The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

How I Feel About You

James Crow

This is not the poem I wanted to post next, but the other one is giving me problems and then I got sick. Next thing I know it is almost Febuary 14th!!! I was going to post this one though so here it is. I made the hiden meaning of this poem easy to find. Hope you like it.

I would also like to share my first true poem, the one that I will never get out of my head and the father to all my others, I wrote it around this time many years ago and I would like to share it now.

♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣

Along time ago,

We gave each other a rose.

The rose was fake,

But the real slice of the cake,

It was given with a love that we shared.

♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣

There you go and Happy Valentine's Day (early)☺

Edited by James Crow

I can't really give this the time it deserves right now, and don't think I have to, really. Both good reads. The second one feels deep somehow. Good work there. I also like how the first sets a tone that's very much... like a conversation, I guess, but bordering on a "see? There really aren't any monsters under the bed" kind of feel, for me anyway. Good stuff as well ^_^

One note of criticism though: don't explain the joke. (Disclaimer: tvtropes will ruin your life)

Most of the time, a point brought across subtly will have far more impact than one brought with bravado, and feel more powerful to boot.