The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

"Desolation" by Zadown

Wyvern

A very good story, as always Zadown. :-) The beginning with the zombies and warring factions had me a little worried that there'd be no challenges in store for the Dreamer, but when Lady Therazin entered the scene and the element of Evil was introduced to the fiefs it became a lot more interesting. The exploration of the various fiefs was cool, with that disgusting Fief of Decay guardian standing out in particular, and I was surprised by how intense and difficult a fight the necromancer in charge of the Evil turned out to be. Always interesting and exciting to see the Dreamer in a situation that's tricky, even for him. Suentalv was extremely annoying in a good character-driven way... I like how you balanced his obnoxious pride out with some positive traits that demonstrate his skill. I guess he wouldn't be the Dreamer's apprentice if he didn't show any potential, and he does. The special blade that the Dreamer uses for the Fief of Decay was pretty bad-ass as well... I'm curious if Misery will be appearing in future Dreamer stories as well. I still give the edge to Pain though... gotta love those moans.

Anyway, great stuff Z. :-) Always a pleasure to read your works!