The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A new face, and new work...

Guest Lord Seth Exodus

Guest Lord Seth Exodus

The doors of the tavern swing open wide, and in steps a conservatively, yet formally dressed man, his long black cape billowing out as he walks forward. His polished, black, leather shoes clump loudly on the stone floor. He is clad in black formal dress; black vest, waistcoat, tie, white wing-collar shirt, a silver watch chain droops from his vest pocket. In his left hand he carries a hard, black briefcase; and in his right, a black shafted cane with a glistening silver handle. His hair is groomed back, and on his nose rests a pair of silver, wire-rim spectacles. An air of quiet dignity emanates from him.

He walks over to a table close at hand, where he sets down his cane and briefcase; he also unfastens his cloak and lays it on the table. The he makes his way swiftly to the bar. “Bar keep! A cup of your strongest brewed tea.” He becomes aware of snickers coming from the other bar patrons. “Alcohol dulls the senses, that’s all,” he stammers under his breath.

Taking a sip from his cup, he draws in a long, deep breath. Turning, he faces the others in the bar, his arms spread wide. “Fellow Pen members, I am Seth Exodus, a new initiate. I simply want to make my presence known, and do so in good health. So, for the remainder of the evening drinks are on me.” Seth turns back to his drink as the rush to the bar begins. He is suddenly struck with a realization; he takes out his moneybag, and peers into it. Tipping it out onto his hand, a few silver coins drop out. Red faced he turns to the bar keep, “umm… my credits good, right?” The bar keep sternly shakes his head. “You know, I’m very close with Bhurin. You may know him; big, strong, wings of a bird, sort of stands out. Yeah, just put it on his tab.” Seth then takes up his cup, and slinks off back to his table.

He lets out an exasperated sigh, and pushes up his spectacles. “Well, now that we’re a little more comfortab…” he’s cut short as no one looks up from the bar. “I say, now that we’re a little more com…” still no notice is paid to him. “Now look here, if I could just…” he stops short as he dodges a beer flagon that narrowly misses his head. “ VERY WELL THEN!!!” He indignantly storms back through the doors, and returns moments later with a great brass trombone in his hand. Putting the horn to his lips he lets blast a great billowing roar that tips over more than a few glasses, ruffles a few peoples hair, and shatters at least one bottle on the bar. Seth lowers the instrument from his mouth, and looks over the patrons standing slack-jawed before him. “Well, as long as I have your attention…” he says with a grin. “My friends, my apologies for intruding on your indulgence, but, I would like to present something to you. I am bringing before you my work, but it is slightly outside that of the ‘norm.’ and think it best to post it here; as it does not fit in any of the other rooms.” Here he opens his briefcase and pulls out a parchment with a drawing on it.

{link lost in transfer. :( }

Yours truly,

Seth Exodus

Initiate of The Pen