The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Musical of the Pen - Invite to RPers

Katzaniel

The basic idea is that characters have to speak in song/rhyme as much as possible. I guess this is a mixture between multi-authored storytelling and poetry, but I figure it fits better in the Banquet room than here, so there's a link at the bottom. Anyone is welcome!

To give the idea some direction... (stealing this from multiple bad movies)

A group of diverse people are visiting for this rich guy's 60th birthday party. I'll play both him and the maid, because partway in (after everyone is introduced) he gets murdered, and the maid can control things somewhat. Of course, no one can escape from the house (all of the vehicles have been sabotaged, we're in the middle of nowhere, and all characters are afraid of walking :P)

I strongly encourage you to plan on one of the following:

• affair with another character
  • sworn revenge on another character
  • blackmailing another character
  • long lost relative of another character
  • anything else you can think of
You may PM each other to set up any "intrigue" that both parties would know about, or send it through me. I ask that you CC me with anything. ex) You and I dated fifteen years ago, or (to me) Tell X that she ran over someone while drunk driving when she was 16, because that's going to be my sister.

After all this is set up, and everyone knows whatever they need to know about their character, I'll decide who murdered the man and PM you your alibis (or have a brief discussion with you to decide on it). Then we try to unravel it all. The maid is a possible suspect.

In the meantime, I've made an intro post (you can skip the very first post, before the intro post, it says the same things this post does) and you can introduce your character. Remember: Speak in rhyme when you can! This is a musical.

Important note: For those not used to posting in the banquet room... you will get an "email" error when posting, but your post has been made, don't repost.

Link to the Musical in the Banquet Room