The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Pigloo

Atrium

OOC: This is a scene from the story Zepheri and I are working on. Her craziest character Koja meets my craziest character S. via the best invention ever!

“Koja! Come back here!” Sy cried after him, but Koja had already disappeared into the bustling crowd.

Koja pushed past people, mostly coming up to their chests. He heard the advertising and this time he couldn’t just pass it up. When he finally burst through the edge of the crowd he came face to face with a raised platform. Atop this platform there stood a girl. She was a bit shorter than Koja and wore a red tuxedo jacket with a big black bowtie. Koja looked up at her as she was explaining to the crowd what it was they came to see.

“Come one! Come all! A once in a lifetime opportunity! Safety guaranteed or your money back! Come see the mesmerizing, the intriguing,” Koja’s eyes grew wider with each word she spoke. “The one and only…Pigloo!”

Someone in the crowd snorted. The girl shot him a hurt look, but kept with her advertisement. Koja watched the curtain behind her intently, waiting to see a gigantic…something. Without further ado, the girl walked over to the curtain.

“I must warn you all that this is my first invention, so it may go awry, but keep your seatbelts fastened and enjoy the ride! Now, I give you…” She grabbed the curtain with both hands and flung them open. “Pigloo!”

Koja almost jumped onto the stage to see what it was. At first, he saw nothing, and then, he saw a little pig walk out onto the stage. Koja’s hopes dropped almost drastically. He hoped to see a crazy invention of some kind, like a…well he wasn’t too sure himself. Maybe it was the precursor to the real invention. As he looked closer to the pig, he saw that its eyes looked empty, almost lifeless. Then, the girl spoke again.

“He’s my Pigloo! And he can do anything!”

“Oh, yea? Like what?!” a disappointed audience member shouted.

The girl simply smiled, as if she waited for this moment. Then, she rubbed her hands together and stepped back.

“Pigloo! Transform!!!” she pointed at the pig like a knight going into combat.

The pig gave a very monotonous “Oink”.

An audience member yawned, another cracked his neck with impatience, but Koja’s eyes grew to the size of crystal orbs. The pig had begun to shake. Its legs tucked into its body as its body started to grow. The head stayed the same, but the nose began to stretch out and open up. The body took on the shape of a dome and the head formed the shape of an arch. The face and ears were gone as the whole thing began to take on a metallic color.

It had transformed into…an igloo.

People left in disgust, other cracked up; everyone had a degrading reaction…except for Koja. He’d climbed up on the stage as the girl looked at the audience in shock and misery.

“I thought it was a wonderful invention! Is that all it does? Can it do more? Where’re its ears? I can see the tail still. Can I go inside it?” Koja got down on his hands and knees to crawl inside the Pigloo, but was stopped by the girl.

“No, you can’t go inside him! Please get up.”

Koja stood up to look at her. “You look sad. Don’t worry about what those other people said. I love it! Can I have one? Are they for sale? I don’t have much, but-”

“No, they’re not for sale. I only have one. He’s mine. You can’t have him! Pigloo, transform!”

The Pigloo turned back into a pig and with another monotonous “Oink” moved over to the girl.

“…My name’s Koja,” Koja stated, trying to change the subject and maybe make a new friend.

“My name is S.” the girl replied.

“You shouldn’t worry about those other people, though, really. I thought your Pig- Pig…”

“Pigloo.”

“Yes! I thought your Pigloo was great!”

“Thank you…” her face seemed to lighten up a bit. “He’s my first invention. I love him!” S smiled.

“Does he do anything else?”

“No, he only transforms into an igloo, but he’s the greatest invention ever!”

Just then, the curtain moved and a rather tall dark elf stepped out from behind it.

“S, is everything alright out here?”

S nodded. “I was just speaking to this audience member about the Pigloo, Syth. The other people didn’t like him!” she exclaimed with a pout.

“I’m sorry to hear that, but we should probably get started on your next show.”

“Alright, Syth,” S replied as he disappeared back behind the curtain. She turned back around.

Koja was gone and so was the Pigloo.

“Hey!” S shouted, seeing him walking calmly away into the crowd. “Get back here! That’s my Pigloo!!!”

She hopped off the platform and began chasing him.

Edited by Silus

Judging by this scene, it definitely looks like a cute story Silus. :-) I like the interactions between Koja and S, and enjoyed the Pigloo's pun-ish name and continual monotonous oinks. His tranformation process was cool, though I couldn't help but draw comparisons to Meatwad* from Adult Swim's Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Perhaps Pigloo is Meatwad's distant cousin, only with an aversion to turning into a hot dog due to his pork background? This scene was a bit confusing me due to the lack of context... would it be possible to fill us in with a brief rundown of what's happened in the story so far, up to the beginning of this scene?

Anyway, it's difficult to judge by a single scene, but this story looks fun and enjoyable. :-) Out of curiousity, in what way are you and Zepheri collaborating on it? Are you each writing seperate posts for it, or are you collabing on it line by line?

Thanks for sharing this here. ^_^

* I'm no Adult Swim expert, but Meatwad can only transform into a frank or an igloo if I'm not mistaken. Thanks, Dangerdoom!

well, actually, to be honest, i created Pigloo about...five years ago when i started my other story about Syth, it's sort of a crossover of stories that i wanted to do, and what better place than a carnival? umm, as for how it's being written, basically, Zepheri and I are using both of our characters from two different stories of ours. We found the stories so similar that we decided to combine them. She's doing the writing part, but i'm sort of "standing over her shoulder" in a sense and letting her know what my character(s) would do in the situation(s). the only reason we aren't co-writing is our writing styles are so different. but we both created the world together. Thank you for your comments and such. ^_^

Edited by Silus