The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Gangs of the future

Vanessa

Hi all! I've been planning this thing for a long time, ever since I was playing Neverwinter next to Rich and saw him drop a Balor, a red dragon, three Swords of Never, the evil Aribeth and that Maugrim character all on to a level six character who refused to stop killing villagers of experience :P .

Drat, I started rambling again didn't I? Now where were we...oh yes, the plan. Here goes.

The idea is this. The year is 2520. Technology has advanced in great waves, allowing mankind access to more effective and painful ways of killing each other. Several small towns have been destroyed, either on purpose or by a scientific accident. Parts of the world are now made uninhabitable due to the prescense of lizards known as Grakkar (more on these below). Humankind has been divided as it never has before. It has split into three seperate groups, each with thier own ideology (see below). They do, naturally enough, have the standard "take over the world" policy. Name me one self-respecting organisation that doesn't :rolleyes: .

The three groups, or "orders" are as follows:

The Black Order-Founded by crimelords, black marketeers and your traditional all round bad guys. So far they have been trying to bring down the White Order by stealth more than brute force, though that of course may change.

The White Order-This Order was put together by the surviving government leaders in the year 2480, in an attempt to end crime and bring about equality and justice. Equality and justice, that is, which they are far to knowledgeable to be touched by. They have a large supply of armed soldiers along with enough money to equip and train them proffesionaly. They are not all muscle, however.

The Grey Order-A secret group of people, never coming publicly into view and often considered to be merely a rumour. Rumour has it that many who pretend to be of either the Black or the White are actually in the service of the Grey. This is spoken quietly however, for any such accusations bring severe punishment. The true size, nature and purpose of the Grey Order is not yet clear.

Now then, here's what I want to happen. There will be a weeks joining period, starting from when the first person replies to this post. Whoever joins during that time will need to decide which Order they are in and include this in thier post. I want the teams to be reasonably even, so if we end up with a large imbalance I'll add some people under my control to the mix. The game will end when one Order has come out on top. Furthur instructions and rules will be issued once I have a list of people.

As a final word: Please join!! :D