The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Willow

((Okay, so I'll start this thread, anyone is free to join, of course :D . For the visual, This basically takes place in a large, greatly vegitated, area. With many trees, lots of grass, flowers, perhaps a small pond, and a large willow tree. I don't know if anyone has ever done a thread this simple *shrug* but I like it that way, it just makes RPing a whole lot easier. Advanced players are welcome too though! I'd love the help! :lol: ALRIGHTY enough of the chit chat..))

Samara sits quietly under the large, willow tree. It's flowy branches sway gently in the cool breeze. Butterflies dance harmonously in the air as the sunlight shines through the clouds. A sigh, and nothing more. She is at complete peace, closing her eyes and listening...just listening.

Heinrich wandered though the trees, the sound of his metal staff hitting the ground muffled by fallen leaves. His black robes were drawn tightly about him, and a frown creased his face as he swung his head from side to side, as if searching for something. With a start he noticed a willow tree with a strange addition, this being someone sitting beneath it. Curious, he stood and studied the stranger, wondering if she was the reason he had been transported to this unknown place.

Hearing the fluttering of birds wings and their cheerful singing, a smile appears on her face. But then she hears what seems to be footsteps across the leaves and dewy, grass nearby. She stands to peer at her surroundings::

"Hello? Who's there?"

Pleased that the stranger infront of him at least spoke a language he understood, he thought carefully before phrasing his reply. He had as yet no reason to distrust her, but he had been mislead even by people he had once trusted.

"My name is Heinrich, an outcast of the order of Witch Hunters. Who are you? What is this place? I have travelled far amoung the lands but I have never seen anything such as this."

His voice was deep and compelling, overlaid with a strong impression that he was used to getting answers.

Looking at Heinrich, she smiles sweetly and holds out her hand to shake his. "I'm Samara. Guardian of the Unloved. I spend much of my time here. Beautiful isn't it?" Smiling again she tilts her head curiously "Witch hunters? How interesting."

Smilingly slightly Heinrich took her hand, the callouses on his palm feeling rough against hers, his grip stronger than the look of his thin hand would suggest.

"I'm afraid my view of beauty has been somewhat dulled over the years. I look at what is around me and see only," Heinrich paused, then shrugged, leaving his sentance unfinished.

Softly chuckling she shakes her head and grins at him, "Really that dulled? Goodness." She still felt uncomfortable about the witch hunting thing. Well...it's not like anybody knows... she shrugs thinking to herself and slightly, nervously pulls a stray curl back behind her ear. "So where are you from?"

"Originally I was from a small town called Parasis. Then I travelled to the fortress of the Witch Hunters in Duranon. When I was outcast I proceeded to travel the lands, learning what I could from the various races, the elves in particular. I have no real place to call my home now. Is this place your home?"

"No, I just wander from place to place having no true home, aswell. Doesn't bother me much though, I enjoy the adventurous life. Although, I really like it here and plan on staying. I'm just trying to make some friends while I'm at it." She smiles again watching a few crows fly overhead and fluffs out her tattered skirt. "I really should stop climbing trees...another skirt ruined." She giggles softly

Mara soared over the wooded forest on her giant roc, Maralasoth (Lit: Bearer of Mara). The feel of the wind in her face exillerated her, as it always did, and her dark black hair streamed out behind her. Distracted by the enjoyment of her flight, she forgot to keep a watch on the ground below her, and only Maralasoth's sharp cry called her attention to the terrain below. Berating herself for forgetting she was supposed to be taking note of the land she explored on her first flight, she quickly scanned the area below her.

He sharp, tilted elven eyes easily spotted the clearing, and just as easily spotted the two figures standing in it. With a sharp intake of breath she recognised Heinrich, though the other figure was new to her. Briefly she considered sending out a telepathic greeting to her friend and occasional teacher of 10 years, then she giggled slightly to herself and decided to try and surprise him.

Nudging Maralasoth with her knees, she ordered her into a sharp dive, straight towards Heinrich.

(OOC: Oh you are SO going to regret that Ness...)

Heinrich permitted himself a brief smile as his ever searching mind detected the approach of his part-time student. So, she believed she could sneak up on him did she. Murmering an incantation under his breath he quickly summoned a minor air elemental. Being only a fairly weak elemental, he was able to summon it swiftly without the aid of his staff. He did not wish to use it in Samara's presence just yet. Best if she was not aware fully of what he was capable of. The elemental hovered infront of him, awaiting instructions. Hurridly, aware of the speed at which Mara was approaching, he issued orders in the language of the elements.

"Catch the roc that is descending towards me. Do not harm either it or the rider, but instead bring it safely to land beside me. Then return to your plane of existance."

The air elemental bowed solemnly and rushed up to meet the roc. Embracing it with a current of wind stronger than the heaviest chains it brought it down to the ground, ignoring the surprised squark given by the elven rider. After it had lowered the roc and its passenger to the ground it vanished.

Heinrich turned calmly to Mara and raised an eyebrow, an amused look on his face.

"Greetings Mara, always a pleasure to see you again."

Mara scowled and muttered something inaudible under her breath, Heinrich doubted it was complimentry. Maralasoth let out a cry of greeting, seemingly not in the least disturbed by the experience with the elemental.

Edited by Solivagus

Turning her glare away from Heinrich she faced Samara. The glare vanished and was replaced with a slightly impish grin. The strangers grin seemed heartfelt, and Mara's grin widened as she thought of how it might end up irritating Heinrich. I slightly reproving prescence touched her mind, and it was only her training that prevented her from showing any surprise.

"I always try to catch Heinrich unawares." She explained, her cheerful voice making her seem on the verge of breaking into laughter. "One day I'll manage it, then I'll have great pleasure in reminding him every time I meet him."

Out of the corner of her eye she saw Heinrich shake his head slightly, his mouth flickering briefly into a mocking smile before returning to its familiar compressed line.

"One day..." she sent silently across thier link.

"Perhaps, elven child, but only when you manage to learn enough self control to hide your thoughts."

"I'm Mara, and this is Maralasoth. I'm a wing rider. Well, a wing rider in training anyway. My father's Kirinath, first prince of the elves." She said this without any sign that she expected to be shown special consideration, her years in training had proven to her that until she had completed her trials she was the equal of everyone else.

"Cool. I've never met an elf before! And royal? Even cooler. I'm Guardian of the Unloved. Rather tricky title I'd say, but everyone needs a friend." she squints slightly feeling like she'd said something so utterly cheesy...and gives a quick smile to cover up gracefully.

"See Heinrich," Mara said, turning to Heinrich and grinning. "I'm not the only one who thinks such things, despite what you claim."

"Maybe not, elven child, but even if all the lands believed friends were needed I would still hold to my opinion. Everyone needs allies, but friendship is irrelevent."

Mara grimaced slightly over the stubborness of the man that she, at least, called friend, but decided not to argue. She had tried to do so before, but it never got her anywhere.