The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Almost a Dragon on the Run!

Wyvern scurries through his chaotic living quarters, quickly packing a large suitcase with scheming outlines, large woolen overcoats sporting Hawaiin designs, pics of all his favorite pennites, I.O.Us, and an Almost Dragonic Brand Kitchen Helper™ for security. He jumps when he hears the clanging of a pot from Celes Crusadors Cafe, mistaking it for a special chef weapon and swiftly glancing left and right. The overgrown lizard then reaches into his overcoat with a trembling claw and quickly pulls out a sloppily written note, tacking it onto his door. The scribbled letter reads:

Dearest Pennites and Pen applicants,

Wyvie here, just wanted to give you a heads up in advance that I'll probably have to be absent from the Pen boards from December 26th to around January 1rst due to urgent "vacations." There's a small chance I might be able to check the boards over that period, but I unfortunatly doubt I'll have a net connection. I also won't have IRC access from December 22/23rd until late January, but will still be actively participating on the boards, so holla at me via PM if you have any questions. Thanks fer understanding... and remember, if the Special Chef Operations outfit drops by, you never saw this note!

Wyv~

P.S: if you wanna leave geld donations in my absence, just slip'em under the door.

Having posted this, the lizard goes back to filling his overflowing bags with Almost Dragonic Brand Products, Almost Dragonic Brand Product Gift Certificates, and Almost Dragonic Brand Grinch Certificates...

As Venefyxatu wanders by his attention is drawn by the note. Wondering what Wyvern is up to he stops and examines it, using the occasion to catch his breath as well.

Hmm... urgent "vacations"? Special Chef Operations outfit? Looks like the kind of vacation you don't send post cards from... Let's hope he enjoys it anyway."

As he is about to continue on his way, two... persons come up to him : one of them a large man in a butcher outfit whose head is, for some reason, shaped like a soup bowl, the other one a woman in a cooking apron whose fingers have been replaced with razor-sharp sporks. Thinking to himself that it's best not to wonder what cooking experiment resulted in the change, Venefyxatu subtly turns to look at them, Wyvern's note hidden behind his back.

They come to a stop right in front of him.

"Clam Chowder Head of the Special Chef Operations Outfit. Present!" announces the man in a low voice.

The woman follows this with an extravagantly presented exclamation : "Metal Lady Fingers of the Special Chef Operations Outfit. Present!"

Venefyxatu replies in his soft voice : "Venefyxatu, former Nether Mage of Terra."

The two are obviously not impressed, since Clam Chowder says, in a stern voice : "Have you seen a lizard who almost claims to be a dragon come this way?"

"Yes, I want to claw him! As in, now!" Metal Lady Fingers is obviously quite eager to get her... sporks on Wyvern. Since they look to be unhealthy for Wyverns, Dragons or any other kind of living beings, Venefyxatu decides that it might be healthier to get rid of them.

"Uhh... I think I saw him hurry that way.", he says, pointing down the corridor. The (momentary) complete lack of sounds from Wyvern's office and the fact that they don't see Venefyxatu's subtle finger movements convince the two that the vague sounds they can hear down the corridor (the sounds of a Lizard trying to leave as quickly and quietly as possible) are real and they bolt off.

Just to be sure, Venefyxatu waits until they're out of sight before continuing on his way.

OOC : Enjoy your vacation!

Edited by Venefyxatu

• 2 weeks later...

Wyvern wobbles as he makes his way back down the hall towards his Office, his woolen overcoat now covered with spork markings and his breaths coming in low, nervous pants. The overgrown lizard adjusts a large furry hat on his head as he arrives at his quarters, ignoring the cold soup that drips from it as he eagerly reaches a poorly-gloved claw under his door crack in search of geld. Frowning and cursing to himself when he finds nothing there other than a few threatening letters from tax agencies, he turns to the note that he had tacked onto the doors exterior and examines its writing curiously. Deciding that the sloppily written "January 1rst" could easily be interpreted as a '4th,' the reptilian Elder quickly snatches it and tears it up before scratching his scaly chin in contemplation. Digging into his overcoat, he pulls out a bottle shaped like a bag of coins labeled "Almost Dragonic Brand Vodblah™" and attaches it to the door by means of a leftover New Years party blower and a special chef noodle string/whip to hang it from. The greedy lizard then quickly scrawls the words "help yourself!" onto its label before darting into his room just as Clam Chowder Head and Metal Lady Fingers stroll into the hall.

"Chasing this lizard is becoming tedious" mutters the soup-headed chef operative as he wanders down the hall, shaking his head. "If I have to brew another head of borsch for customs services, I swear I'll puke cabbage."

"Awww, c'mon Clam Chowder Head" says Metal Lady Fingers, licking her spork fingers in a very undainty manner as she walks alongside him. "I kinda liked it out over there, some of those spoon designs were pretty darn attractive. Don't forget, we need to thank that Vene guy for the directions."

"Right" mumbles Clam Chowder head, pausing as he reaches Wyvern's door and sniffing at the bottle that hangs from it. "Hmph, this bottle reeks of Bruteweiser."

"Awww, do we have to continue the investigation now?" Metal Lady Fingers stretches her arms, along with her newly-cleaned spork fingers. "I could kinda go for one of those little coffees you can get at Celes Crusadors place myself... y'know, the ones that are sort of like mini versions of your head?"

"Alright, alright." Clam Chowder Head sighs and shakes his head again, spilling some piping hot ramen noodle soup in the process. "Let's take a breather... but only under the condition that you get those sporks washed by some professional dishwashers."

Metal Lady Fingers sticks her tongue out and slashes with her hands left and right as the two of them begin walking down the hall, and slowly disappear from sight.

OOC: Back from my trip, sorry for any inconveniences my absence may have caused. I arrived back here late on the 2nd, then went to bed and ended up sleeping for literally 21 hours. o_O (Quincunx's depiction of Wyvern in the Concert dining hall is strangely accurate, it seems!) Currently a little tired and there's lots of things I need to catch up on, but I'm reading up on things and will be back in full posting mode shortly. Thanks, and sorry again for any threads or projects I may have held up in my absence.