All I hate

Is me!

(Me, me, me, me, me, we)

My mind is a maze and I'm the rat inside,

Trying to find my way out again. This time

I can see the hate as it festers within

My demons are devouring me again.

A broken mind and we are all fighting for control

Of my life, of my heart, of my soul, For this hellhole.

For me!

me!

me!

We are me!

Degorram peered over the sheet of song lyrics at Atadiusti. He stared back, tapping his thigh as he waited for her opinion. His brow furrowed and he blinked: hadn't her hair been black before....?

The shapeshifter sighed and placed the lyrics down on the desk in front of her; it was strewn with neat (and not neat) piles of geld, a few print outs of bodacious pennites, and some diagrams and master plans for super-duper Almost-Dragonic-Brand item ideas. She hadn't yet bothered moving out most of the items that had been left within the desk drawers, and had simply shifted them to the top of the desk so that she could observe them more readily. Her hand was hovering between two stamps, one red, the other green.

"This is a very interesting piece of work," she said softly. "And I am wondering if it has a tune to go with?"

"Erm..." Atadiusti replied unsteadily, "It's kind of a work in progress, but I have an idea of how it should sound..."

Degorram hummed a little as she scrolled over the words again with her eyes, her black fox ears twitching in time with the internal beat. "Yes....yes, indeed."

"Indeed what?"

She looked back up at Atadiusti. "Oh, forgive me. I was just playing around. Indeed, indeed! Very nice work, especially for your application piece. Most definitely, ACCEPTED!" And she picked up the green stamp and slammed it down onto the paper's front. "Do be sure to let me know when you have the tune to this. I'd be most interested in learning it -- you see my most recent group of Anteranian Bypeddlebeasts adore songs, and are always yearning for new things to listen to."

Atadiusti leaned forward slightly, mouth hanging open. "Your WHAT?"

"You see they memorize music," Degorram said, shuffling the papers on the desk into some sort of organization that made sense only to her. "And they can get...ah...violent without material. So I've been scrambling for new things, and this is just the ticket, I think."

"Um, alright then."

"Welcome to the Pen," Degorram said, smiling cheerily.

---------------------------

Well done Atadiusti, and again, welcome to our ranks! You will have noticed that your state of being has been changed to 'Initiate' and now you are fully ready to begin your merry ascension among us.

Thanks for the welcome, but I have to say, your portrayal of me was very off mark. ;) For instance, everyone knows I respond to "Indeed" with "Quite," not "what?".

You are right about one thing though: I have a basic concept of the beat and melody, but it's not finished, and it needs tweaking.

Thanks for the welcome, but I have to say, your portrayal of me was very off mark. ;) For instance, everyone knows I respond to "Indeed" with "Quite," not "what?".

In all fairness I did look for you in the Piazza of Portraits and, finding nothing, had to improvise. Which, by the way, would be a perfect next project for you to attack, so that we can all better understand your character. You do need to be careful about that word 'everyone'..... ;P

Funny! Properly executed, too: "...your portrayal of me was very off mark..." followed by a wink indicating non-seriousness, then joke payload arrives on target.

*throws water balloon at Degorram*

Edited by Disco-neck Ted