The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Katzaniel (The Character)

Katzaniel

~History~

Katzaniel used to be a regular tiger, but one night while looking for dinner in a village she frequented for its supply of livestock, she encountered some village people, defending the animals. She killed most of them, but also at the scene was a witch doctor, who knew some shape-changing spells. He turned into a lion, and a fight ensued. Both were brutally injured, and at the end, the witch doctor came half out of the lion shape in order to attempt a second spell - most likely another shape spell, to turn the tiger into something less dangerous - but the spell was only partially completed when he was attacked again by the tiger. The two partway living forms were somehow intertwined by the unfinished spell, giving them together just enough life to transcend the death that would have awaited them separately.

~Items~

Katzaniel has a spear when in tigertaur form, and at all times teeth and claws (which are not to be discounted).

There is only one spear. If it were to be lost or destroyed, Katz would not be able to simply change form and regain it the next time she became the tigertaur.

~Abilities~

The witch doctor was a weak personality in comparison to that of the tiger, and in the transformation he lost most of his memory, so no one can be sure what was intended by the last spell, but it was probably something to do with shape changing, since Katzaniel has the ability to change into any member of the cat family that she desires - she can even choose the size, colouring, and other features of the creature, just about anything but its gender.

Usually very fast and strong.

She has limited communication with other cats when in cat form. I'm not saying cats have their own language, but I'm sure they can convey simple messages such as "Help!" or "I'm hungry" or "Follow me".

~Physical Description~

Katzaniel, in cat form, is always female. However there is one more form she can take - that of a tigertaur. Similar to a centaur, this last shape has the front and back of the tiger she once was, with the witch doctor's chest, arms and head protruding from what ought to have been a neck and a tiger's head. The doctor has a bone necklace and a spear.

She can only talk when in tigertaur form.

~Other~

Katz doesn't know whether she can die, or how. She has lived for centuries, so she is reasonably confident that she is immortal in terms of dying of old age, but as for other ways to die, no one knows.

Of course, being the writer I have the liberty to decide this, so if it ever became an issue, I have an idea of how it would probably work. She would have, in a way, two lives. If she was in tigertaur form, and was killed in such a way that the doctor was the one who died, she would become a regular tiger, without shape shifting abilities, without the ability to speak. If her cat counterpart died, she would become human again. He would probably regain his memory, giving him back the spells he used to know. Either way, she would be drastically altered, and have suffered a great loss.