The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Yui Temae

Visitor

(6/13/01 8:26:19 am)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Wyvern sits in his office, surrounded by the piles of applications and works both finished and unfinished, the sun stands in golden glory outside of the high windows, shining its light through the inaffective barrier of the glass. The midday meal just over, he has settled himself down with resignation to more drudgery and paperwork, the necessary evil of the effort to expand the Pen is Mightier than the Sword. With a wry smirk, he wonders why he volunteered to be the Elder of Initiates, again.

An hour passes before he raises his draconic eyes from the text flowing across a particularly long piece of parchment, turning them towards the windows to watch for a moment as the sun slowly begins to slip from its proud perch at the top of the sky. Weary, he sets the sheet down and scrubs the back of his hand over his forehead, wincing inwardly at the signs of a fledgling headache testing its wings within his skull.

Confident in his solitude, he leans back in his chair and lets his mind wander for a few minutes, watching a lark winging its way through the clouds with half an eye as he brainstorms more geld-making schemes. Thus, when an unheralded voice breaks the silence and sanctity of his thoughts, his jerk of surprise sends his chair toppling to the side, and only the quick grip of his hands against the strong oak of his desk saves him from an embarassing tumble to the rug-covered floor.

"So very high, the ambitions unmet," ... gasping in both shock and the aftermath of the adrenaline through his blood, Wyvern searches for the source of the voice that echoes through the spacious room...

"and higher still, the goals that I've set!" ... his eyes alight on the shadow that writhes with movement in the corner of the room, and he sags with relief at the familiar figure that slowly takes form from the darkness.

"Yet here I stand, one more for the list,

My face full of heart, my hand a tight fist." Pulling the cowl of her ebon cloak down from around her face, Yui-chan graces her friend Wyvern with a bright smile and a slight bow, continuing her recitation.

"Not fancy, nor skilled, surrounded by betters,

Yet still must I craft and weave songs with my letters." The new white trim on her flowing cape catches his eye, sparkling slightly from the green scrollwork that wends its way down the length.

"For I find it as needed as deep breaths of air,

That one who might follow may appreciate my care," She slowly wanders over to stand before his desk, stopping there to finish her words, her eyes locked on his.

"Or learn what to do, or what not, as you may.

And so I must ask, shall I go? May I stay?"

Temae Yui smiles brightly and watches Wyvern for a reaction...

Wyvern00

Elder of Initiates

(6/13/01 4:22:55 pm)

Reply Re: @-/---

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lyricaly rich living...

Spiritualy fit, eating healthy

Coming clean, never filthy

In God's eyes I'm wealthy."

(Quote from Yui Temae's song on Wyvern's upcoming 'Chronicles of Terra' LP )

Will I accept Yui Temae's application? Does Misha flame newbies? Of course! Without any second thoughts...

I'm glad you decided to join us despite your hatred of the EZboard community. I'll e-mail you the member password...

Although there's not much going on in the member section, at the moment (we're getting there...)

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"I'll put it in lamer terms: If you came to learn how to make fire, COME I'LL MAKE YOU BURN!" -Big Pun, R.I.P

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze