The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Application

The high walls of the keep rose upwards towards the pale blue of the sky, seeming almost to be challenging the gods themselves with thier immensity and hieght. Inspite of his usual emotionless view of the world, Exsanguis couldn't help pausing to admire the structure. Mankind had built this?

After his brief pause he continued on towards the gates. The steel doors and human eyes of the guards gave him no problems in mist form, though he counted himself lucky that his friend inside the keep has invited him in. It would have been a wasted trip otherwise.

Swiftly he traversed the corridors of the keep, making sure to move out of the way of those he felt were powerful enough to spot him despite his form. It was surprising just how many there were. The small part of his mind that was forever plotting couldn't help thinking about the victories he could achieve if such power was his to command. Despite the needed detours Exsanguis eventually reached his destination-the rooms of the one called Wyvern.

Upon reaching the door he checked to make sure there was no one nearby before changing from mist to human form. Carefully he reached out and tried to turn the handle, only to find it locked. Letting out a sigh of irritation he transformed again and slipped under the door. Briefly he resumed human form and placed a letter requesting living quarters upon the table, before leaving as a mist again.

As exsanguis exits Wyvern's office and moves towards the exit the shadows seem to deepen and the air becomes thicker making it difficult for even a mist to pass.

From somewhere unseen two points of light appear, looking uncannily like eyes and the mist is forced to coalesce into a recognisable shape where it is held, gently, but firmly for a brief instant before the pressure is released.

A voice out of the darkness is heard:

~~~

"Sorry to detain you like that friend. You should just know that it's better to wait in the easy chair in Wyvern's office. If you miss him... well let's just say it's easier to get your application approved if you're there when he looks it over."

~~~

With that the points of light vanish as if the darkness had closed it's eyes and the shadows dissipate leaving exsanguis to decide what to do next.

~umbra~

OOC: I don't know who invited you, but you're welcome I'm sure. Stick around the recruitment office and you'll soon have company as you wait for Wyvern. :D

The pale angular face of Exsanguis took on a surprised cast as the unamed force detained him. Gathering his robes about himself he lowered his slight - six foot five frame into the indicated easy chair, his long slender fingers resting easily upon the chairs arms. Crossing his legs with a sigh of impatience a having to wait he idly ran a hand across the mohican spikes of his jet black hair, his dark red eyes watchful for any further people.

Exsanguis sighs to himself as he leans back in his applicant easy chair, eyeing the area where the force of darkness had blocked him and shaking his head at the potentially dangerous barrier. Glancing towards a grandfather clock located in the corner of the Office, he frowns in concern as he wonders where the Elder of Initiates' could be, and nervously turns towards his application in the hopes of reading it over again. He only has time to go over the first sentence, however, as Wyvern suddenly bursts in through the main door of the Office.

The reptilian Elder of Initiates dashes into the Office at full speed, coming to an abrupt halt as a shadow barrier quickly coalesces around the entrance again. Wyvern lets out a girlish scream as he's suddenly surrounded with darkness, and Exsanguis cringes as the lizard continues to shriek until the shroud has been fully lifted. Once the shadow barrier has dissipated and Wyvern has stopped trembling, he moves forward at full speed into the Office until he reaches Exanguis. Panting to himself and slowly regaining the color he lost from his scare, the lizard hisses:

"Greetings, Exsanguis! Sorry that I'm a little late, goofing around at carnival booths has been keeping me thoroughly occupied."

Exsanguis stares at Wyvern blankly upon hearing this, and turns away in disgust as the lizard offers him an old piece of left-over cottan candy from his pocket. Frowning when he notices that Exsanguis is not a big fan of two-day old concentrated sugar, Wyvern tosses the candy into a waste basket and immediately snatches up his application. After reading it over, the lizard grins and hisses:

"Hmmm, ssso your searching for some living quarters here at the Pen, eh? Well, it's a very good thing that you came to this Office first, since I can offer you all sorts of enticing Almost Dragonic Brand Housing Options™."

Exsanguis frowns nervously as Wyvern flashes him a grin full of razor sharp teeth, and fidgets as the lizard digs into his pouches and pulls out a large scroll. Unrolling the manuscript, the lizard hisses:

"If you'd like, I could offer you a cosey little home right at the center of the Pen for a mere 23,458 geld. The dwelling place is small, but I think it'd suite you perfectly... and you'd always be at the very center of Pen parties."

With that, the lizard passes Exsanguis a photo of the living quarters he's referring to, which the applicant examines for a moment before muttering:

"Wyvern... this is a picture of a colored mist-making machine."

"Exactly!" hisses Wyvern gleefully, striking a thumbs up and grinning. "Isn't it perfect? You'd fit right in, I'm think."

Exsanguis rolls his eyes, then hands Wyvern back the photograph.

"Sorry Wyv, but I'm not interested in renting living quarters that measure in at around the size of a breadbox."

Wyvern solemnly nods upon hearing this, and quickly stamps Exsanguis' application ACCEPTED. The reptilian Elder lets out a short sigh as he watches the applicant leave the Office quarters, his eyes longingly transfixed on the shadow barrier that forms and dissipates as the new Pen Initiate wanders off to explore the Pen.

OOC: An ACCEPTED application, Exsanguis, welcome to the Mighty Pen! I look forward to participating with you in various roleplaying projects, and am eager to check out more of your work. Once again, welcome!