The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Location Auction - Call for descriptions

So you're getting your taste of item bidding from Sweetcherrie's Item Auction booth. But what about your taste of describing the items and voting on which one fits the name? This year, since the theme is travelling and locations, we're giving you three places to describe. Read the names, let your imagination go wild, and PM me (please put Location Auction or some such somewhere in the subject) with anything that you think up that can fit the given name. You may write for all or none or anywhere in between. If you have more than one description for a given name, that's okay too. I will wait about one week and then start the polls. If you want to submit a description late, then fine, but no changing of votes will be allowed. I'll describe the voting process further once we start that, but for now, just read the names and submit a description.

The Library of Lang-thii

The Beach of Silent Waves

Watcher's Hill

Things you may want to cover:

Outdoors: History, inhabitants (culture, language, etc), plants, animals, weather, reputation, geography, surrounding area

Indoors: Location

Both: All five senses ;) What's it look like? Any interesting smells? And so forth.

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to put up the auctions today. But there wouldn't be much of an auction, what with 2 descriptions covering three locations. Any input on any of the three places would be greatly appreciated, but the second location especially since it happens to be the one lacking anything.

If you've been considering sending something, please do it! I didn't mean to imply that you have to cover all or even most of the areas listed, by the way, those are only for inspiration, really, or to help those who want to be really complete. Leaving things out only means that the buyer can use their imagination a bit, which is perfectly okay. So don't be turned away just because you can't think of very much to say.

PS. Thanks to those who have participated. Your time is appreciated.

Edited by Katzaniel

Okay, I can't wait any longer. Those that PM'd me saying there's a description on the way: it's going to have to be late, after the start of the voting.

The rules: The polls will be on for approximately a week. (Maybe more, but not less). Everyone and anyone who can read the descriptions may vote, but only once per poll. Decide which description was written the best, or the most amusing, or best describes a location that you would like to bid on at the auction, or any other criteria you wish. No changing of votes, please.

When the week is up, we'll move on to the auctions. That's where everyone gets the chance to bid on the locations that won the polls. These locations may be used however you wish: during your date (the bachelorette auctions, or even later down the road...), as a week-end getaway for your character, as a challenge to overcome, as something in your origin, or more. We only hope that they provide good inspiration.

Okay. Let the polls begin.

(Questions may be directed here, please.)

Er... sorry if there's a double-post here but I think I closed the posting window.

My PM box is full, and I don't have the time at the moment to remedy that, so I don't think I can recieve PMs. Plus I'm going away for 4 or 5 days tonight, internet access uncertain. Anyway, if you have something to add to this, please PM another guildleader (Patrick, Mynx, Gryphon, Mira, Cryptomancer) or other mod-type.

Oh, and I guess I may not end the poll until I get back. Maybe. Don't count on that though.