The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Is this the Lost and Found?

Standing at the door of the Recruiter's Office is a stooped old mage. Clothed in dingy white robes edged in emerald silk, he looks around for someone in charge...

Spying the draconian shape hunched over a scarred and well-worn desk, he makes his way inside...

"Excuse me? But, might you be in charge here? I seemed to have found this rather peculiar shrubbery in my kingdom. I think it belongs to someone here..."

He holds it up and points to a curious set of words carved into its limbs....

Present this shrubbery in the Recruiters Office of the Pen is Mightier Than the Sword... *Z*

"Now, the only 'Z' I know would be a good freind of mine named Zadown... but he is no longer in Terra..."

Jakob sniffs gently...

"Speaking of which, last time I met with him, he asked me to drop this off..."

He pulls a scrap of paper from his pocket and sets it on the desk...

Wyvern, resenting the interruption slightly, glances as the scrap of paper... on it, he reads...

Honoured Elder,

The bearer of this missive is one of my true and dearest friends. He is one of incredible imagination and creativity on par with my own.

I humbly submit the name of Jakob as a worthy member of the Pen is Mightier Than the Sword.

Please consider this his request for membership. I do this because I know he is too self-effacing to do it himself.

Zadown

Quill-Bearer

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard..Edited by: El Jakob  at: 7/31/01 10:09:04 am

Wyvern looks upon the shrubbery presented by Lord Jakob and licks his lips. In one swift movement, the overgrown lizard grabs the plant and stuffs it in his mouth. Jakob stares in horror as Wyvern swallows the shrubbery and mutters:

"Mmmmmm... Shrubbery."

Wyvern then takes Zadown's letter of recommendation and uses it as a napkin, crumpling the soiled sheet and tossing it aside when he's through. Lord Jakob cannot believe his eyes... such rudeness...

Wyvern then turns his head to Lord Jakob and says:

"Very well... now that I've finished lunch, let's get to your application shall we?"

Wyv skims through a few papers on his desk, and then remarks

"I notice you label yourself as 'Elder of Balance'. I'd like you to prove it..."

"What...?" starts Jakob.

Wyvern grabs a pot from the floor.

"Balance this on your head."

"Wha-?"

"I said BALANCE it! Do you want to be a member or not?"

"...O.K."

Jakob begins balancing the pot on his head.

"Now... here's your mission. Go to the outer world and fill this pot with geld, not taking it from your head all the while..."

Wyv is interrupted as Jechum barges in sipping a hot cup of coffee. Noticing Jakob desperatly a pot on his head and Wyvern grinning, he spits the liquid out and drops his cup, staining Wyvern's beautifull persian rug.

"WYV!" Jechum exclaims furiously "HAVE YOU BEEN ABUSING APPLICANTS AGAIN?!!"

Wyvern whimpers something and quickly stamps Lord Jakob's application 'ACCEPTED'.

OOC: Lord Jakob, I have accepted you as an Initiate of the Pen. Congratulations, and welcome amongst us. One of the other Elders of the Pen will send you the password (it's a new rule of some sort )

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"I'll put it in lamer terms:

If you came to learn how to make fire,

COME I'LL MAKE YOU BURN!"

-Big Pun, R.I.P

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

• 2 weeks later...

Casting a hasty glance towards the door, Jakob drops the small pot into his hands and sighes with relief...

"Good thing... although... if you are short on cash and have a taste for fine liquer, you might swing by the Tavern of the Morning Rose... I'm sure I can dupe an initiate or two into paying for a few rounds..."

He pulls out a list of recent applicants to the Legion of the White Rose and exits the office mumbling to himself...

"Hrmm... Gorion is new AND he just received his sig... That's an easy four rounds there..."

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard..

Initiate of the Pen is Mightier Than the Sword