Although it's always good to be a little critical of yourself, leave the verdict of your writing to others.

I would accept your application, but there is one thing that's bothering me. You noted in your first post that:

"I want to join to get rid of 'visitor' under my name... So when I post a reply or something it'll look like I belong here instead of being an annoying little visitor."

and that

"I come here and read poetry and just about everything else."

The membership of the Pen are not only idle readers, but active participants in writing as well. If you want to join with the intention solely of changing your title, then I hesitate to accept you. Members of the Pen should be people who are eager to participate amongst the rest of the membership and become an integral part of the Pen society.

If reading other people's works is your main concern and you can't stand your visitor title, we can easily arrange to have the title changed from visitor to something you feel would be more appropriate. All of the creative writing of the Pen is written on the public boards, the password sealed boards are simply for members offering suggestions for the advancement of the Pen society...

However, I would VERY much like it if you wanted to become an active member. You certainly show potential, and the atmosphere of the Pen is one of a friendly and open nature. What do you say? Would you be willing to actively contribute to the Pen society, and creatively write/give feedback with the rest of us? Oh pleeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssseeee?

[image]http://www.legion-whiterose.com/signatures/aoa/wyv.gif[/image]

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Guest Minta Rose

A professional commentator? Why, you'll be MOBBED by happy writers!

(Tzimfemme quirks a grin.)

What's better, I distinctly see a spot in the voting members' lists for commentators those who reply without flames. (The need was anticipated! Thank you, whoever thought of that.) It'll be a lovely crown if you choose to wear it, and the brains underneath will be appreciated with or without the crown. Why not accessorize, though?

--Tzimfemme, the Naked Mage

Accessories:

Bard of Terra (sans initiation)

Saint of Terra (can I have chocolate icons can I can I can I?)

Knight-General Internal, Calculus for the masses!, Server Guilded

Manufacturer of AoA Miniature Chocolate Mages, Angels of Apocalypse, Ager Guilded

"Evil Moderatrix" of Ager Guilded (trust me, it was better than the other options)

Bedwarmer to the Priest of the Left Side of the Priest of the Left Side of the Great God and Pharaoh Nanotoknonnen (that's Orlan, if you can't be bothered to work it out)

(which still means he's got more than SuperMummy but this is a polite forum so let's not go into that)

Member, Co-Ed Nekkid Archmage

Other assorted phrases that float in and out of memory.

Oh, yes--Andrea, if you DO choose to accessorize, get an organizer first. Just look what happens otherwise!

No sooner has Andrea finished reciting her poem then the lights of Wyvern's office dim and an eery silence envelopes the room. The central double doors to the office are suddenly flung open, and two very charmingly dressed men roll out a red carpet into the chamber. Two helicopters fly by simultaneously in perfect unison, and begin shining white, blue, and green spot lights into the office through the various windows. A enormous white stretch limo rolls through the gates of the Mighty Pen and directly into the main hall, passing several bewildered Pen members, accidentaly rolling over one of Lumpenproletariat's feet, and finally parking in front of the door of Wyv's applicant office in a manner so that the limo doors on the right side are directly aligned with the red carpet leading into the office. One of the charmingly dressed men then goes and politely opens one of the limo doors. Several trumpets go off.

Wyvern and Andrea stare in awe.

Out of the door exits none other then the legendary celeberity Bob Dylan, wearing his traditional rainbow hippy garments and carrying his trusty guitar. The second charmingly dressed man hands him a microphone, and Dilan clears his throat and then begins to sing:

"People...

Coutries...

Places...

Nations...

TURN your face up to the sun!"

Several enormous television screens across the nation suddenly flash to life only to reveal an enormous and highly diverse chorus line, hosting people of all different nationalities and ethnicities. The chorus line begins swaying back and forth while singing:

"Life is Beautiful!

Vie est Belle!

Leben ist Schön!

Vida es Hermosa!

Life is Beautiful!"

"Don't let it pass you by..." chimes in Dylan while performing a perfectly placed stroke on his guitar...

As Bob Dilan and the chorus continue singing, Wyvern continues to stare in awe while Andrea seems to be growing redder and redder. His eyes transfixed on the enormous chorus line, Wyv mutters to Andrea: "Hey... Dylan's stealing your poetry..."

Hearing this, Andrea grows even redder and solemnly nods in agreement...

After the song has finished, Dylan takes out a sheet of paper, quickly jots a note on it, and hands it to Andrea. The sheet reads:

"Andrea,

Be sure to purchase my upcoming album, "Don't let it pass you by", coming to stores soon!

Signed Bob Dylan"

"Hey wait a minute..." starts a furious Andrea "... what rights do you have to steal my writing!"

Unfortunatly, it's a bit too late for complaints... Bob Dylan waves goodbye, gets back in his limo, and takes off back in the way from which he came, rolling over Lumpenproletariat's foot once again in the process. The helicopters fly away, the red carpets are undone, and the lighting goes back to normal. Suddenly, Wyvern's office seems like it's plain boring self again.

"I... I don't believe this..." growls Andrea, crumpling the signed sheet of paper in her fist.

Wyvern quickly takes out an application sheet and stamps it 'ACCEPTED'. Handing it to Andrea, he says:

"Here... will this make you feel any better?"

OOC: On a more serious note, you're accepted Andrea... Note that being a member doesn't mean that you have to visit the site EVERY day and contribute ALL the time... it's not that restrictive. Members just participate on a more regular basis then non-members, that's all. Of course, constant participation is great, if you can find the time to manage it (personally, I can't ;p).

Having said this, I'm promoting you to an initiate and accepting you into the Mighty Pen. I look forward to getting to know you better, and reading your future writings and feedback.

Welcome.

(Editted to correct the name spelling of a certain celebrity's name... ;p)

[image]http://www.legion-whiterose.com/signatures/aoa/wyv.gif[/image]

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 12/11/01 12:37:45 pm

Dang right she's accepted, Wyv!

I was ready to start annoying people constantly with my unlisted email...but it looks like she got in fine

Of course, I knew she would. Intelligent is just one of the many things she has going for her, and I still mean that!

Heh, heh heh heh, I think I'll actually write out that poem I've been writing...ok it's more like a song...

Cioden Darkeye

Page of The Mighty Pen

Owner of the Reply Raven - Enemy to all those who never post responses

Ashaman - WoT - Blitz II

Council - The Hunters - Blitz II

Leisure Officer - SFV Ultima - Beta