For your true love I can't be.

At a distance I must stand,

Till you take me by the hand.

Separated we must be,

Though I sing a silent plea.

Your friendship is all I ask

And it seems it cannot last.

Edited by Degorram

Cool poem, Degorram. :-) When I read this, I get the interesting image of a popular music artist singing on stage at a concert and a fan yearning for the artist's affection and personal attention. Of course, there's also the sense that the imagery is a metaphor and can be extended to just about any relationship where there's a longing for closer bonding. A universal theme that's easy to relate to and nicely executed, though something about the repetition of "see" in the first and final stanza felt a bit jarring to me. Anyway, thanks for sharing this here Degorram. :-)

Cool poem, Degorram. :-) When I read this, I get the interesting image of a popular music artist singing on stage at a concert and a fan yearning for the artist's affection and personal attention. Of course, there's also the sense that the imagery is a metaphor and can be extended to just about any relationship where there's a longing for closer bonding. A universal theme that's easy to relate to and nicely executed, though something about the repetition of "see" in the first and final stanza felt a bit jarring to me. Anyway, thanks for sharing this here Degorram. :-)

Thanks for the tip Wyv! I'll fix that. Now that you point it out, it is pretty jarring.

Luckily for me, I know the person in this poem a bit more than I would a popular music artist.

Edited by Degorram