The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A fond farewell for now.

Guest Lord Seth Exodus

Guest Lord Seth Exodus

Seth sat in an armchair in front of the fire in the tavern. He gazed blankly into the dancing flames, a look of anxiety and distress on his face. His spectacles rested low on his nose, his top hat sat on his knee, and across his lap laid his cane; the handle of which he absentmindedly fingered. On the table at his side sat an untouched glass of wine, a blank piece of parchment, and a clean quill.

“Okay, best foot forward and all that.” He took up the wine, threw it back and walked to the center of the tavern. He looked around to all the faces, which he had come to know these past months. He paused for a moment, his moustache twitched.

“Right, then. Your attention, if you please!” He held his hands aloft and addressed the entire bar.

“I have some sad news, indeed. I fear that other business is calling me away for a few months. I must leave for a time. God willing, however, I shall return in due time.” He walked over to where Justin Silverblade was sitting. He placed a hand on the would-be knight’s shoulder.

“Justin, I’m leaving the charge of my chambers, belongings and works to you; I trust you to keep them in order.” He leaned close to his ear.

“And no parties while I’m gone,” he said with a wink.

He faced the entirety of the assembly again.

“ I leave all of you with good will, and pray you won’t forget me while I’m gone. I’ll keep the experiences I’ve gained here with me always, and may they keep me until I return to gain more. God bless you all.” With that he took up a small carpetbag, turned on his heel to leave.

Yours very truly,

Lord Seth Exodus

Wyvern, who had an enormous Summer fiesta prepared in the back of the Cabaret Room, grumbles and throws down his party hat, mirachas, and 16 buckets of confetti. Sighing to himself and turning to a concerned looking Seth Exodus, the overgrown lizard pats the Lord on the back and mumbles:

"Have a good journey, Seth ol' buddy. Since I'm not going to be using these for the fiesta anymore, you can go ahead and take some booze along with ya..."

With that, Wyvern signals to a person in the back of the bar and Seth Exodus' eyes widen as two muscular men begin hauling over several enormous kegs of Bruteweiser booze and loading them into an extremely large backpack. Wyvern grins and winks to Seth Exodus, hissing:

"This should be enough Bruteweiser booze to last you the whole trip... Take care, and remember to bring back lots of expensive gifts!"

With that, Wyvern lets out a horrendously evil laugh and gets back to his typical geld schemings...

[image]http://members.shaw.ca/kea/am/wyvy.jpg[/image]

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 6/19/02 11:48:42 pm

"You have spoken to me, of your trail, my friend. And so, I shall not bid you a goodbye, merely a farewell for now. We shall see you soon, I am sure, and... All your things will be in order when you return; I assure you.

With a bow and a smile, Justin see's Seth off.

"Safe Travels, Seth."