The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

HawkWing's Arrival

Sparhawk

A sudden cold chill filled the air as HawkWing walked confidently to the center of town, to where the Tavern was. HawkWing’s Long Cloak flapped violently in the wind. HawkWing decided he didn’t want to be outside any longer then he had to so he hurried along to the inn and was there before anyone else could blink. He opened the door to the inn and it slammed against the wall, partly because of the force he used to open the door and partly because of the force of the wind. At first he seemed like a normal person just coming by for a drink and looking for a room. Then he threw open his cloak and uncovered his head and his rough course features became more apparent. He had strange black hair that stood up in the shape of a lightning bolt, he looked no more then a man in his early 20's, but his eyes showed much more. He had a scar over his right eye, and his ears were only slightly pointed to show he was only half-elf, but what was strangest of all was the black monkey like tail he kept wrapped around his waist. He wore a Silver Breast Plate underneath his long traveler’s cloak, along with white boots and Navy Blue Vam Braces on each of his wrists. He wore a Dragon’s Pendant around his neck to show he was from a strong bloodline. What was weirder still was the fact that he kept no visible weapon on him. Without a single word he went straight to the counter and asked for a room for the night, and some Ale to wet his whistle.

Wyvern raised a claw to his chin and stared at the stranger in a mixture of confusion and awe. The Almost Dragonic Brand Discomfort Inn™ and accompanying cardboard cut-out town had been a miserable failure from day one, probably due its location in the backwoods of the Pen's Courtyard, only a few minutes walking distance from the free rooming of the Pen Keep. The reptilian Elder had come to tear the place down and use the cardboard for a new design of Almost Dragonic Brand Go(Slow)Carts™, but it seemed that his luck may have taken a turn for the marketable. He flashed a toothy grin at the stranger and rapped his claws on the counter.

"A room for the night?! Why of coursssse." The overgrown lizard pulled out a massive pamphlet of sheets and set them on the counter in front of HawkWing. "It's 800 geld for the floor, or 1000 geld if you want to rest on the rug on the floor. There's also a manditory 50 geld fee for letting chilly air into the room, it'sss a delicate essstablishment ya know?"

Wyvern flipped the twenty page pamphlet open to the first page, then pointed at a dotted line at the bottom of it.

"Just put a check mark next to floor or rug, depending where ya wanna sleep, then sign here." Wyvern began flipping through the pages. "And here, here, here, here, here, and here. And here as well."

"Hmmm." HawkWing frowned and raised a brow at the long document, noticing the words "investment" and "agreement of consent" written over several pages. "I don't know, the prices seem steep."

"For luxury such as thisss, it's a small price!" Wyvern waved a claw in the air, accentuating the dingy look of the single room of cardboard and rotting wood. "And if you sign up and pay now, I'm gonna throw in a ssspecial offer. Wait here."

Wyvern turned towards a makeshift coat hangar resting at the corner of the bar, then paused and turned back to HawkWing for a moment. He reached under the bar counter and pulled out a cardboard cut-out of a waitress, then leaned it against the seat next to HawkWing's before racing over to the coat hangar. The lizard tossed on a large white coat and pulled out a folder labeled "Devil's Advocate" as he reapproached HawkWing.

"Buy a night on the floor or rug today, and get a haircut absolutely free! My barber credentials." Wyvern pulled a sheet of paper from his folder and handed it to HawkWing. The Saiyan stared at the blank sheet of paper and frowned, flinching as Wyvern began measuring his lightning hair with a long ruler. "So waddaya say? I could turn this into an afro in no time..."

;-)

A tendril of a smokey grey trailed into the inn after the unknown half elf.

It floated around the (apart from the scaly proprietor and the newcomer) bleakly empty room for a few moments as Wyvern went into his sales pitch, its forward end turning into brown strands next to the two people's feet, as its rear end blew in through the door.

Slowly, the smokey matter solidified, turning into a mangled looking heap of dark blue cloth, and as its rear end drew in, a pair of boots made from something no one present could put a name on.

The heap came to movement in a stutter, rising up from the floor, the tangled clutch of hair on top sweeping the floor as it rose. Two hands came out of the cloth, first brushing the hair from a face clearly in discomfort, the pulling the cloth into its proper shape, nervously straightening every last bit.

"I'm dreadfully sorry to interrupt Mister Wyvern's business here my dear mister... what's your name again? But I think I can offer you a bit more comfortable lodging at a price I'm sure will sound a lot less steep. Not that I know much about this form of currency, but at least I can try, and I seem to be in a bit of a stretch currently as I find myself in need of what I would think to be quite a small quantity of this... geld... Based on what Mister Wyvern here is asking."

The man bent closer to one of the stranger's pointy ears and went into a whisper "Although I'm very sure he will charge me more for this incursion, and especially for... rivaling his enterprise."

He stood still for a second, seemingly in deep thought, then appeared to come by, straightened again and went back into normal speech.

"But... where have my manners gone? Mardrax is the name, my good sir, and Mister Wyvern here I've already met, though again, I bid you a fine day... Had I not done that before? Oooh! How rude of me! Well then by all means, I bid you so now," a slight pause, followed by a startled look, and an outstretched hand. "And to you too ofcourse mister..."

OOC: Buccaneers and robbers ahoy! :pirate: ;-)

Edited by Mardrax

HawkWing looked at the hand a little hesitantly at first before taking it. "My name is HawkWing." Looked around the room and the rug before turning back to Wyvern. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to decline your offer. I never was much of one for sleeping on the floor or a rug. Not to mention the prices you offer your lodgings at are atrocious to say the least."

HawkWing put and arm around Mardrax's shoulder and started to lead him away from Wyvern a little so that they could talk business of their own. "Now then, you were saying you could offer better lodgings at a cheaper price? If you may, could you please show me these lodgings of yours. Oh and food, I hope you have lots of food and cooks because I'm hungry and I could quite literally eat an Elephant right now and still have room for dessert." HawkWing's face took on a serious tone for a moment. "By the way Mardrax, you wouldn't happen to know when the next full moon is would you? I'd really hate to be caught in another full moon like I was the last time..."

((OOC: HawkWing when he has his tail still and full moons = very bad.))

Wyvern stood baffled. This new kid had the guts to just try to swipe his business from under him?

As HawkWing turned around, laying an arm around the other man's shoulder though, he could just stand and watch. He'd been there before, and he wasn't going to try to butt in there the coming few moments.

Trough his little monologue, HawkWing felt Mardrax tremble incresingly under his arm, though he wasn't about to be swayed to take up the lizard's steep pricing that fast, so he continued on talking.

"I'd really hate to be caught in a full moon like I was the last time..."

"Git yer...NO! Get out! NOW!"

Mardrax collapsed onto his kneels and elbows, his hands clutching his temples.

He just sat there for a few moments and, sensing his opportunity clear, Wyvern moved in a few steps.

"Now my dear tailed friend, I'm sssure you don't have to be so rasssh as that. How about I give you our special simian dissscount? Just for today I can offer you a fine resting place on our special Almost Draconic Brand™ Sssuper Comfortable Rug for just 800 geld! And I'll tosss in a breakfast too!" He bent in his neck a little closer. "An I might even be able to throw in some ssspecial cardb... I mean... company for the night."

He backed off just as quickly as he saw the crouching man rising again.

He stretched his limbs out entirely, and while he tilted his neck this way and that, he started speaking again, two tiny flecks of red just barely visibly fading from his pupils.

"I'm awfully sorry about that my good man, but I would like to ask you to refrain from touching me like... that... to prevent further incident. Now about your lodging problem."

He began rummaging through his pockets, his arms dissapearing up to his elbows, occasionaly coming up with some weird item, then putting it back into another pocket, mumbling lines such as "What's this doing here?" and "I should really tidy this up once." When eventually, he withdrew both hands simultaneously, holding a small black stone in his left, and a small white egglike thing in his right.

"I think these would suit your needs just fine if only you'd just tell me exactly what you'd like.... And all for... What have I gotten myself into this time? And all for the price of 100 geld."

Edited by Mardrax

"Hey! HEY!" Wyvern threw his arms in the air and let out a snort of disbelief, storming towards HawkWing and Mardrax in a fit of waving scales. The overgrown lizard pointed an accusatory claw at HawkWing. "Lemme remind you that there's a manditory 50 geld fee for letting chilly air into the room, so better pay up now! I should be charging you for the front door as well, but I'm in a forgiving mood today... Consider it part of the discount."

Wyvern turned his claw in the direction of Mardrax and opened his maw to blare out obscenities, but paused as he viewed the rock and egg that he held in his hands. The lizard covered his snout with a claw and began snorting with laughter, nudging HawkWing lightly with a scaly elbow.

"Yeah, so *snicker* what'll it be HawkWing?" Wyvern waved his claws towards Mardrax's two objects in a noble bow. "A rock to sleep on and a single egg for breakfast for 100 geld, or a rug to sssleep on and a full four-course cardboard breakfast for 800 geld?"

The overgrown lizard grinned confidently and rubbed a claw on his shirt, wearing down the cheap fabric in the process.

"I think the wissse decision is obvious here. Besides, I'm certain a haircut would be worth more than 700 geld to you at this point..."

HawkWing stared at the two of them with a blank face. "Alright, since I myself am in a good mood today as well, I'll give you the 50 Geld for letting chilly air into this...establishment of yours." HawkWing reached into his pocket and drew out five 10 Geld coins, and handed them over to Wyvern." I do not, however, care to sleep on a rug, the floor, or a rock. I'll have you know the air itself is a LOT more comfortable than any of those 3 things you've mentioned to me." HawkWing levitates into the air and then positions himself laying on his back, in the air, just to prove his point. After proving his point, HawkWing put his feet firmly back on the floor again.

"Now you will either get me a soft bed to sleep on tonight, and NEVER mention cutting my hair again, or I will go with Mister Mardrax here and follow him to his establishment where I'm sure he can offer me a soft bed for the night, without a haircut." HawkWing gave Wyvern a look that would make the average person run in fear. "And let me warn you. You are beginning to get on my nerves, and I have a very short temper, and you do not wish to see me angry." HawkWing continued to stare down into Wyvern's eyes, without even blinking once.

Edited by Sparhawk

"Well... Like I said before Mister... HawkWing? I can offer you anything you want, you just have to name your desires to the letter... I'm afraid I cannot guarantee your satisfaction otherwise. If all you want is a soft bed to sleep on though, that can easily be arranged."

The man stood for a while, seemingly in deep thought. His right hand sank back into his pocket while he combed through his tangled mass of hair with the other hand. Suddenly he seemed to awaken, a look of honest shock on his face as he withdrew his hand from his pocket.

In it was a blue stick, with small white hairs sticking at a straight angle out of it on one end.

"Oh my, now where did that go?"

The hand went back into the pocket, grabbing around while, the other hand unerringly getting caught up in his hair again.

"Ah yes! Here it is" The hand came back out, the small white object held firm once again. "Now, what did you desire again? A soft bed... and breakfast... right? Did you have anything specific in mind, or would you like me to just... how do you say that?... Get wild?"

Edited by Mardrax

HawkWing thought about it for a minute, his anger subsiding. "I would like a soft bed, a room with no windows to the outside, and a roof over my head. The most important thing to remember here is the fact that I cannot have a window to the outside in my room, or even holes in the roof or walls where moonlight can seep in. Whatever happens I cannot be caught looking at the Full Moon." HawkWing thought about what else he wanted for a minute before continuing. "Is it possible to ask for a room with two beds? I'm expecting a friend of mine to meet me here soon, so he'll need a place to sleep as well. A bath tub would be nice as well, I'm tired of smelling and looking dirty all the time. As for breakfast, use your imagination for now, lots of meat would be nice, but I'll eat almost anything...and you better make a lot too, sometimes I can't stop eating for a while. And I think that is all I need for now."

HawkWing fishes around in his pockets for some more Geld, and then pulls out a small pouch with about 1000 Geld pieces in it. "Would 500 Geld be enough you think?" HawkWing pours some out into his hand and starts counting some coins in his hand.

Mardrax stood there, staring dumbfounded at HawkWing, surprised at the fact that someone was actually willing to do business with him.

HawkWing looked up from his counting for a brief minute and saw the look on Mardrax's face. "What am I thinking, of course 500 isn't good enough. Something like this will cost more like 1000 Geld." HawkWing puts all the money back in the pouch and hands it all to Mardrax. "Here take it all, I'm quite certain the lodgings will be well worth it."

HawkWing turned his back on Wyvern and motioned for Mardrax to lead the way to his establishment. "Well then, shall we go now? Or must we bid our adieus still to Mister Wyvern?"

Wyvern glanced from the tiny white bed in the palm of Mardrax's hand to the pleased expression on HawkWing's face in fascination. The reptilian Elder pocketed his 50 geld and raised a claw to make a statement, only to find himself lacking the words to express the difference in size. Wyvern grumbled to himself and shook his head, then turned to leave only to freeze up as a strange sensation took hold of him. He stood still for a long moment, then slowly turned back towards HawkWing and Mardrax with a toothy sneer on his face.

"Hardy Har Haarrrr." Wyvern's beady eyes flashed a strange shade of blue, and his voice took on a deeper and more rugged tone. The spirit of Morty "Codfish" McCernan seemed to hover around the lizard's nonchalant claw gestures and sense of bravado, savoring the last fleeting moments of International Talk like a Pirate Day. "And how're ya goin' ta fit yer bulky landlubbin' bones in that tiny shrimp of a cushion? I wouldn't think ya'd even manage to fit a jag o' dat frozen octopus hair o' yers, harharhar!"

Wyvern stuck his chin up and flexed his scaly not-so-impressive chest. The black asp on his leg seemed to parrot his words with hisses.

"I ain't afraid o' no feathery monkey-tailed buffoon." Wyvern raised a claw and shook it at HawkWing. "I could give ya a full moon right here, and it would still end with my salty spit in yer face, harharhar!"

HawkWing turned back to face Wyvern, madness seeping into his features, as he let his anger get control of him, something he hadn't done for a long time. If one were to look closely enough at HawkWing, they would notice something odd...the air around him appeared to be steaming. The reason for that was the fact that HawkWing's anger had reached it's boiling point...literally. His power was boiling the water molecules in the air around him and making steam rise all around him.

It was at that moment that he grabbed Wyvern by the throat and threw him up against the wall, while keeping a firm grip on his neck, and gave him a look that would send shivers down anyone's spine. He held his one hand away from him, with his palm open and face up, and you could see light forming in the palm of his hand. Then he turned back to Wyvern and yelled. "WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO ME IN A FULL MOON!?!?! I DOUBT VERY MUCH YOU'LL DO ANY SPITTING OF ANY SORT AT ALL. HOWEVER, I KNOW WORDS ALONE WILL NOT CONVINCE YOU, SO SEE FOR YORUSELF HOW TERRIFYING AN EXPERIENCE THIS CAN BE!!!!!" At that moment, HawkWing threw the ball of light high up into the air inside the Pen Keep, and it just hovered in the air and shown down on HawkWing, and as it did HawkWing appeared to grow a little, and his teeth seemed to sharpen into fangs. Before he lost complete control over himself though, he turned back to the crowd that had gathered and shouted. "IF YOU WANT TO TURN ME BACK TO NORMAL ONCE I CHANGE YOU'LL HAVE TO DESTROY THAT BALL OF LIGHT IN THE SKY!" HawkWing slipped his shoulder pack off of his shoulders and onto the floor, and it was at that moment that his clothes shred themselves to pieces and lay on the floor, for HawkWing's hulking body finally got too big for his clothes to stay on, and it was at that moment that hair started to grow all through his body. His mouth and nose lengthened into a long snout, and his eyes squinted in a little to the shape of sideways diamonds. Then his face was covered with hair as well, and this entire time he was still increasing in size. When his transformation was complete, he stood about 50 feet tall, his tail had grown to be about 20 feet long and 5 feet thick. There stood before everyone was a giant Oozaru, or WereMonkey.

Now this would be all fine and dandy...if HawkWing had control of himself...unfortunetly, like most were animals, HawkWing had absolutely no control over himself whatsoever when in this form. It was at this point HawkWing turned an eye towards Wyvern and breathed hot and sweaty breath onto him, from his nostrils, and then backhanded him across the room. At this point HawkWing proceeded to beat his chest with his fists and then let out a massive roar throughout the entire establishment. But that wasn't enough for him, it was at that moment he let lose a terrible beam weapon, from his mouth. It sent tables and chairs flying and then hit Wyvern's establishment dead on.

((OOC: You can decide what damage was done...apparently you have really good Magical Barriers protecting your establishment, so I guess we'll see then...good thing the cieling is high enough so that HawkWing doesn't have to break through the roof to transform...

(Picture of an Oozaru)

|

|

|

\|/

Posted Image ))

Edited by Sparhawk

The smell of burning paper was strong. Smoke was rising from the entire cardboard town within a few moments after the tavern had caught fire. The wind still howling around and through every nook and cranny, sweeping up the flames and causing the few mock residences (the ones which hadn't fallen over and been crushed by one of the ape's massive feet) in the artificial hamlet to quickly catch fire afterwards. Their collective incinerations had provided an uncomfortable heat for the cut-out inhabitants of the town. The flames whirling up at the sky.

Two figures came walking out of the windswept ashes, leaning on eachother, dragging eachother out into the chilly night.

"That's the second time today I get hurt. I'll scam myself into a life insurance one of these days." One of the two snarled over the crackling flames and the ape pounding on his chest.

He sat down against the cross-section board of a treetrunk on the outskirts of what must have been one of his worst investments ever, two claws rubbing his neck.

The second sat down against the tree as well, still coughing as he did so.

"I apologised for this morning Sir, I really didn't mean to.."

"Yeah, yeah, it's fine"

The man coughed violently again, a small cloud of ash flying from his hair as he did so.

The tree fell over as he sat back, forming a neat cross when it had landed, the paper foliage folding underneath itself.

The ape was now kicking at the piles of ashes, a good stone's throw away from the two refugees. Which is exactly what happened. Mardrax stood up and, after rummaging for a few seconds, pulled the black stone he'd held before out of one of his pockets. He held it for a second or two, then threw it at the ape's backside.

The stone flew straight, stretching in its flight, elongating. It grew perfectly cylindrical, a sharp point adorning its tip. The pen halted in mid-air, just before hitting the overgrown simian. It started moving, drawing out long lines, from the ground to just above the ape's head.

As it passed before the kaiju's face, the ape first noticed it. It was however, too late. It tried to grab the pen, tried to crush it between its fingers, but the pen was too fast. Before a few seconds had passed, the ape was completely immobilised by the myriad of lines running all around him. All of them unbudging no matter how much of its phenomenal strength it used to try to break them. Its mouth had been securely muzzled, unable to open it an inch.

All it could do was growl behind its teeth, and it did so vigorously.

The light cast from the orb died down as that too was encapsulated in lines until it's case was completely solid and not a single ray of light peeked through.

The ape gradually shrunk back to its normal size, the excessive ammounts of hair drawing back into its skin, the fangs retracting, the eyes settling back into their natural position. HawkWing finally collapsed in his black harness. The pen had rushed in, quickly drawing the man some underwear before he came to.

The two figures stood in the quickly dying light cast from the smoldering ruins of what Wyvern once thought of as a very good investment but which had turned out an empty promise.

"At least now I can repay you.", Mardrax said. He took the pouch HawkWing had handed him before he threw his little temper tantrum out of one of his pockets, and reached into it.

"Now let's see Mister Wyvern... Ten, twenty, thirty, fourty, fifty geld. Take it, it's yours. And I do hope I've paid off my fine with this."

Edited by Mardrax

Somewhere downwind

Tzimfemme sniffed, looked askance at her mug of hot chocolate, inhaled its vapor, shook her head, set the mug on an armrest, sniffed the air, and looked upwards for patience. A few seconds later, Appy detected the scent as well, and broke off telling the kaffeeklatsch about hot guys and hard times. "Phew! It smells like books burning!" she remarked, and waved at the air in order to clear it. Tzimfemme and Morgane both opened mini-portals; Morgane's propelled fresher air into the area, while Tzimfemme's spat out the Conservatory insurance papers, a claim form, and a quill.

• 4 weeks later...

HawkWing stirred in his sleep, as he started to come to. As he started to sit up, he could feel the air a little more than normal, and suddenly remembered what he had done, and quickly hurried into his pack to get his change of clothes. Once he was fully clothed, he stood up and looked around to see what kind of damage was done to the place.

When he saw the damage, he gave a low whistle, surprised to see just how much damage had been done. "I can't believe I let myself lose control of my temper like that and cause this much damage..." He then turned to Mardrax and apologized for all the trouble he must have put him through. "I'm really sorry for whatever I might have done when I was transformed like that... I really lose complete control of myself when I'm transformed like that... Again, I'm really sorry, and I promise to keep better control of my temper next time. Speaking of my transformation btw... would you happen to have a copy of the Lunar Calendar handy? It would be nice to know when the Full Moons are, that way I can make sure to stay out of them."

Edited by Sparhawk

"Well... Yes, an apology would be in order I think, but I do think this kind... Sir whose tavern you've incinerated should be the one getting it, not me. In fact, I believe it was me who started this unpleasant situation by trying to cut in on his establishment's business. I am quite alright though, I believe. About that calendar, I think Mister Wyvern here would be more than able to help you to one, as I am quite unfamiliar with this system's lunar circumstances."

"Ah, yes, I do suppose you're right. It is Mister Wyvern's tavern that I wrecked after all." HawkWing turned to Mister Wyvern and bowed his head down as he apologized. "I'm really very sorry... I try to keep my temper under control a lot better than that... but with everything you had been saying and doing, I just lost it completely. I do hope you can forgive me, and maybe at the same time you could build yourself an even better and more hospitable establishment than this one was... I do believe you'd get a lot more business if you tried to spend your money a little more instead of always over charging for very cheap lodgings. Anyways, enough of that. I would really appreciate a Lunar Calendar, if you have one. I'm even willing to pay for it... pay a REASONABLE price that is."

"Ugh-gh"

Mardrax and Hawkwing stare down at Wyvern and await his responses to their questions, oblivious to the lizard's twisted limbs and crooked tail in light of their obvious lack of experience with mortal beings. They start to pick up on the overgrown lizard's state when his tongue rolls out and his head flaps back in an unconscious state.

"Strange, I could've sworn he was standing and talking a few moments ago" Mardrax, somewhat delusional, attempts to place the bag of geld in Wyvern's claws again. He winces as he notices that the claw isn't facing quite the right direction, and lets the geld pouch slip from it. "Hmmm, if I didn't know any better, I'd say he's taking his time and thinking the whole thing through."

Hawkwing nods sheepishly as the flames continue to roar throughout the area, causing billows of black smoke to rise from the ruins of the cardboard town. A cardboard saloon comes crashing down, its ashes caught in the wind. Mardrax and Hawkwing glance at one another, then step aside as two lizardmen wearing gass masks and carrying a hospital stretcher arrive to pick up the injured Wyvern. The underlings load Wyvern onto the stretcher and carry him off in the direction of the Pen Keep, stumbling and dropping him every now and then as they make their way through the flames and carboard rubble.

OOC: Sorry folks. I was recently told you were awaiting a response from me in this thread, but thought you'd realize that Wyvern would be outta the picture after being strangled and backhanded across the town. :-p He's kinda durable in a way I guess (he has healed and recovered from this since... many would have been paralyzed afterwards!), but he's by no means invincible or even powerful I'm afraid. Anyway, consider this Wyv's exit from the thread. The healing process has already taken place over the course of other threads (you can read about the bandages he got off of this over here if you haven't yet), and he's back to normal now. Sorry for the confusion, once again.

OOC: *grin* Seen that, seen at least one other reference as well. The gap in history needed a filling though :P

----

The two men eye eachother again as the medics rushed off, carrying the disabled almost-dragon between them. The younger looking one shrugs, a quizical look on his face as a hand once again wanders off into his now tangled and soot-covered mass of hair.

"Well, that was a quick departure if I ever saw one."

A few coughs followed, the small rain of ash coming from his hair blowing into his nose and mouth. Withdrawing the hand from his hair, he continued: "Pardon me for that. Quite efficient, the medical staff here. Quite rude as well though, they didn't even say goodbye. One even..."

A few more coughs, as he forced the hand out of his hair again, and into his pocket.

"Pardon again. What was I about to say? Ah, yes. One even looked at me as if I was the cause of all this."

Hawkwing eyed him in return, over the few seconds of silence that followed, until his would-be housing supplier started talking again.

"I do think you owe him another apology, at a time when he'll be more probable to hear and understand it. A visit to wherever he's taken might help. I hear fruitbaskets and flowers would be a proper addition to that. I could show you the way to his chambers if you'd like. You could wait for him there, or enquire to his whereabouts. You also might be able to obtain an empty room at the keep. I fear my pen has run out of ink, so getting you one myself would prove hard indeed."

• 3 months later...

HawkWing scoffed at the notion of going out of his way to apologize to that slimy lizard who deserved most of what he got. "I'm afraid I'll have to let him reap what he sows. I absolutely refuse to go out of my way to apologize to that slimy lizard, especially not when he deserved most of what he got."

HawkWing peered up into the daylight, almost as if sensing something was coming and was looking to see if he could see it. "Now then, you said something about your pen being out of ink and that you could no longer provide me with a place to stay? Hmm, that is quite troublesome indeed. I do apologize for causing you so much trouble. I hope the gold I gave you earlier can help compensate for your pen running out of ink on you, and all because of me too."

HawkWing peered off into the sky again, this time one could clearly tell he was searching the skies for something. "You mentioned something about possibly finding a room at this 'Keep'? Could you show me the way, please? And hurry, I do fear it won't be safe out here for very much longer."

((OOC: Sooooo, who is all surprised to see me making a post here after so many months? Oh and if you read up a little, in case you've forgotten, you should be able to tell a bit of a mood change in HawkWing, feel free to have your character notice this as well, it's meant to be noticed.))

Edited by Sparhawk