Treasures on tiptoes lightly go

Phallic procedures complacent, slow

Companion traces of wine in snow

Vodka chases night and roe

Many eyes are pleased to find

A portion time once left behind

Cruelty feins an honest day

When sultans ply and farmers lay

Gabrielcharon leans back in her applicant easychair and takes a moment to glance over the pig sty of a Recruiter's Office, twisting her nose at the tall stacks of inky paperwork and clusters of discarded candy wrappers that litter the floor. She drums her fingers on the side of the chair and glances up at the Office Rolodex Clock to check on the time, only to jump as the window on the opposite side of the room abruptly slams open. A grappling hook clangs onto the windowsill with enough force to chip part of the window's frame, and a set of claws promptly follow the hook's lead. Wyvern pulls himself into the room with some effort, getting his tail stinger stuck on a crack in the Pen Keep's exterior walls before finally shoving his way in through the opening. The overgrown lizard grunts and brushes a few stray Courtyard leaves from his crimson scales, then waves to gabrielcharon with a toothy grin.

"Greetingssss gabrielcharon, sorry to keep you waiting. I jussst had to fetch some uhhh, important Office resssearch documents for future reading." Wyvern takes the stack of fantasy smut magazines tucked under his wings and lays it behind a tall pile of scheming documents on his Office desktop, hoping that gabrielcharon won't take much notice. "*Ahem* Anyway, it'sss nice to meet you. Feel free to help yourssself to some of the Bruteweiser on that stack of unfinished raise proposalsss over there, I'll be getting to your application in a second."

Wyvern flashes gabrielcharon another grin, then rushes over to the center of his desktop and begins tossing sheets left and right in a frantic search for gabrielcharon's application. He finally finds the neatly written sheet after overturning a stack of “cease and desist” notifications from rival manufacturers, and lifts it to his snout to read it over.

“Mm, a very niccce piece indeed gabriel. Between the treasssures, the booze, and the phallic implications I wouldn’t be surprised if you wrote this poem with me in mind.” Wyvern snorts to himself contently, then eyes gabrielcharon for a moment to try to read her face for any changes in expression. He licks his lips and turns his eyes back to the application, tapping at the edge of the page. “Of courssse, then again, I’m not sure what you’re implying with the end of the poem. I guesss that if the beginning is about my pursuit of geld, love of alcohol, and overall potency in bed, then the end of the poem seems to depict me as a dastardly exploiter of the innocent with few moral valuesss. Is that about right?”

Gabrielcharon raises a brow at Wyvern before vigorously shaking her head.

“Oh no no, the poem isn’t about-“

“Awww… really?” Wyvern stares at the end of the poem with longing written in his beady eyes, then begins digging through his desktop again for something. “Drat! And here I was hoping that someone had finally depicted me as villainous… I mean, chicks dig villainous right?”

Before gabrielcharon can open her mouth to respond, Wyvern pulls out the official acceptance stamp from its hiding place behind an empty booze bottle and stamps the application poem ACCEPTED. He strides up to gabriel and shakes her hand, then gives back the poem with as welcoming a hiss as he can muster.

"Anyway, the poem's definitely Mighty Pen material Gabs - can I call you Gabssss?" Wyvern pauses, then turns and begins wandering back towards his desk as he waits for a response. "By the way Gabs, I don't suppossse you'd be interested in some Almost Dragonic Brand Vodka Chaser Roe Mein™? It's typically sold at 130 geld a pint, but I'd be willing to offer a sssmall discount given the alcohol level of your second stanza..."

;-)

OOC: An ACCEPTED application poem, gabrielcharon. Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) I'm glad that cryptomancer directed you here, and look forward to reading more of your works as well as collaborating with you on community projects and RPing. I hope you enjoy the company here at the Pen and find us an open and friendly community to share your writing and other thoughts with. Once again, welcome!

Gabriel starts coughing. Doesn't stop. Cough on top of cough reddens face stings eye scrapes larynx. Sputtering incoherent gratitude steps over stinking exoskeletal shed with a wave of nausea to wretchen the cough. Past the door through the Keep she takes welcome breath of wooded air. Care taken to preserve the paper already creased and it's purpose now served deemed unnecessary. Stolen glimpses of her form now delivered by liquid source. She glances again into the pool her reflection backlit by lunar crown. Rags, filth, matted hair, tears, emptiness, disgust, fear... a head held high.

/////

(OOC: Thank you for the acceptance Wyvern! Glad to be here!)