The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Big Pointy One (The Writer)

Introduction:

Well, basically I weave myself into my writing, so not much about me should be surprising. I'm a laid back sort of person who enjoys the creative arts, although not to the same extent of most people who do so. I enjoy reading, but I haven't read anything really of note, and I don't read that much. I enjoy all sorts of music, but I don't know much about it. I like drawing, writing and playing the drums. I'd like to one day be a success in a band with my roommate/best friend. I can see it happenning, if we ever get our act together. I'm not that good, yet, but I feel confident I can be. The same goes for my writing. I know right now, I don't even compare to very many of our brilliant writers that we have here at The Pen, but I'd like to think one day I'll be able to be worthy enough to write for the world. I just need to put the proper efforts into it.

Biography: I was born in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada on July 20, 1983 and have lived here ever since. I have two younger brothers who are 19 (20 in April) and my youngest just turned 18 last week. Unfortunately, my parents divorced while I was six, and we lived with our mom for quite a while until she re-married. That was kinda the first turning point in my life, I think. During those years, I didn't spend much time with my dad, so I kinda instinctively found other role-models to latch onto, most notably my cousin, who I thank for helping me kinda decide which path I was going to take in life. (To oversimplify... nerd vs. jock... I'm happy to call myself 'nerd' ;p ) Also, my mom worked a lot, so it was hard really for me to learn stuff about life and such, so I've really figured everything out for myself, and now, that's the only way I can do things. I'm pretty stubborn, and like to think I have a mostly independent nature. I prefer doing things on my own without help from others, unless absolutely necessary. After my mom got re-married, things started looking up for my family, however, things got worse for me. We moved, and I lost all my friends, essentially. I never really did adjust to the new area, and basically made a fool of myself... often. I really developed my loner attitude around this time. Depression hit me hard, and I stopped caring about stuff around me. (This was when I was 12.) I quickly learned that I was embarassing myself whenever I spoke, so became an introvert. High school just seemed to be worse, but thankfully I made a few friends, most notably, Tamaranis. It was a rough four years, especially at the end when I thought I had someone who loved me, but then found out she was just messing with my head. That sucked. However, I did make a few friends through playing laser tag (that's how I met my roommate/best friend) and went to Colorado Springs with them to play in a regional tournament, which was alright. The fall after high school ended, I tried a semester of University, and haven't been back. The last 3 years have been kinda tumultuous, having many ups and downs. I just about thought I had a girlfriend again, then kinda figured out how that was going to turn out, and just completely abandoned her. I abandoned my friends, and sunk into my lowest point of depression at two different points. Thankfully, I made amends one way or another, and even though I don't speak as much as I'd like to with all my friends, things are good. I've finally figured out all the little things that make me 'tick' I think, so now, I'm working on improving myself. I recently got a decent job, and I'm finally on normal sleeping hours... almost.

If all things go well, hopefully I'll find myself advancing through my company, improving my body, perhaps improving my mind by *at least* reading more, and improving my soul along the way, one way or another. I have a long way to go, but at least now I feel like I can make the trip.