The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Mo(ew)ving

Things had been strange lately, at least from Carbone and Cambronne point of view. The furniture they are used to see during the last two years are gone, boxes are pilling here and there all over the place, a new guy had moved in and, worse of all, their mistress is nowhere to be seen.

On the coutertop, behind the microwave that is placed in an angle, the grey, tigered stripped Carbone and the black Cambronne are cuddled behind it, burying their usual war hatchet. Both cats are scared and confused.

Carbone: What is going on here? What's the deal with that new guy? Where's the furniture??? Where's mistress? Did she forget us??? Now, I'm stuck with HIM!!!! Oh well, at least, he's the only thing familiar here.

Cambronne: Where's mistress? I missed her! At least, Carbone let me hide next to her! I understand why she finds it scary!

Hours later, Celes finally arrives into the appartment. But, before packing her remaining objects, she decides to look for her cats and calls them out.

Cambronne: IS THAT MISTRESS????

Cambronne jumps off the countertop and greets his mistress while delightfully rubbing his sides on her legs.

Cambronne: MISTRESS!!! I knew it was you! I missed you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! Where had you been all this time? Oh that doesn't matter! You're here and I'm happy!

Carbone hesitates for a while and shyly decides to greet her mistress as well. Celes grabs the female cat and cuddles Carbone in her arms while hushing.

Carbone: I'm happy to see you! I knew that you didn't forget me. I reminded you to not forget me when I was laying on your lap. Ok... It was nice to be in you arms for a while but I still don't like to be in anybody's arms. Can you let go? Please?

Celes gently puts her cat down on the floor before Carbone wiggles too much and starts to pack the remains of her belongings.

Sitting along the cats' litter box and their usual toys, a cage and a cardboard box with holes that Cambronne tried earlier were waiting for the cats. Both cats are hidden behind one of the new comer's furniture.

Carbone: Why mistress is putting more things in these boxes? What that cage is doing HERE? I don't wanna see these people with weird white clothes. I hope, she wont put me in there.

Cambronne: Oh!!! There's that nice box! I liked the comfy blanket that is inside it. Oh!!!! Is mistress going to that place I'm not allowed to go to? I'll sneak behind her and I'll go in there!

Celes shows her brother's roomate the boiler room and tells him everything he needs to know about it and the adjoining workshop, while Cambronne was exploring this place.

Cambronne: Hehehehehehe! She didn't noticed me! I love to explore this place! Its full of strange objects

Celes and the weird guy left the boiler room, closing the door behind them and leaving the curious cat alone, in the dark.

Styler, Celes' boyfriend packed all the boxes and the dismantled tables in the rear of the pick-up he borrowed from his father. The only thing that left are the cats' things. Celes taps on a chair and calls out Carbone.

Carbone: Oh yeah!!!! Rub my cheecks!!! Rub my head!!! I love it!!!!

The lady rubs her cat's head for a while but it was time to put Carbone in her cage. She opens it, grabs the pet and struggles to put the feline in the dreaded cage!

Carbone: OH NO!!!!!! I-DON'T-WANT-TO-GO-IN-THERE!!!!!! DON'T-BRING-ME-TO-THESE-WEIRD-GUYS-WITH-WEIRD-WHITE-CLOTHES!!!!! I'LL DO ANYTHING THAT YOU WANT BUT PLEASE, DON'T PUT ME IN THERE!!!!!

Carbone was finally locked in the cage and starts to meow her sadness and fear.

Meanwhile, Celes looks for her other cat. She calls him out throughout the whole appartment but the cat is nowhere to be seen.

Cambronne: I'm here, Mistress!!! Get me out of here! Its so dark, so boring and there's dust everywhere!

His mistress finally opens the boiler room's door and sights of relief when she sees Cambronne running out of it. It was his turn ot go to his box. She leads him over the box he tried earlier and she puts him gently. Then, she closes the box's lid and puts Carbone's cage on top of it. That way, Cambronne wont be able to push his way out.

Cambronne: Ohhhh!!! I'm in that nice comfy box with that nice comfy blanket!!! Why Mistress closed the box? Oooohhhh!!!! I know!!!! Its a new game!!!! Sounds fun to me!!!!

Carbone, who was meowing since a while already, realizes that Cambronne, although stuck in the same situation than her's, didn't showed any sign of fear.

Carbone: What the heck??? Does he understand what is going on??? Either he's courageous, either he's a moron

Cambronne: Allright, it had been fun but now its time to let me out! Mistresss??? Hum.... Mistresss????

Cambronne starts to panic and tries to pushes the box's lid upward, while meowing in frantic panic. But it was in vain.

Cambronne: LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! I SWEAR THAT I'LL NEVER TEAR UP ANY TOILET PAPER ROLL AGAIN!!!! I SWEAR!!! SO PLEASE, LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!! LET-ME-GO!!!!

Carbone: I knew that cat was a moron

Now, everything is packed in the pick-up and everyone, human and cats, are stuck on the vehicule's front seat in a wet an torrid weather. Celes tries to distract the cats but both of them keeps meowing for the next hour and half trip.

Carbone: It's so hot in here! I want to get out! I don't wanna sees those guys with weird white clothes. At least you're still with me, mistress. You didn't forget me! Are we there yet?

Cambronne: Its so hot in here!!!! Its so long!!! Are we there yet????

Finally, the pick-up reaches its destination. Celes and Styler bring the cages in the new appartment. The lady frees the cats. Carbone, after a sligh hesitation, decides to run for cover in the master bedroom.

Carbone: I'M OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!! I need some place to hide! Ohhh!! Here's mistress' bed!! I'm hiding underneath it.

Cambronne, on the other hand, decides to explore first, hide later.

Cambronne: Ohhhh!!! I know that piece of furniture!!! Ohhh that's new!!! Ohhh There's the small bed!!! I'll hide underneath it!!! I think its cooler than this box!

One week later

Carbone and Cambronne, although a little uneasy by bit, feels comfortable in their new appartment, even if objects from the boxes moves around on a daily basis. Since the moving, they never fought each other and Cambronne had yet to tear up any toilet paper roll, even if they are not hidden nor out of his reach, much to his mistress' delight.

Edited by: Lady Celes Crusader  at: 7/10/02 9:28:53 pm

Well, its all 4 actually (Styler, the cats and myself are now living under the same roof).

I'm doing well, although that I'm feeling desoriented since I'm now 1 hour away from the neighborhood I lived in since pratically all my life. Styler is well and happy. Both cats are comfortable and they totally stopped the fights, which were daily since the day I adopted Cambronne, although they still a bit shyer than the usual.