The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Matters of Love... (the story)

A young man managed to find an apartment in new city, and on the first day of moving in he met a really really cute girl. Maybe the guy wasn't so naive because he knew from the way she looked at him that she's trouble. She was engaged with her boyfriend and already the superintendent was trying to get her. However she was instantly attracted to the new guy and the guy being in a new city was awful lonely.

She hang out with the new guy mostly to pissed the superintendent off. However as the saying goes if you chase away rats with cats, you'll be left with cats which assume would be a bigger problem. Eventually the superintendent was reassigned to another housing complex, but not before he made one last attempt at her which she bluntly refused. The guy was gone and the new guy's usefulness has ended.

She tried to give the new guy a chance, and asked him what's the deal. He either misunderstood the question, or just aren't sure of his feelings. She interpreted that as the new guy was trying to pull the same trick. She thought he was just another player taking advantage of her and started to distance from him. The new guy tried to retain the same level of intamacy with her but she shriek him away. He tried to be friends then and was ignored. So in the end the new guy, still confused, gave up reaching out for her.

It wasn't until one day she totally screwed up something and everyone else in the building suffered because of that. All her friendly neighbours turned against her. The new guy didn't thou. Instead he patched things up for her and helped her when she needed it most. He told her that no matter what happens he'll always take care of her. Little did she realized then, that she loved him all along and needed him the most. However it was too late... too too late. Her wedding was coming soon and she already interviewed and got accepted to another job.

By the time the not-so-new guy heard the news she already handed her lease termination notice. He rushed into her unit at once.

"So I've heard that you are leaving."

"yeah, I'm leaving this place." Her faced was glued to the TV, not daring to face him.

"I want to talk to you."

"About what?" She said.

"You know.... we are no strangers to love...." he managed to mutter.

"Yeah, Well you know the rules and so do I." Her cooled words tried to supressed any emotion for him.

"A full commitment is what I'm thinking," her thoughts are a silent whisper. "But I don't think I'll get this from any other guy."

Silence.

"I ..... just want to tell you what I'm feeling." His words became a torrant of emotions. "Gotta make you understand... never gonna give you up; Never gonna let you down! Never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry; Never gonna say goodbyeeeee. Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you!"

FYI, You all got rick-rolled.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickrolled or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSsJ19sy3JI

Edited by Vigil StarGazer