The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

"The Order of the Worlds" by Ran Yoko

Wyvern

I read what's been written of this story so far and enjoyed it, Ran Yoko. :-) It seems like its shaping up to be quite an ambitious piece of writing if the background info of the initial paragraph and the many intriguing details spread through Part 1 are anything to go by! I initially thought this was going to be a story about Alice, though the end of this first part suggests that it may ultimately be more focussed on Kaname... we'll just have to see as the story progresses, I guess. :-) I like how you introduce the characters through scene rather than backstory, and the many magical details you incorporate help in giving them an aura of fantasy. I like the twins and find their interactions quite funny, particularly when paired with Alice's more realistic reactions. They definitely give the piece a kind of "Alice in Wonderland" feel... Kaname may be onto something when she mentions that connection. ^_- Your uses of cats of various shapes and sizes are neat as well, and I'm looking forward to seeing how you use the Akumu Oni later on. Oh, and I like the poem that starts Part 1 as well - especially the last three lines.

Anyway, thanks for sharing this Ran Yoko. :-) I'll try and keep up with it as you continue to post it.