The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Sequenced Sonnet Classes and Contests

Nyyark

Deep in the AAA Guild Tent Nyyark stands behind a stone podium.

“Welcome pennites and guests to Sequenced Sonnet Classes and Contests. This summer I, Nyyark, will be your host. Let me give a brief introduction to both myself and these classes. I, Nyyark, have lived at The Pen’s Keep for quite some time. I was a member like any, and slowly worked my way up to the title Poet. I am now a Word Whittler of The Articulate Artisans of Alliteration, to whom this tent belongs. It is thanks to their generosity, and that of the other two sub-guilds that we have the Carnival of Contests this year, though I would like to note that the majority of Geld donated this year came from the treasury of the AVV, presumably earned from their mission tithes.”

“What you are listening to now is the introduction to a series of lessons and contests about sonnets. The information and lesson plans were gathered and devised by myself, and although I do not have sources to cite, I do believe that most of the information is indeed correct.”

“What I will be doing is explaining both the characteristics and history of the different kinds of sonnets. Then with this information, you, the participant, will attempt to create a contest entry that fits both the information conveyed, and the contest requirements.”

“The reward for all of my contests will be geld. In this way we of the AAA hope to show that learning does enrich your life. Thank you for your participation, and I hope you enjoy yourselves. Please if you have any questions about any of the information, or about the process of the contests, or comments and corrections, as well as ideas for how to do things differently during the next Carnival, feel completely free to post or PM them to me, and I will reply as promptly as I can.”

“Here are the Lessons:”

Contemporary Sonnets

“The door back is This Way.”

Edited by Nyyark