The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Application

Alright well Peredhil you said post an original piece of work here, so I'll post something I've been wanting some feedback on for sometime now. It's a 4 character and 6 scene play. Have fun reading it. :)

HawkWing

This scene starts off with HawkWing, a half Elf, half Saiyan, taking a walk with his girlfriend, Alexis, an Elf. HawkWing was tall, with green eyes, golden hair (in a triangular shape), slightly pointed ears, and a golden, monkey like, tail, wrapped around his waist. Alexis was about a head shorter than HawkWing, with long black hair, brown eyes, pointed ears (slightly more pointed than HawkWing’s ears), and smooth, milky white, skin.

Scene 1

A Forest

Enter HawkWing and Alexis, holding hands, and a small male humanoid lying unconscious, in the distance.

Alexis: It’s such a lovely day. I’m glad you took me on this walk with you. (smiles up at him)

HawkWing: (chuckles and looks down into Alexis’ eyes) You are by far the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes upon. How you could come to like a . . . monkey . . . like me, I’ll never know.

Alexis: The word is ‘love’. (reaches up and runs a caressing hand lovingly down the side of his face) And please, don’t demean yourself by calling yourself a monkey. Just because you have a tail like one, doesn’t mean that you are one.

HawkWing: I know. There are times though when I feel like I am a monkey. I know I shouldn’t think that way but I just can’t help it sometimes.

Alexis: (smiles up fondly at him) You’re not a monkey though. You’re my love and you should take comfort in that fact more than anything else. Alright?

HawkWing looks lovingly into Alexis’ eyes and smiles, but before he can answer he trips over a body lying in the middle of the trail and falls down.

Alexis: (Squatting down to help HawkWing up) Are you alright?

HawkWing: (groans) Ya, I’ll be fine. What did I trip over though?

Alexis: (closely examines the body lying on the trail) It appears to be a Kender.

HawkWing: (grunts) Just my luck that I’d trip over a Kender of all peoples.

Alexis: Just remember to keep a close eye on our valuables, you know how Kenders like to ‘borrow’ things.

Exeunt

Scene ii

A bedroom in HawkWing

and Alexis’ house

Enter HawkWing and Alexis with the Kender lying unconscious on the bed

HawkWing: (sighs) He’s been like that for more than a day now. I wonder if he’ll ever wake up.

Alexis: (treating the Kender’s wounds) I’m sure he will. We just have to continue caring for him, and treat his wounds until he does, wake up.

HawkWing: Yes, but --

Tempest: (stirs) Oh, hullo. Where am I? Ahhh! I’m blind! I can’t see!

Alexis: (laughs)

HawkWing: (trying to stifle his own laughter) Perhaps if you opened your eyes, you’d be able to see.

Tempest: (opens his eyes) Oh, right. I never noticed that my eyes were closed. My name is Tempest, Tempest Burrhoff. Now, who are you two?

Alexis: (smiles) My name is Alexis, and this big oaf over here is my fiancée, HawkWing.

HawkWing: (almost falls over in shock) “Fiancée”? But I never proposed to you, yet.

Alexis: Yes, well you do love me right? and you were planning on asking me soon, right?

HawkWing: Yes, I do love you, but I never really put much thought into marriage, but yes, I probably would have asked you sooner or later.

Alexis: (smiles) Then stop complaining. I just saved you the trouble of having to go through the trouble of asking me.

Tempest: (sits on the edge of the bed) Hullo Alexis. (Shakes her hand) Hullo HawkWing. (Shakes his hand) You know, HawkWing, you have the funniest looking hair I’ve ever seen. (looks at HawkWing’s hair with great interest)

HawkWing: (laughs) Well it wasn’t always this color nor did it always look this way. At one point in time I had straight black hair, with brown eyes, and a black tail, (sighs and sits down) but that’s a rather long story, one I’m sure you wouldn’t be interested in.

Tempest: (anxious to hear a story) I’d be more than interested to hear your story. I absolutely love stories! (squeals with delight)

HawkWing: (laughs, in spite of himself) Figures. You’re a typical Kender alright. I don’t know what it is about your species, but it seems every Kender loves a good story. Well I guess this one began when I was eighteen, before I met Alexis, here.

Alexis: (look of concern on her face) Are you sure you want to get into this dear? I mean it was such a sad story and all, do you really want to bring all of those memories back to the surface?

HawkWing: (smiles) Don’t worry I can handle it. Now, when I was eighteen years old, I had a friend and mentor named Tinaku. He trained me in the martial arts, and with a sword. I learnt the martial arts rather quickly, but the sword skills were a little harder for me to learn. Then, one day, shortly before my training was complete, a wizard, wearing the red robes of his profession, which showed him to be of neutral standing, suddenly appeared from nowhere at all. He started yelling profanities at Tinaku for no reason at all. The mage’s name was Nataku. Then, all of a sudden, his red robes changed color to black, the color of evil wizards, and he started to chant a spell. But Tinaku was too fast for him and dodged the spell with amazing speed, but then the spell was never aimed at him in the first place. The spell was aimed at me, and it immobilized me. I had to watch, in horror at what happened next. Nataku knew he was defeated before he even started the fight, but that didn’t really matter, because Nataku you see had a trump card up his sleeve still. (tears started to form in HawkWing’s eyes) Nataku’s trump card was the Flesh Ripper spell. A spell so hideous and dangerous, that almost no one ever casts it. You see, the Flesh Ripper spell rips the flesh off of the wizard who cast the spell first, and then it moves on to the intended victim of the spell, and there is no dodging it either. When the spell was cast and completed nothing but a pile of bones were left where Nataku and Tinaku had once stood. (tears were streaming down HawkWing’s face) That was when it happened, a power more powerful than anything I had ever felt before, started to swell up inside of me, and before I knew it the power had broken through Nataku’s immobilization spell, and it was changing me. It increased my power and it changed my hair, eyebrows, and tail to a golden color, and it gave me a golden aura as well. It also changed my eyes to a greenish color. That was the first time I went through such a transformation, but it wasn’t the last. (pours himself a glass of water and drinks it before continuing)

Alexis: (tears streaming down her face, takes a hold of HawkWing’s hand and gives it a gentle squeeze) Are you sure you want to continue dear? I almost died you know, and if you don’t think you can tell the story, then you don’t have to. I’m sure Tempus here won’t mind.

HawkWing: It’ll be alright Alexis, don’t worry. Now nothing really significant happened until several years after that. With the death of my friend and mentor, I trained everyday to perfect my sword skills. And by that time Alexis, here, had already taken a rather large interest in me, but I just ignored her, until another black robed wizard appeared, this time though, it was a Dark Elf. Now a Dark Elf is an Elf who practices black magic, and when he is found out he is banished from Elven lands, never to return. His name was Magus, (as soon as Tempest hears the name he gives a little start) and he was after one thing, Alexis. He had a warped view of things and he wanted to force Alexis to marry him. Alexis came to me for help, and I felt as if I was up to the challenge. Alexis and I found Magus in a rather dead forest, standing in front of an alter made out of decayed wood, and a skeleton was standing behind the alter dressed in priest’s clothing. I challenged Magus to a fight. He just laughed and before I knew it he was sending a fireball in my direction. I just barely got my sword up in time to block it, but Magus was faster than I thought, and before I even knew what was happening, he had disappeared and then reappeared a short distance behind me, and he threw a dagger at my back. (tears started to form up in HawkWing’s eyes again) I probably would have died if it wasn’t for Alexis. She got in front of the dagger just before it hit me. The dagger ended up getting buried in her own chest, just narrowly missing her heart. It went right into her chest and grazed her heart. As soon as I saw what happened I turned and caught her in my arms just before she fell to the ground. I remember having tears streaming down my face, and telling her to hold on, and that I would die if I lost her. (HawkWing smiled a sad smile, through the tears) I think it was then that I realized just how much I really did love her. I remember telling her that I loved her, and she smiled through the pain and just reached up and fondly caressed the side of my face, and then she fell limp in my arms. (Alexis went over to sit beside HawkWing and just buried her head in his chest, softly crying over the recalled memories) I thought for sure that she had died. I was so full of rage that I stood up and screamed as loud as I could, and that was when I triggered the second transformation. I remember standing on the ground and all of a sudden even more power started to flow through my veins and the golden aura around me intensified, and then my hair started to stick up in this triangular shape, and when I was done I just picked up Alexis and cried, thinking that she was dead. I’m not sure how I did it, but some how my aura had the power to heal her, and after I took the dagger out of her chest, that’s exactly what it did. When she regained consciousness right then and then in my arms, I realized just how much I really did love her. But by that time Magus had gotten away. (HawkWing had tears flowing down his face, and Alexis still with her head buried in HawkWing’s chest, started to slowly stop crying and look up into HawkWing’s face) To this day though, I can still feel as if there is yet another transformation inside of me, just waiting to be woken up as well.

Alexis: (her face all wet from the crying she did) I thought I wasn’t going to see you again. I felt that dagger graze my heart. Still, I was happy that my death meant that you could live, and that the last words I would hear you speak were “I love you”. When I woke up and found my wound was healed and that you were carrying me home, I couldn’t have felt any happier than I did at that moment. (still with a few tears in her eyes she kissed HawkWing softly on the lips) I’m glad we were given this second chance together.

Tempest: (tears in his eyes as well) That was an excellent story. And I’m very sorry for everything that happened to you. Hey, how would you like to see what’s in my pouches?

Alexis: (wiping the last remnants of her tears from her eyes, smiled) We’d love to Tempest. Come lets go into the sitting room and do that.

Exeunt

Scene iii

HawkWing and Alexis’ house,

Sitting room

Enter Tempest, Alexis & HawkWing sitting at a table

Alexis: Tempest, what made you enter a forest that no other Kender on Gaia would enter?

Tempest: (confused) Why won’t other Kender enter this forest?

Alexis: You must be joking. Everyone knows that the Elves will kill any Kender who enter their forest.

Tempest: Oh, that’s this forest? I didn’t know that. Why didn’t you kill me then?

Alexis: (smiles) Because, I’m not like most other Elves. I find Kenders to be a little amusing, sometimes. Besides, I could never kill anyone. So then, why were you in that forest?

Tempest: Well you see that Dark Elf that HawkWing was talking about in the second part of his story, is after me. And I had heard that there was a warrior with a tail around here, and that if anyone could stand a chance against Magus, it would be the warrior with a tail. I never did find out this warrior’s name though. Hey, do you think you could that warrior they were talking about, HawkWing?

HawkWing: (ignores Tempests question, gives Alexis a look of worry) Why is Magus after you?

Tempest: umm, well, you see, I kinda borrowed one of his spell books, without realizing what it was . . .

HawkWing: (gasps) You stole one of his spell books? What were you even doing in his tower to begin with?

Tempest: (defensively) I didn’t steal it. I only borrowed it, I had every intention of giving it back to him. And I was only there by accident. You see, I grabbed onto this huge bird’s leg and it took me flying for a little bit, but then I removed my hands so that I could scratch an itch, and I ended up falling through this roof, onto a pile of straw. I explored around a little bit and found all sorts of wonderful things, and there was this one book that seemed to call out to me, and I picked up and looked through it, but I couldn’t understand the words or anything and it fell into one of my pouches by accident, and then Magus showed up and started calling me a thief and said that I stole some of his things. Well now I am no thief and I have never stolen anything in my entire life, so you can imagine how shocked and outraged I felt at the time. I told him “Now see here, I am no thief and I never once stole anything from you..” Magus didn’t believe me though and he shot thunderbolts and fireballs at me. Now I was really starting to lose interest in things by then, so I just ran out of the tower, and minded my own business.

HawkWing: (grunts) Likely story. I’ll bet only about half of that is true.

Alexis: (puts a hand on HawkWing’s shoulder, and shushes him) Never mind him Tempest, continue on with your story.

Tempest: (smiles and nods) Well now it was a few days after when I realized that the book I was looking at, inside Magus’ tower, was one of his spell books, and to make things worse, I found that it had accidentally fell into one of my pouches. Now I was very confused about how that happened, but I figured that I’d be nice and go return it to him. So I went to his tower and knocked on the door. As soon as he saw me though, he picked me up by the neck and tried to strangle me. I thought for sure he was going to kill me, but I managed to land a kick on his chest and it startled him long enough for me to get away. The only problem was that this time he followed me, shooting even more fireballs at me. Now I’m very quick, you see, so I was able to dodge them all, and I was able to hide from him for a few days as well, and it was during that time that a drunken sailor mentioned that there was a half Elf with a tail and that he was the only person known to have survived an encounter with Magus. So I ran all the way here and then I collapsed in the forest, where you two found me.

Before HawkWing or Alexis could say anything in response to Tempest’s story, lightning flashed outside and all the candles inside the house were blown out as well, so that they were all sitting in complete darkness. Then a hand waved in the distance and the candles relit themselves, and Magus was suddenly standing in front of the three of them inside the house. Magus was an evil Dark Elf wizard wearing black robes, with a long wooden staff, roughly, balled at the top.

Enter Magus

Magus: (evil smile) I see you’ve gained yourself a powerful ally, Tempest. Well no matter, that won’t save you, and I will get back what you stole from mea s well. HawkWing, it’s so nice to see you again. Hope you’ve been well, not that it really matters since this will be our last encounter together. (eyes shift to Alexis) Ah, Alexis, so we meet again. Have you had time to think about my marriage proposal yet?

Alexis: Yes, I’ve thought about it, and it disgusts me as much now as it did then.

Magus: (gives Alexis an angry glare) Well it doesn’t matter anyways. You will be mine, even if I have to force you to be mine. (advances on Alexis)

HawkWing steps in front of Alexis, with his sword drawn, to protect her from Magus.

Magus: (laughs) Get out of the way, right now, and I’ll consider letting you live . . . long enough to see Alexis marry me, at the very least. (laughs evilly)

HawkWing: You know I won’t let you have her Magus. If you think you can take her by force, then go ahead and try, I’m ready anytime you are.

Magus:(frustrated) I tire of this. We’ll fight, HawkWing, but not yet, and not here. Now, OUT OF MY WAY! (raises his hand and uses his magic to send HawkWing flying across the room) Now I shall take my prize. (grabs Alexis by the arm, and forcibly kisses her) In time, you will forget about that monkey and come to love me. (turns his attention back to HawkWing) If you want her back then you come and get her. You know where I’m going, we met there once before. Oh and don’t forget to bring the Kender either. I’ll be waiting.

Alexis: HawkWing, HELP!!!!

The lights go out once again, leaving them all in darkness and all they could hear was Magus’ evil laughter and Alexis’ screams for help. When the lights came back on Magus and Alexis were gone.

Exit Magus and Alexis

HawkWing: (drops his sword, and falls to his knees with tears streaming down his face) How could I let this happen? Alexis, my love, is gone. And I was helpless to save her. I let her be taken. ALEXIS!!!

HawkWing screams and stands up, and is gradually, at first, bathed in a Golden light, until the light completely engulfed him, and all you could hear were his screams. The lights appear to go out all inside the house and the little light that was given off by the moon and the stars seemed to also get swallowed up in darkness, until the only light was the light that engulfed HawkWing. HawkWing arched his back backwards and let out a horrible scream, and then the light faded, around HawkWing and then the light returned to the rest of the world as well. When HawkWing was done screaming and the lights were back on inside the house, HawkWing was, faintly, bathed in a Golden light, and his Golden hair now went in triangular strips half way down his back, and his eyebrows were gone as well.

HawkWing: (looks down at his new transformation and smiles in satisfaction) I’m going after Alexis, Tempest you stay here.

Tempest: (packing up his things) No, I will not stay here. I refuse to be left out of this great adventure with you. Besides, you need me. Magus said to bring me along with you when you went after him.

HawkWing: Fine, but I will not be responsible for your safety. And be sure to keep up too, I will not have you slowing me down.

Exeunt

Scene iv

A Dying Forest

Enter Magus and Alexis, with Alexis in a wedding dress.

Magus: Come along dear, we mustn’t keep the Cleric waiting.

Alexis: You may be able to force me to marry you, but you can never force me to love, to truly love you. My heart now and will always belong to HawkWing. Never will it belong to you.

Magus: (uses his staff and magical abilities to hurl Alexis to the ground, without even touching her) You insolent fool. Now, hush, so I can concentrate on where and what HawkWing is doing.

Alexis: (aside) I would rather die then have HawkWing die at Magus’ hands. HawkWing, my love, forgive me for what I may do to keep you alive and safe. And never forget that any sacrifice I make will be because I love you.

Exeunt

Scene v

A Forest

Enter HawkWing and Tempest

Tempest: (breathing heavily) Wait up will you? I can’t run as fast as you.

HawkWing: Damn you are slow. Not to mention the fact that it could take days still before we find them in this dense forest. (then an idea came to HawkWing) Tempest you still have Magus’ spell book in one of your pouches somewhere, don’t you?

Tempest: I’m sure I do, you want it? (at HawkWing’s nod Tempest starts digging in his pouches, making a big mess on the ground in front of him, looking for the spell book until he finds the spell book, its color was the darkest black that HawkWing had ever seen and was bound in black leather, at the sides as well, with Golden runes written on the bindings as well, and presents it to HawkWing) Now what are you going to do?

HawkWing: (smiles) Just wait and see, I’m going to use Magus’ own magic to help me get to him faster. (HawkWing opens up the spell book until he finds the page he wants and starts to speak the magical spell under his breath. At the conclusion of the spell HawkWing snaps the book close, and the lights go out)

Exeunt

Scene vi

A Dying Forest

Enter Alexis and Magus and a Cleric (priest)

Lights fade and go out, Enter HawkWing and Tempest

Alexis and Magus are standing in front of an alter, the Cleric is behind the alter wearing black robes, and Alexis has her hands tide up in front of her.

Magus: Ah, HawkWing, so glad you could make it on time. Have a seat right over there will you? (points at a tree stump) You’re just in time to witness my wedding to Alexis. (Magus takes out a dagger and slowly advances on HawkWing, concealing his dagger in the sleeves of his black robe)

HawkWing: Tempest, get Alexis and yourself to safety. I’ll deal with Magus.

Tempest unties Alexis’ hands and starts to lead her to safety

Magus: (laughs) I’ll reclaim her once I dispose of you. (Magus lunges at HawkWing with his dagger)

When Alexis was passing close to HawkWing, and Magus, she noticed Magus’ dagger and knew exactly what he was going to do. So when Magus lunged at HawkWing, with his dagger, Alexis used all of her speed to put herself between HawkWing and the dagger.

Alexis: No!!! HawkWing!!! (Alexis got in front of HawkWing in time to save his life, but the dagger ended up sliding into her own body, right between her breasts, again, just narrowly missing her heart, but centimeters, and then she fell into HawkWing’s arms and looks up into his eyes) My love, I’m glad to see that you are safe. (smiles through the pain and reaches up to caress HawkWing’s face, but trembles and falls to her side) Never forget that I love you, now and forever. (shallow voice, in pain) This sacrifice I made, I made out of love for you. Goodbye, my love. (Alexis went in limp in HawkWing’s arms, seemingly dead)

HawkWing: (tears streaming down his face) She’s dead. My life, my love, is dead. SHE’S DEAD! (HawkWing screams and lifts his arms above his head and the Golden light surrounding him intensified and it sent Magus flying a couple feet onto the ground) I shall not let your death be in vain Alexis, my love. (draws his sword, his sword coming out blue. Kisses Alexis on the forehead and advances on Magus) I will avenge you Alexis, or I shall die trying.

Magus: So she saved you, so what? I’ll still defeat you in the end anyways. (swings his staff in the air, and HawkWing doubles over as if the staff hit him in the stomach) Come on, show me what you’ve got.

HawkWing: I will have my revenge, Magus.

Enter sword to staff fighting. In the end Magus’ staff is sent flying out of his hands and has HawkWing’s sword point at his neck.

HawkWing: Yield Magus, and perhaps I’ll spare your wretched life.

Magus: (breathing heavily, eyes wide with shock) Yield? You want me to yield, to you? (looks over to where his staff lay, in the distance, and slowly, carefully, reached his hand out to try and reach it, and even though the staff was well out of his reach, it seemed to take a life of his own, and Magus used his magic to bring it slowly back to his hand) No, I don’t think I’ll yield to you. I will never yield to a despicable monkey like yourself.

HawkWing: (lips curl up in a snarl) Then die where you lay. (HawkWing thrust his sword towards Magus’ neck, but by that time Magus had his staff in hand again and deflected HawkWing’s sword thrust harmlessly out of the way)

Magus: (backing away from HawkWing, and then standing up) This isn’t over yet HawkWing, not by a long shot. I’ll come back when you least expect it to finish this fight.

During the battle between HawkWing and Magus, Tempest crawled his way over to Alexis, and discovered that she still hung on to life by a small thread, and hoped that HawkWing would be able to get back to her in time to save her life.

Lightning flashes, and Magus is gone, and Tempest backed away from Alexis to hide behind a nearby tree.

Exit Magus

HawkWing: (sheathes his sword and sits down beside Alexis) Alexis, my love, I defeated Magus, but I wasn’t able to kill him, I’m sorry I could not avenge you, by killing Magus. I’m tired, I think I’ll just sleep here, beside you for a little while. (HawkWing gave Alexis one last kiss goodbye and was surprised to find that she was warm to the touch still, even if just barely, and then laid down beside her and fell asleep, right away)

Alexis: (gasps) I thought I was dead for sure that time, and yet here I am, completely healed, again. (looks to her side to see HawkWing lying there, asleep) You did well my love. You defeated Magus, Rest now, my love, you’ve earned it. (kisses his forehead)

Tempest: (standing in shadows, a look that seemed to show that Tempest was more than what he seemed to be, or that something had taken over his body to say something) “He who fights with a blade as blue as the sky that he loves, shall stall darkness’ advance and heal his beloved with a kiss.” Prophecy fulfilled.

The End

Sparhawk slowly shifts in his applicant easychair and skims over his play manuscript once again, reading a few of its lines out loud and letting out a long sigh at his lack of company in the Office. Glancing towards a grandfather clock at the corner of the room and noticing that many hours have passed since he first entered, the eager applicant grumbles a few aggravated curses and slumps back in his chair, wondering what could be taking the infamous Elder so long to arrive. His questions are promptly answered, however, as the front door of the Office abruptly bursts open and Wyvern dashes in, carrying a bag filled with leftover mannequin arms and legs.

"Greetings Ssssparhawk." hisses Wyvern apologetically, dropping his bag on the floor and rudely snatching the play manuscript from out of Sparhawks hands. "I'll read over this immediately and get to responding, hope the wait wasn't too hard on you."

Sparhawk nervously nods as he watches Wyvern bury his face in the manuscrift, raising a brow as the lizard covers his entire scaly visage with it and reads through it with almost dragonic intensity. Once the reptilian Elder has finished reading, he drops the play from his face only to reveal that tears are streaming down his cheeks, which he seems to be cleaning off with a tissue of sorts.

"Well Sparhawk" starts the lizard after a moment of recovery. "That application play certainly seems to be acce-"

Wyverns verdict is interrupted as the front door of the Office bursts open once again, to reveal Silly the Pen Elder Dwarf/Orangutan. The mini-Elder holds up a sign that reads "WAIT!," then drops it and quickly runs up to Sparhawk and Wyvern. He then quickly scribbles a paragraph on another blank sign, and holds it up for all to see:

As much as I appreciate the monkey references throughout this application, it was not written with the specific intention of applying to the Pen, as it was previously available at a distant land known as the World of the Two Skies. There, I've done my duty, can I have a banana now?

Wyvern frowns as he reads over the sign, then regretfully hands the "Hawkwing" play back to Sparhawk and hisses:

"Unfortunatly, I can't accept your application until you write an original work specifically for the Pen. This can be a poem, a story, a play, or any piece of writing that has not been posted previously or taken from any other boards. I look forward to reading a new application from you, and will be out scheming till it's ready. Ciao!"

With that, the overgrown lizard rapidly departs from the Office, leaving the disgruntled Sparhawk alone with Silly the Elder Dwarf. The orangutan stares at the applicant for a moment, then whimpers and holds up a sign that reads:

Spare a banana?

Has to be something written specifcally for The Pen? well alright then, lets see what I can come up with...

What's in a Name?

What's in a name?

I mean a Rose by any other name

Is still just a rose

Thinas by any other name

Will still be Thinas

A roof by any other name

Will still be a roof.

So what is in a name?

Well I just wrote that now, so hope you like it.

Silly the Elder Dwarf sulks as Sparhawk ignores his request, and decides to balance himself on an upright blank sign while waiting for Wyvern to return from his scheming. The applicant and the orangutan endure another lengthy waiting period before the lizard arrives back at the Office, and he bows apologetically to Sparhawk as he hisses:

"Sssssorry for another lengthy wait, Sparhawk. I've been trying toget rid of all these spare Almost Dragonic Brand Mannequin Arms and Legs that I have in overstock, and have recently been trying to market them as ingredients for cannibal stew. Unfortunately, the Special Chef Operations Outfit found out about it rather quickly, and I'm kinda on the run."

Having said this, Wyvern quickly casts a glance towards the hallway outside the Office, and breaths a sigh of relief as he gently nudges the door closed with his tail. The reptilian Elder then snatches Sparhawks new application piece from his cluttered desktop, and reads over the poem a few times. Scratching his scaly chin and smiling to himself, the overgrown lizard places the application back into its original position, and begins searching through his desk for a stamp as he hisses:

"An interesting incorporation of Shakespearian phrasing and dark elf references, Sparhawk. Of course, a name can contain fame, particularly if you use Almost Dragonic Brand Unofficial Name Changes™... Almost Dragonic Brand Unofficial Name Changes™, putting the 'ID' in 'identity crisis!'

Sparhawk raises a brow upon hearing this advertisement, and crosses his fingers as Wyvern pulls a stamp out of his desk. The lizard turns to Sparhawk and smiles, then raises the stamp and says:

"This application is-"

"Ook ook, AAHHH!"

Wyvern stumbles as Silly the Elder Dwarf suddenly jumps from his position on top of a blank sign and grabs the stamp from Wyverns claws, bouncing off of the lizards head and propelling himself up to an air duct located near the ceiling. The orangutan sticks his tongue out at Sparhawk and Wyvern, then quickly jots something down on a sign as he hangs from the ceiling by his tail. Dropping the sign into the room, the Elder Dwarf then darts into the air duct with the stamp. Sparhawk and Wyvern glance down at the sign simultaneously, their faces contorted into expressions of disbelief.

I won't give this stamp back until Sparhawk finds me and brings me a banana! Nyyya nyya!

Wyverns jaw drops upon reading this. After a moment of contemplation, he turns to Sparhawk and says:

"Sssssorry about this Sparhawk, Silly has never really acted this way before. Unfortunatly, I can't accept your application without that stamp that he stole... I don't suppose you'd be willing to search for him to get it back?"

• 2 weeks later...

That was from Shakespeare? Wow never knew that...just kinda popped into my head that one time...*shrugs* either way I guess I changed it and made it my own as well...so I'm supposed to search for Silly? Ok...where's a good place to start looking? And I think he said something about bringing him a bannana too, right?

"Not Shakespeare" corrects Wyvern, raising a scaly claw and grinning. "Shakespearian. Y'know, like similar to the manner that spears shake...?"

Sparhawk lets out an aggravated sigh and shakes his head, ignoring Wyverns comments and repeating his question:

"So, where should I start looking for this Silly dwarf, Wyvern? He seems to be a rather stealthy orangutan."

"Well" hisses Wyvern, scratching his scaly chin and glancing up at the open air duct. "You could start by crawling through that air duct and tracing his tracks. From there, the chase could lead to anywhere from the Pen's greenhouses to its sewage systems. Best of luck."

Sparhawk pauses, frowning and staring blankly at Wyvern.

"Awww c'mon Sparhawk, it's not so bad." mutters Wyvern, approaching the applicant and patting him gently on the shoulder. "You just need some equipment and you'll be fine. And you happen to be in luck, since I'm going to be having a sale on Almost Dragonic Brand Leftover Flashlights™, Almost Dragonic Brand Glow-in-the-Dark Air Duct Compasses™, and Amost Dragonic Brand Cold-Blooded Heat Sensor Imps™ in exactly three seconds!"

Sparhawk stutters, and raises a hand to respond only to have a large bag of second-hand items shoved into it. Wyvern has already begun to ring up Sparhawks' "purchases" when the applicant drops the bag to the ground and glares at him, causing him to come to a halt in his calculations. Sparhawk casts a glance towards the air duct, then turns back to Wyvern and mutters:

"It's fine, I'll be able to handle the situation without your products Wyvern. Just give me a banana to give to Silly."

"Ccccertainly" hisses Wyvern, picking half of an overripe banana from the junk strewn on his desktop and examining it for a moment. "I'd say, for a banana like this, you won't be paying any less than two hundred geld."

Sparhawk's jaw drops open...

"200 Geld????" Sparhawk *sighs* and digs his hands into his purse to count out 200 Geld. "Well alright then, I guess. Here." Sparhawk hands the money over to Wyvern and grabs the bananna.

Sparhawk took out the Bhellium once he crawled into the Air Ducts. "Blue-Rose (Speaking in Trollish) give me light to see by." The Bhellium started to glow a brilliant Blue.

Once Sparhawk was in the Air Ducts he saw that it wouldn't be too difficult to track Silly, since it was obvious that the Air Ducts had not been cleaned out in years and were all full of dust. Where the dust was siturbed in the Air Ducts, told Sparhawk exactly where to go to follow Silly.

It seemed like Sparhawk was following Silly's trail for hours when he finally came to the end of the tunnel of Air Ducts, to where they led out into the Sewege system, and it was there that Sparhawk saw Silly.

Silly saw Sparhawk too, and just laughed. "Catch me if you can." And Silly ran into the Sewer system.

Sparhawk cursed and followed Silly into the Sewers. "Here Silly, Silly, Silly. I've got a bananna for you. Tell you what show yourself right now and I'll make this bananna into the biggest bananna you've ever seen."

Silly peaked his head around a corner. "Really? If you give me a big bananna then maybe I give you back the stamp."

Sparhawk smiled and whispered a prayer to the Child-Goddess Aphrael, to make the bananna in his hand grow to an enormous size. When that was done, Sparhawk took the Bhelium and spoke to it in Trollish again. "Blue-Rose, when that Dwarf over there touches this bananna make him totally immobile." The Bhelium gave a faint glow to show it's understanding. "Here you go Silly, take the bannana and give me the Stamp, like a good Dwarf."

"How about I just take the bannana and run?" As soon as Silly touched the bannana though, he could no longer move.

Sparhawk just walked right up to Silly and took the stamp out of his pocket. "Thank you for the stamp back. As soon as Wyvern stamps my application I'll free you of the spell." Sparhawk spoke to the Bhelium again in Trollish. "Blue-Rose take me back to the room I was in before I started chasing after this Dwarf." The sewers faded in Sparhawk's eyes and were suddenly replaced with the familiar surroundings of the Application Room.

Sparhawk took the stamp out of his pocket and handed it to Wyvern. "I trust you only needed the stamp right? I really hope you didn't want me to bring back that silly old Swarf as well."

Wyvern nods to Sparhawk and examines the stamp curiously, raising a brow as he reads the lettering on the back of it and hissing quietly to himself. After a moment, the overgrown lizard sets the stamp onto his desktop and mutters:

"Sparhawk, what did Silly say to you when he gave you this stamp?"

"What did he say to me?" repeats Sparhawk. He considers the question for a moment, then grins and poses proudly. "The last thing he said to me was 'how about I take the banana and run?,' but I had him trapped so he couldn't move a muscle!"

"Hmmm..." hisses Wyvern in a concerned manner. "I guess that explains why the back of this stamp reads 'Fooled You!' ... The real Silly is an orangutan and can only speak through (literal) sign language, so that Silly you caught must have been a clever decoy."

Sparhawk's jaw drops. "WHAT?! B-b-b-but!"

"Don't worry about it." hisses Wyvern, his face going blank. "Not the first time that Silly has fooled people in this way."

"Well...!" cries Sparhawk angrily, cracking his knuckles. "I still have that imposter trapped in my magic, so I think it's time to wrangle some-"

"That won't be necessary" hisses Wyvern, reaching into a pocket of his tunic and pulling out an acceptance stamp. The overgrown lizard winks at the applicant. "I always keep a spare."

Sparhawk's facial expression freezes into a distorted "then-why-did-you-have-me-brave-the-air-ducts?!" grimace, which is quickly assuaged when Wyvern stamps his application ACCEPTED.

;-)

OOC: An ACCEPTED application, Sparhawk, welcome to the Mighty Pen. :) I look forward to reading more of your writing and to participating with you in roleplaying projects... after all, it's only a matter of time before you happen to come across the real Silly again ;-) Nice to have you with us.

OOC: Well if it's role playing you want from me, then I should probably bring in one of my actual Role Play characters. Cause Sparhawk is my Game name and IRC name and is also a character from a book series. So role playing with him would be very new to me. I have a half elf/Half Saiyan character, a pure Elf character and a character that is a Dragon but most of the time is masquerading around in a human form and not letting people know he's a Dragon.