The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Like Clockwork

Atadiusti

Amongst the song lyrics and novels I write, I also write scripts for webcomics. The one I'm currently focusing on is called "Like Clockwork". It's about a young gypsy named Mortimer, and a motley crew of misfits (an old senile retired archaology professor, a paraplegic pilot, a silent mercenary, , and about the misadventures they get into as they search for a legendary floating nation: The Curious Island of Cook. It's set in an alternate world where petroleum oil was never discovered to be a viable power source, instead society has continued to develop technology around water/steam, coal, and clockwork. History, and Geography will of course have departures from our own, such as the continued existence of East and West Germanies. The setting is supposed to be purely science fiction, but I want to give some people the impression - every so often - that paranormal/supernatural forces might be at work, just as there are people on our Earth that believe that there may be paranormal forces at work. But those cases where I set up those mysteries, are meant to be just that, mysteries: you'll never know the truth; I'll never know the truth.

At some point I will post bios on the main characters in the story, But for now, here's the first 'script' for "Like Clockwork"

Setting: Streets of Düsseldorf, West Germany; August, 2009 AD, Late morning

Snapshot of Mortimer flying along.

Snapshot of Jarvis walking along the street, whistling.

Snapshot of Seamus polishing his glasses.

Snapshot of Jacques heating something with his custom arcwelder.

Snapshot of Wahlter, Daeic, and Alestair sitting at a table in a pub. Wahlter and Daeic carrying on and drinking; Alestair watching and smiling silently. Abigail can be seen brooding in the corner behind them.

Snapshot of Jackie lighting a match.

Snapshot of Ophelia worriedly looking for her sister, crying out “Oleta, where are you?”

Snapshot of Oleta walking down a street with a man holding a gun pointed at her side, concealed to the passerby

Snapshot of the weld on Mortimer's leg jet breaking.

(Wideshot) Mortimer cries, “Oh nooooooo!!!” as he loses control of his flight path and plummets toward the grassy knoll below him.

Mortimer stands up

“Aw poop.”