You hurt, I hurt too

I can't always show you my heart

And I could never read your mind

But if we could….you and I would know

That we love each other still

even when it doesn't show.

Edited by Regel

• 3 weeks later...

I actually think there is a form of implied imagery at work here. I could very much see the sorrow and anger at work in the words without them being directly spoken. There is an aftermath of a fight in play, a possible separation between two people, and a contortion of emotions twisting two people to the breaking point.

I'm not sure this needs the normal form of imagery to be successful. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing it with that kind of imagery but I don't know that it would improve it.

Anyway Regel, I think you conveyed the pain and emotion quite well.

• 2 weeks later...

A very heartfelt poem Regel, thank you for sharing it here. *hugs* For some reason, when considering the love between people that is sometimes cloaked by hardships and pain, I seem to recall the last chapter of "Ulysses" when Bloom's wife's thoughts stream forth and the love behind her relationship troubles is revealed. Anyway, you touch upon the hidden emotions well here, with the last five lines driving across the feelings of the piece nicely in my opinion. The only part of the poem that I didn't care for as much were lines 7-12, as they felt more like common knowledge to me and seemed less personal than the rest of the piece.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing this Regel. A nice look into the endlessly complicated emotions that can be stirred between people.