The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Aladin's a whole new world as never heard before.

Well i have a little story for you. Once upon a time there was a little boy.................. . Not really :P

Well its half term and I found myself singing this song in my head whiltst watching Aladin with my son. It made me chuckle to myself, but that could be because i'm a little simple.

Anyway its a work in progress , above all just some fun and if anyone out there can think of new verses that would be great. Its sung to the tune of a whole new world. Hope it makes you smile.

Aladin reworked for teachers.

I can see the world,

Its an indescribable feeling,

No more planning or marking,

Its a social life i seek.

A whole new world,

Full of, beer and lots of fun,

I’m gonna stay up late

and sleep till noon.

A social life.

With my friends and family,

Cause the kids I teach

are far from reach

A whole new world

for this next week, I seek.

:D:D:D:D:)

Xesse taps her foot on the paperwork strewn under her chair and glances towards the Rolodex clock at the corner of the Office. Her eyes widen at the late position of the hour hand, and the prospect of waiting another week for a new world suddenly seems to lose its appeal. Her eyes focus on the second hand of the clock as it ticks by in sluggish fractions of an inch, wondering how much longer it might take for the infamous Elder of Initiates to arri-

"Ssssssorry for being a lil' tardy."

Xesse jumps up at the sound of a reptilian voice, and turns to find Wyvern standing by the Office door. The overgrown lizard sneers at her, then pauses in a quirky jerk and turns to slam the door behind himself.

"Forgot the signature noisyness." Wyvern lets out a snicker, then hops towards his desk and pulls xesse's application sheet from the top of the paperwork pile.

"Your last piece is still ssso vivid in my mind." Wyvern winks as his forked tongue flicks from his mouth in stalking serpent fashion. A smile grows on the lizard's face as his eyes reach the end of the page. "Ahha, a school teacher placed in a setting that should've fallen to Jafaar's knees if there was any justice in this fantasy world. Well, I have something that you might be interested in."

Xesse raises a brow as Wyvern begins digging into the endless rubbage under his desk like some sort of scaled scavenger mole. The lizard resurfaces with a laugh, and holds out a worn, faded old rug for xesse to see.

"It'sss a whooollle neeeewwwww mmuralllll (don't you dare close your eyes)!" Xesse cringes, caught between the sight of the ugly rug and Wyvern's off-pitch singing. "It evveeeennn uncurrrrlllllls (but don't sssay I didn't warn you)!"

Xesse steps back as Wyvern approaches. "Wh-what is it?"

"An Almost Dragonic Brand Magic Detention Office Rug™, perfect for any school teacher in search of adventure. Just watch it work its magical fogging powers!"

Wyvern beats the rug down, and a huge cloud of white fills the room. After several fits of coughing, the dust settles and the white silouhette of xesse stares at Wyvern, unimpressed. Wyvern lets out a nervous laugh, then reaches for a stamp on his desk.

"Ch-chalk dussst, don'tcha know..." Wyvern stamps xesse's application ACCEPTED, then sniffs and clutches his snout with a claw. The reptilian Elder's eyes widen in a knowing grip of fear, and he races out of the Office before any incendiary damage is done.

;-)

OOC: An ACCEPTED application, xesse. Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) I'm glad that you reapplied, and hope that you find us a welcoming and friendly community to share your writing in. I apologize for the lateness in responding, and look forward to reading more of your stuff and participating with you in community events. Once again, welcome!