The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Disappearance of Fizzle Shortfoot

Katzaniel

OOC: The following is going to be a brief RP (only a few posts each, and hopefully not very many takers). Due to that fact, I'd prefer that we all use relatively bland characters whose personalities are clear from the very first post - so as not to require anyone any outside reading - and also characters whom you don't mind letting other people misuse. I want everyone to feel quite comfortable using everyone else's character and moving the plot forward, so there ya go.

I intend for the conclusion of this to correspond with the guild's return, but if this happens to be quite successful I may let it go on a bit longer.

Oh.. and let's just keep all the OOC in here for this one. Participation should be quick and easy.

IC:

Fizzle the halfling and his companions paused as they approached the heavy gates. They had been travelling for many days to get to this castle, the Mighty Pen Keep, and they were tired - but it was so close.

"Should we enter now?" he asked his friends, leaning on the wall beside him. "We won't sleep well either way, I'll wager."

But he got no response, for just then a gust of wind tore through the group, and as it passed everything went still behind it. Time slowed for Fizzle, and then rushed forward. Next he felt himself growing tall and thin, the world stretching like clay around him. And then everything went dark.

It took a moment for Fizzle to realize that everything was as close to normality as it going to get. The stone wall was still pressing against his back, but the heavy gates - and the rest of the keep - seemed to have disappeared. The diminuitive man looked at his feet, and then immediately regretted doing so, for he appeared to be standing on nothing. Instinctively he pressed harder against the wall.

OOC: Okay, anyone who wants to take up as one of Fizzle's travelling companions (the easiest way to create a new character, I imagine, if that's what you want to do) will have just witnessed him disappearing along with the guilds (though you won't know that that's what they are). Luckily, for a few short moments some residue of the spell will be there, and anyone who rushes forward will appear inside the now transported building. They're in a state of stasis, so there's nothing around them, and no one inside of them, though any of the guildleaders can come and go as they please - except that they won't know immediately that someone has been brought along by the spell.

You shouldn't have to know the layout of the guilds very much - at all, really - to participate, since they can simply morph to fit your whims. They have disappeared, after all, for the purposes of some "reconstruction".

Fizzle sighed with relief at the faint sense of normalcy the once-stretchy world seemed to offer, but cried out and fell back when he realized the wall he was pressing against was none other than the goose-pimpled flesh of his sidekick for hire, Flat the Devilbustered Dumpling Lobber. Flat's kogoblorc* gingerwarts deepened to a sickening shade of purple, and she crossed her arms over the bosom that had earned her her nickname as she watched Fizzle back away with a petrified stare.

"Why *ribbit* Boss." Flat fluttered her prickly eyelashes as she spoke in a deep croaking voice. "I didn't know you *ribbit* cared."

"This is no time for flirtation, Flat!" Fizzle almost stamped his foot on the ground, but then remembered his situation and pointed downwards with a wild stare. "Get me a floor immediately."

"Yes *ribbit* Boss." Flat flashed a grin of beautiful pearly white teeth, then pulled out a large basting brush from the many items crammed into the region where her cleavage might have been. She promptly frog-hopped over to Fizzle's location and began spreading BBQ sauce on the platform of air surrounding his feet, painting it in dark shades of brown.

"Hope this *ribbit* works for you Boss." Flat put her basting brush back in its hiding place and reached for a lukewarm dumpling in her arm-basket, glancing in both directions in a kitchen combat stance. Ever since Fizzle had hired her, she'd been fiercely protective. The disappointment of the Special Chef Operatives rejecting her had been a difficult hit, and Fizzle was her first true employer, fo'shizzle. She had enough dumplings on her to get a small army sticky-wet. "So is this the *ribbit* castle you were talking about *ribbit*, Boss?"

* daddy was a mix of kobold and goblin, mommy was an orc