automatic?

near ecstatic

cloud of doubt

offend

lament

my actions end

)

Edited by Mardrax

Interesting poem, Mardrax. :-) The way that the lamenting caused the narrator to cease his offensive actions altogether was well done, and I like how you framed the poem in parentheses. I have a bit of trouble envisioning a ecstatic cloud of doubt (or an ecstatic cloud of any sort, for that matter), though I'm guessing those two lines are intended to be read seperately. Still tricky to envision the two side by side, but the contrast could be part of the confusion that the narrator's experiencing over his actions. I didn't quite understand the title of this piece, though it grabbed my attention... is it random, or is it meant to be a parenthesis cut off by a period or a drawing of some sort? Interesting, either way.

topic title: ( -> You must enter a topic title longer than 2 characters

*shrugs*

Uniform filler material. Might have used empty characters instead.

About my using writing symbols as titles (~ in the WW, for example). I do that all the time.

For one because mostly I can't be bothered to come up with a title for the things I write, and if they don't come up during the process of writing, I don't make one up by force.

Second the power of both suggestion and imagination that stem from using such a symbol can be much greater than a word.

Third, which really is the case here, it indicates the meaning of the poem is too important for me to be distracted by a title.

edit:

The ecstatic cloud of doubt:

Ecstatic, a state of ecstasy.

Ecstasy:

1 a : a state of being beyond reason and self-control b archaic : SWOON

2 : a state of overwhelming emotion; especially : rapturous delight

Emotion, overwhelming or not, need not be joyous by any means. Look beyond the usual.

Edited by Mardrax