Having reached taht place in the distance

Perspective is gone.

Nothing follows the lines

There is no more distance

I kick the tracks,

Now crossed and too confined

I've lost the distance

Guest Xradion

Very nice fusion of the literal and metaphorical significance. When I read this poem, I can't help but get a sense of staring down a long railway, and perceiving the illusion of the tracks meeting at some point way off in the distance, though I know they are parallel. In the end, there is a sort of semi-dissolution of the physical world in my mind when you say, "Perspective is gone. /Nothing follows the lines /There is no more distance."

It strikes me as though the speaker is talking about that strange feeling one gets when one meets a long time goal, or obtains something that seems unattainable. There may be the initial exhilaration, but after a while, there is a sense of emptiness brought about by the fact that the journey is over. You’ve wanted to reach that point for so long, and now that you’re there, it’s no longer so interesting, and the void consumes you. I could also see this poem as being a metaphor for life. I await your response to these thoughts (It's nice to be able to converse with the author). At any rate, great poem. Nicely executed. Thoughtful and effective use of imagery. I don't know what else to say but keep up the good work!

Xradion,

The Horny Druid,

Scholar of the Ancient Arts,

Holder of the Eye of Odin.

"The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream."

-Wallace Stevens

"When at home, do as the Homans do." –Xradion

Guest Xradion

I see. I sort of saw the confinement more as death...the end of the line, once the train reaches the station, and the lines cross on the train turnstiles. What you say makes a little more sense, though, as the train relies on its rails to guide it.

Xradion,

The Horny Druid,

Scholar of the Ancient Arts,

Holder of the Eye of Odin.

"The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream."

-Wallace Stevens

"When at home, do as the Homans do." –Xradion