A heartfelt emotion

A slip of the tongue

A faint gasp

A skip of the heart

Air rushing into the lungs

It's over?

Already?

A Kiss

Caralyn set her poem on Melba's cluttered desk confidently and found an empty seat against the wall. Her poem was small, true, but she liked it and hoped the elders would too. Pulling a small knife from her boot, she began to clean her claws.

Caralyn gently tucked her knife back in her boot and gazed around the room. She wondered if she'd actually get to see this Wyvern fellow. She'd heard quite a bit about him. Leaning back in the chair, she yawned big and stretched lankily. Her journey had been long and she was a bit tired, but she refused to fall asleep just yet. Picking through a small pouch, she pulled out a bit of dried meat and gnawed on it with hunger and boredom.

After finishing off the dried meat, Caralyn pulled out a piece of parchment and a pen.

I never thought

I'd see love like this

The love that shows

in those big brown eyes

Makes me smile

And feel like

I'm on top of the world

MOMMY!!!

The words that sound like heaven

Forever and Always

I am a mother

Caralyn looked over her poem once more and then sneaked it in with her other one on Melba's extremely cluttered desk.

Caralyn hums to herself as she finishes sharpening her claws. She admires the elegence of their maximum potential, then tucks her knife back into her boot and lets her humming fade to a sigh. Her eyes dart to the oyster perpetual Rolodex clock standing in the corner of the room, and she squints to make sure she's not imagining the late hour. As she leans back in her applicant easychair, she wonders if she'll have to sharpen her claws again before the evening's out, just to get the Elder of Initiate's attention.

Caralyn's question is answered as the Office door flies open and Wyvern barges into the room. The overgrown lizard wears an odd fisherman-style hat with various postage stamps attached to it and a return address written on its front rim. He drops the large suitecase he carries with a clank and rubs at an amulet-shaped bruise on his scaly left cheek, only to freeze and turn upon spotting the feline applicant.

"A moment pleasssse." Wyvern strikes half a bow, then rushes to one of the overflowing file cabinets that clutter the Office. "Need to change quick, be right back."

Caralyn stands from her seat and taps her foot on the ground as the reptilian Elder disappears behind the rows of drawers. She raises a brow and crosses her arms over her chest as the dirty Hawaiin shirt the lizard had been wearing goes flying over the top of the cabinet. Caralyn stares blankly as the lizard reemerges from the makeshift dressing area wearing an even dirtier version of the same Hawaiin shirt. He grins to her and snatches her application piece from Melba's desktop.

"Good thing I always keep a bunch of my used shirtsss laying around the Office." Wyvern grins and glances at the sheet. "Some people call it 'not doing laundry.' I call it: semi-professional clothing reserves!"

Caralyn nods and tries to ignore the ugly-looking beer stain on Wyvern's "fresh" Hawaiin T-shirt. She watches as the lizard carefully reads over her application pieces, then perks up as he turns to her with a toothy grin.

"Nicely done." Wyvern sets the two sheets on top of his own desk, which makes Melba's clutter look like the world's cleanest desktop. "Though I must admit, I'm alienated fromyour first since my kisses usually start and end with a slap. *grumble* The child in your second piece looks like a perfect target to steal candy from, though. I'll keep him in mind."

With that, Wyvern stamps Caralyn's Pen application ACCEPTED. He then looks her over for a moment, and scrawls the phrase "seek out Katzaniel, Mynx and Lord Panther for feline comfort" underneath the red glaze of the stamp.

;-)

OOC: A set of ACCEPTED application poems, Caralyn. Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) I hope that you find us a friendly and welcoming community to write in, and look forward to reading more of your stuff as well as roleplaying with you. Once again, welcome!

Not doing laundry indeed. She thought, but decided to keep her opinion to herself. She took the paper from Wyvern, who quickly dashed back to his "dressing space" and proceeded to change back into the supposed cleaner shirt he had been wearing first. "Thank you Wyvern."

Her words fell on deaf ears, because when she looked up, Wyvern was nearly out the door. She saw his tale disappear just as she turned around. "So much for......", she began, but was nearly knocked over as Wyvern came clamoring back into the room.

"I forgot my ssssuitcase." With a flourish, he grabs his suitcase and drags it off the desk. This action sends paper, scrolls and an assortment of different items flying everywhere. The Elder doesn't seem to notice as he gives Caralyn a quick half bow and runs back out of the room, nearly forgetting to open the door. Caralyn stood there a moment, looking at the papers and assorted items strewn across the tiled floor.

"He never stays in one place long." Came a voice from behind her. Peeking over her shoulder, Caralyn thought she saw, the door that Wyvern just exited, smile.

"I must be tired." Tucking her application in a pouch at her side, she headed for the door.