The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The World of Two Skies

Yui-chan

Friends,

As of yesterday, the World of Two Skies is officially closed. For those of you that aren't familiar with the site, it was a roleplaying and writing environment that some Pen members helped me create about 6 years ago, and it has been home to a number of fun adventures and interesting characters since then. Unfortunately, as we've all grown up and moved along in our lives, it has slowly become less and less relevant to who we've become, and after some discussions, the members have agreed that it's time for it to be left behind entirely.

I'm pretty sure that everyone with any writing there has already either had a chance to archive their work or let me know that they will need it, but I wanted to make sure to catch everyone. If any of you had something on the closed board that you wanted to save, just let me know by PM or by email (yui-chan AT twoskies DOT net). I'm incapable of actually deleting data (:P), but I'd appreciate it if you let me know as soon as possible. Once I archive the database, retrieving your work becomes much more difficult.

Thank you. And to those of you who were familiar with Twoskies and came along for the ride, thanks for years of fun and some really great stories. I know I'll always remember the site and our adventures there very fondly.

Yours,

~Yui-chan - the ghost of the Eternal Tavern

Wyvern nods in Yui's direction, then motions with a claw and watches as Bravery and Sexy step through the Cabaret Room doors. The Elder dwarves grunt as they lift a cloaked object between themselves, and hobble towards the back wall before setting it on the ground. Wyvern wanders to the wall and removes a "Buy Almost Dragonic Brand Woodie Shaving Tooth Picks™" poster that rests there, revealing a small sign on the wall that reads "Use this space only for important purposes!" He then snaps a claw, and Bravery and Sexy position the square object in the empty spot. They remove the cover of the object in a flourish, revealing a portrait of two clouds conjoined in perfect symmettry. On the lower frame of the portrait is a gold plaque, which reads

Twin Skies born and bound as whole/

Bonds of friendship. Everlasting soul.

OOC: Long live the World of the Two Skies... may its spirit always live on here in the Pen. :-)

OOC: Long live the World of the Two Skies... may its spirit always live on here in the Pen. :-)

Thanks, Wyvie. :) You've reminded me of another thing I'd meant to say. I will be posting up the setting descriptions for Twoskies in the Portal room here at the Pen, so maybe it'll inspire someone to spawn a new story or two in the future. Ideas never die.

Yep,

~Yui