The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Conversation, anyone?

Mynx

Sitting in a dark corner of the Cabaret Room, Mynx rests her hind paws on the coffee table and sighs softly.

Her notebook sits open on the table alongside a steaming mug of coffee and she regards both with a gloomy stare, tapping her fangs with her pen.

Finally, with a resigned sigh, she leans forward and closes the book with a snap, tucking the pen into the binding and placing the book in one of the many folds of her cloak.

Picking up her mug of coffee, she surverys the rest of the room, looking to see if anyone she knows be willing to engage in a conversation.

Deciding not to call out and break the peaceful quiet, she resolves herself to brooding once more into the dark depths of her drink, her twitching tail the only real sign of her aggrivated state.

OOC: Anyone want to chat? About anything? I want to write, but the words aren't coming and I'm in a bleak mood...I'm not even in the mood to go rampant...Anything is welcome...Conversations, discussions, questions, advice...I just feel like talking...

A hooded figure rises up from the shadowed alcove in the far corner of the room, walking slowly through the room, he approaches mynx, admiring the beautiful feline woman, and smiling as he stops, removes his hood, and looks at her.

"hello Mynx, how is my favourite feline beauty?"

Bowing slightly, cryptomancer askes, "may i join you for a coffee?"

:raven:

Narrowing her eyes at her friend, but unable to stop the smirk, Mynx waves a paw and summons a new chair for him to sit on.

"Have a seat. But stop with the flattery. We both know it is untrue and unnecessary."

Removing her hind paws from the table and curling up in her seat, Mynx regards Crypt as he sits down.

"So how are things with you my friend?"

Smiling as he sits, cryptomancers looks at his beautiful friend, "I will speak my views of what I see, as you know I always do."

Sitting for a while, he thinks, gathering his thoughts, then smile fading slightly, says "I am good, just enjoying an interesting patch, much to do, not a lot of time available to do all i wish."

leaning back in his seat, he relaxes, but there is always allowances made for coffee with you.

"How is the work going?"

"stressing you a bit?"

Mynx shrugs and returns to brooding over her own drink.

"Too stressed to think, and unable to solve many of the problems. Normally, I'd write but hey, since when does my mind ever let me do things happily?"

Grinning ruefully at her friend, Mynx finishes her coffee and summons another to her paw.

"I feel like starting a discussion about something random, but hey, nothing's coming. Any ideas?"

"hey we could discuss the complete irony of the fact that i asked for today off, and got told no, because we were going to be short staffed, then spending all day at the Pen as there is truely no-one in town to even walk into the store i am in, and all four staff are doing what they like, because we are so very bored, "

Crypt takes a deep breath, "sorry, rant over"

Sipping a venti six shot white mocha he looks at his companion, "topics for discussion, mmm, let me think."

"you thinking of another story, or poems?"

Edited by cryptomancer

"possibly the random nature of weather in this city"

*grins*

"How does it go? If you dont like the weather wait 5 minutes."

"or was it the old, it only rains twice a year, once for 6 months, once for three."

*shakes head*

" oh, i got turned into a maniquine!"

Mynx grimaces at the word

"Poems do not come easily to me. And as far as stories go...well...my novel has hit a wall, me and Gryph both are waiting for you in Unseen, and I have some ideas, and a demon to exorcise, but again no words"

She sighs and sculls yet another cup of coffee.

"Fun day at work, huh? You'd think there'd be more people in town on a Saturday..."

Edited by Mynx

Quite used to his friends reactions to the trials of his life, cryptomancer calmly continues, smiling as he hears Mynx's laugh cutting through the clouds of his mood.

"my theory is after i caught the shoplifter on tuesday, my boss set me up as a 'scarecrow' but it seems it worked too well, "

"no-one in here today but the staff."

Still giggling, Mynx pulls herself up to her chair, wiping tears of laugher from her eyes.

Conjuring another coffee, she drains it quickly in an attempt to calm her mild hysteria.

"S-sorry..." She covers her muzzle with a paw and takes a number of breaths, forcing herself to calm down.

"Sorry, the idea of you as a scarecrow is...well...amusing."

Conjuring up yet another drink, Mynx sets about dusting herself off, still grinning at her ravenish friend.

Edited by Mynx

*6 thanks,"

"laughter is good for the soul, supposedly."

Sipping the fresh cup of coffee, Crypt relaxes more,

"thanks, as always your company works magic on my moods,"

Smiling, "I hope i can write some tonight, you have any ideas for your own writting yet?"

Have you ever had those moments where you know something, anything, in it's entirety, for a brief moment, then it's gone. You don't know where, you can no longer recall it, you just know for a brief second, you had it, all of it and nothing but it, whatever it was. And you know it would've been useful to remember or been a brilliant point in a conversation/arguement/debate or it would've cured world hunger or something along those lines.

So you do whatever you can to remember it. The first thing is usually to turn to the person talking to you and say "What did you just say?", to which they'll repeat whatever they're talking about, to which you say, "No, before that", to which they reply with whatever they said BEFORE the bit where you had the inspiration and they'll swear blind they said nothing between the two, leaving you with nothing to go on.

And you can't get to sleep until you've either remembered it or forgotten it completely. Both damn near impossible to do under any circumstance

Cryptomancer turns to Aardvark, smiles, and considers his remark.

Casually moving a chair out with his foot for the new arrival to sit on, he voices his considerstion, "many times, many many times, and not just words, but sensations and situations that happen. You find something so perfect happening, and a subtle shift happens and the change ends the brief insight you had to all that is good and beautiful in your world. The situation continues still, and seems so much better for the brief insight received, that it holds in your memories all the more clearly."

Sighing, Cryptomancer drifts into his memories briefly, "and as to the not sleeping, the memories bring visions to your dreams, and each time you close you eyes you see them all replaying and feel the same as if it were happening again or still. then you dont sleep because you wish it were."

Cryptomancer shifts in his seat, sipping his coffee, slightly lost in thought, twirling his wand between the thumb and forefinger of his right hand.

Pondering these thoughts and words, Mynx stares into the murky depths of her own coffee. Suddenly, a kitten appears in the doorway of the Cabaret Room, races up to the table, and jumps onto Mynx's lap. Crawling up her cloak, the kitten whispers into the larger feline's ear, before leaping down and scurrying off again.

Swearing angrily into her coffee, Mynx looks up at the occupants of her table.

"Anyone up for a spot of Thepsian hunting?"

Cryptomancer waves a hand in the air over the table, producing in its wake a chrome (guy thing, must be chrome) coffee maker, and with practiced care proceeds to make a very strong coffee for his feline companion.

"The stress of assignment is a real pain, made worse by having to rely on the actions of others as well as yourself. A real issue if the others are not doing the work."

Handing Mynx the coffee, (with cream and caramel drizzle) he starts up making one for himself.