The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Search for a Guitar

Alaeha

OOC: This'll hopefully be a relatively brief one, but... I might as well try to get the membership of the Pen in on this story, right? :lol:

Alaeha sat in the corner of the Cabaret, paging through the book Wyvern had pressed into her hands.

"101 Heavy Metal Spellsongs?" She mumbled to herself, "I don't see the Almost Dragonic Logo anywhere..."

She had shown it to Melba, and to her surprise, Melba said it had come from a reputable publisher. The book included the openings to some of POOL's best songs, some of SHO's best chords, and even some of Custom's and Their's melodies.

There were songs that would literally boil the blood in your veins if played long enough, (though that would take long enough that the notorious poison Ex-Stacy would be more efficient - especially in conjunction with its elder sisters: Her Own and Calf Fiend,) and lyrical suggestions that would drop the temperature of a room by five degrees. It was all useless though.

She didn't have an electric guitar, or an amp, or a mixer, or even a good pair of speakers.

And she didn't know where to begin looking, either.

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh! Oooh! I'll play as long as it doesn't get really crowded and random! :lol:

Jareena Faye Evedaughter rode into town, looking at it as if in a dream. She had not seen the village of Penboard in nearly four months, having been traveling abroad on many ongoing crusades. Seeing Wyvern's Cabaret nearby, she dismounted to enter, wondering if Wyvern would be there so that she might say hello.

Not to her surprise, Wyvern was absent, probably on another wild money-making adventure. There was, however, a half-Elven lady, most likely awaiting a meeting with the same person. Holding an open book curiously, she was speaking to Melba.

"It comes from a reputable publisher," Melba was saying, going on to explain the book's uses.

"If only I had some sort of guitar," Alaeha muttered to herself.

"An electric guitar? From the Land of Things Explained?" Jareena asked, butting into another conversation where she was most likely unwelcome. At the stares of Melba and Alaeha, the lady knight smiled bashfully and shrugged. "That sounds like a worthy crusade to me!"