The hold – sleeper slipping down – remains the same,

Solitude, your keeper.

Or is it I who lies alone

In your arms

Beneath the plaster,

Between the sheets?

Thank you for the consideration!

Edited by Bouts_of_coughing

Bouts_of_coughing sighs to herself as she glances over at the Office Rolodex clock and considers the lengthy period of time that the Pen’s Recruiter is apparently forcing her to wait, wondering if it’s all part of some idiotic initiation ritual or if the Elder of Initiates really is as lazy and incompetent as rumors have suggested. The Pen applicant leans back in her Office easy-chair and takes a deep breath to calm her nerves, only to break into a short fit of coughing as the dust of the quarters’ accumulated paperwork gets to her. A loud sound rings out in the middle of her coughing fit, and by the time she’s recuperated, Wyvern has already made his entrance and is forcing the Office window shut again. The reptilian Elder brushes a claw through his disheveled scales in a failed attempt to set them straight, and turns to Bouts_of_coughing with an awkward bow.

“Greetingssss Bouts, can I call ya Bouts?” Wyvern strikes a toothy sneer and a little wave as he approaches his desk, causing paper work floor tremors with his jerky tail motions. “Sssorry if I’m here a little earlier than expected, the Almost Dragonic Brand Slow-Plastered Bed Spreads™ I was working on went far quicker than expected. I hope you’ve had enough time to properly acquaint yourself with the Recruiter’s Office?”

Bouts_of_coughing slowly nods with a glum expression, watching as the crimson-scaled Recruiter skirmishes through his desk until he comes up with the appropriate application poem.

“Glad to hear it. Now, lessee here…” Wyvern stretches his wings and collapses back into the seat behind his cluttered desk, cocking his feet up onto the desktop as he lifts the poem closer to his snout. “Hmmm, snow and ice in the first line, cousins of H2O. Not a good ssstart if you wanna leave a favorable impression with me my dear… after all, we all know how terrible water is.”

Bouts_of_coughing opens her mouth to respond, only to be interrupted as Wyvern continues.

“I do like the bits about stealing though. And I mussst say, the last three linesss kinda win me over.” Wyvern grins, leaning further back in his chair and swatting a corner of the application with his claw. “That’sss a catchy ad ssslogan if I ever heard one! Don’t suppose you’d let me borrow it for my marketing campaign for Almost Dragonic Brand Slow-Plastered Bed Spreads™? I could offer you a 10% discount on bulk purchases of the spreads in return, how about it?”

Wyvern leans in across his desk with an eager expression, his scaly claws pressed together in a businessman’s posture. Noticing the mixed look of confusion and annoyance on Bouts_of_coughing’s face, Wyvern lets his wings relax and slowly pulls himself back down into his seat.

“That’s alright, you don’t have to decide now, but think about it would ya?” Wyvern winks and snatches a stamp from a corner of his personal mess, marking Bouts_of_coughing’s application ACCEPTED. “In the mean time, I hope you’ll at least try one of these Almost Dragonic Brand Bruteweiser Cough Drops.™ 10 geld a piece, and guaranteed to make you cough or your money lost!”

;-)

OOC: A very strong poem and accepted application, Bouts_of_coughing. Welcome to the Mighty Pen! I hope you find this a friendly and open community to share your writing with, and look forward to reading more of your stuff as well as writing with you collaboratively. Welcome once again, and apologies for the long wait!