The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The ways of the Jedi

Solivagus

I was going to try and write a story about the Jedi, but considering the lack of success I have had with my Heinrich stories I decided to put a topic in here and hope that people would join and create a story that way.

Heinrich paced his room angrily, thoughts of his traing running through his head. Damn it all, it wasn't fair! He had more talent than any other student save one, he had raced through his training passing all the tests with a speed that had astonished his teachers, and yet they still would not award him the title of Jedi Knight.

His master just droned on and on, explaining the uses of a lightsabre and the force despite the fact he had already proven he could match his teacher blow for blow. Why, only today he had bested his master in a combat that had started off with a sneak attack from his teacher. He had used the force effectivly and his master had had to admit defeat. Why then wasn't he a Jedi Knight?!

With a soft hiss the door behind him opened and he whirled, hand on the lightsabre he had crafted himself, ready to defend himself if he had to. When he saw who it was he relaxed, though he did not take his hand from his weapon. Just to touch it felt...good.

"Twitchy today aren't we." Lorna said, her voice carrying a trace of amusment. The smile faded from her face however when she saw he had not released his sabre. That thing sent shivers down her spine. The haft was longer than the standard sabre, and she had her suspicions about why. It was inlaid with red gems that seemed always to catch the light and make her feel like it was watching her. An absurd thought of course but one she couldn't shake.

"What are you doing here Lorna?" Heinrich growled, his anger seeping into his voice despite his attempts to be civil.

Lorna's eyebrows raised, but one glance into Heinrichs eyes told her the reason for his words. "They refused you agin, huh."

"They have no right! I should have been a full Jedi long ago, as should you.

"You must surrender to the will of the council," she replied calmly. "They know what is best for the order."

Heinrich sneered. She always sided with the council, no matter what thier descision or who it hurt. Lorna saw the look on his face and took a deep breath, restoring her emotional balance.

"I believe I had better go before you do something you regret." She said quietly, before turning and leaving the room.

As soon as she had gone Heinrich realised he had come to a decision. The academy had taught him everything it could, the Jedi council refused to acknowledge his abilities, and his only friend and challenge refused to admit that the council made mistakes. It was time he left to seek another teacher. Hastily he packed his bags, all the while forming a plan on how to leave the academy undetected.

Lorna = Vanessa

Edited by Solivagus

"You're gonna do what?" Varix began.

"Second drive shaft." said Heinrich "It's offline most of the day. But I need a way to get down... and someone to keep people out."

Varix sighed. As an Antarian Ranger he had given his life over to helping the jedi. It's just that guarding a bunch of studnets was pretty anti-climactic.

"O.K. look, if we're going to make this work, i'll need time."

Varix took a stroll to the main liftworks. The hum of repulsorlitfs vibrated the Bothan's earrings as he went to the central control panel.

He quickly checked the monitor vids of the second drive shaft. No passengers.

"O.K. then..." murmured Varix "Now we'll see when the maintenance boys have a sloppy lunch..."

He picked open an access panel with a bootknife, removing the driver chip marked #2. He then broke out a handy can of Stim and poured it all over the panel. The chip began to spark and fizzle.

"It looks like Stim really does add life!" Varix mused as he replaced the chip. He quickly bolted the panel and went to an access hall with his commlink.

"Your path is clear Hein... I'll meet you later."

Varix returned to his patrols. He would finish out his day, but not before reporting for an off duty request. Someone was going to have to look out for the young apprentice.

"The universe is cold and unforgiving." he thought "But at least there will be a net for you young one."

Lorna sat in her room, a look of peace on her face as she meditated on what her master had told her. The Jedi code ran through her head time and again, bringing her mind and body together and allowing her to control her emotions. Almost reluctantly she left her meditation, then sighed with a touch of irritation that she quickly suppressed. Her worry about Heinrich and what she should do was still there, despite her meditation.

She had to decide what she was going to do, unfortunatly whatever choice she made would probably bring either herself or another, pain. All of her teaching and most of her mind instructed her to approach the council and inform them of what she had seen in Heinrichs eyes. She knew full well why he had not become a Jedi Knight. Despite all his skill with the force and sabre he was still unable to control his emotions. "A Jedi without self control is no Jedi" she murmerd to herself. That was one of the first things that had been explained to her when she had first joined the order.

However, if she approached the council with her fear of what Heinrichs anger might do to him, she might well be damning her friend, not to mention ending thier friendship. Focusing her thoughts she removed all trace of emotion from her mind. As she had been taught, she used her mind to concentrate on the problem without allowing herself to worry about the consequences. With that, she realised what she must do. Calmly she set off to find Master Gorak, head of the council.

Heinrich carefully made his way down the drive shaft, trying to ignore the amount of space that was below him. He moved slowly, making sure not to make any noise that would attract attention. He reflected on the generosity of his friend, Varix. Other than Lorna he wasn't sure he could trust anyone else in the academy not to inform the council of his plan. "I can't even be sure about Lorna either the way she looks at life." The thought saddened him.

Suddenly, while his mind was wandering, his foot slipped on one of the rungs below him, and only an instinctive grab for handholds stopped him from falling. He hung there, motionless, while he tried to get himself back under control and back to breathing normally. He supposed he was lucky he had been able to catch himself. Tipping his head slightly he listened for noise, but there was none. Another stroke of luck. He bagan his descent again, refusing to let his mind wander.

The climb ended in a maintenance hatch, which he swiftly unclipped and swung aside. He crawled out slowly, checking around for any watchers. No one would be guarding the hatch of course, but it was next to a side exit to the enclave and he had come too far to be stopped now just because he wanted to get out of what he considered only just short of being his prison.

Sure enough, a Jedi Knight stood at the door, his back to Heinrich as he studied the grounds outside of the complex. Heinrich vaugely noted that he had never seen the sky so blue, the grass so green. I'll come back one day. Realising he was merely postponing his departure, he quickly ran through his options. He could kill the Jedi, a difficult task and one that went against everything he had been taught. He could retreat, and that wasn't an option at all as far as he was concerned. The last option was to use the force. Heinrich smiled grimly.

Focusing the power that ran throughout him, he struck out with it at the Jedi's mind like a whip, trying to distract the Jedi for long enough for him to make his escape. He felt some slight natural resistance as his power met the Jedi's mind, but the Jedi was not expecting an attack, was not ready for it. He had no chance. The force struck in to him almost savagly, dousing his mind in pure energy. Heinrich gaped as he felt the power he had unleashed run through the Jedi, then let out a gasp of pain as a backlash of the force hit him, making him dizzy and almost causing him to faint.

When he regained control of himself his mouth gaped open in horror. The Jedi was lying sprawled on the grass, not moving a muscle. Jedi mind trick shouldn't have had that effect! Quickly he hurried over to the Jedi, and was relieved to find a pulse. He took hold of the Jedi's shoulders and with some effort manouvered the body into the maintenance hatch. Closing the hatch, he quickly made his way through the gate into freedom. The power he had unleashed at once terrified and excited him. He needed to find a true Jedi Master quickly.

That is one of my quests-if you want to be a Jedi Master fine but you can't be the one who will be my teacher :D

Edited by Solivagus

Heinrich ran as fast as he could out the gate and into the open air. Yet with a ping of regret he knew he had to dragged himself back into the mechanical labyrinth to reach the landing dock. Once he's there he'll steal himself a fighter jet to escape from this homeworld, and then from the reach of the jedi council. Eveuntually he was out of breath and began to measure his pace with cautious as he strolled his way to the docking bay. Only the soft humming of the plasma coolant fans echoed in the mechanical hallway. Young Heinrich projected his life force like a mist, reaching out to sense any life approaching. The force that he wields is so perceptive that he could sense the heartbeat of a cockroach behind pipe 5 precisely 31.45 cm away. Besides that the whole spaceport has no taint of life about it. Heinrich cursed as he wonder where in the galexy was Varix.

And then Heinrich bumped into something.

“R1D4!” Heinrich was surprise to see his favorite astromech droid crashed into him.

“Beep beep dun dun beep.” R1D4 exclaim as his projector flashed blue lights in Heinrich’s direction.

“I’m sorry R1,” Heinrich apologized as he helped the bot up from the floor. “What are you doing here?”

“Beep dun dun dun beep beep.” R1D4 casually replied.

Heinrich had never expected this. Ofcourse he could not sense R1, for he was not living. Heinrich could trust R1, and the fact that a astromech droid could be more of a hinderance then an asset in this situation. Still he could not turn leave the bot behind now that it has spotted him. Could there be other bots around here as well?

“Say… R1, you don’t happen to have the universal navigation star chat in your data bank do you?”

“Plet beep.” A holoprojector shoots out from the droid and displayed a map of the Androma quadarant.

Heinrich looked not only with his eyes but the force within him. Instantly something had caught his eye.

“What’s that empty room over there?”

R1’s head rotate and emitted a string of negative answers.

“Strange,” Heinrich commented, “The gravitional field had indicated that there must be a star sytem within this sector. Yet the map said this area is empty… still I better concentrate on the task at hand.”

R1D4 beeped Heinrich again and they continued to hurry down the hall.

Edited by Vigil StarGazer

Humph-fine. I'll be the only one following the will of the Jedi council. See if I care. I hope the dark side takes you all :P

The doors infront of Lorna opened with a soft hiss and she stepped into the large, white, bell shaped hall that was the Jedi council room. There were no lamps, instead small pots of crystals were placed at set points in the room. These crystals caught the light that streamed in through the floor-to-ceiling windows and refracted it into many different colours, leaving no space unlit. Slowly she approached the seven figures seated in a semi-circle facing her, the Jedi masters of the academy.

"Greetings child," Master Gorak said in his deep voice. "You have asked for our council?"

Bowing, Lorna began to explain her reasons for approaching the council. "I stopped off to see Heinrich about an hour ago and..." Suddenly she cut off, her eyes widening in shock. The Force inside of her seemed to fluctuate violently. The feel of it seemed to change as well, becoming somehow more sinister. For the first time since she had learned to feel the Force inside of her she wished she was unable to. As suddenly as the feelings had started, they were gone, and Lorna was left wondering whether she had felt anything or not.

One look at the Jedi council told her it had happened. Master Goraks normally calm eyes were tight, and Master Yoraths fists her clenched as if bracing himself for something. The other Jedi Masters also showed similar signs of strain.

"What...what was it?" Lorna asked, her voice faint despite all her efforts to calm herself.

The council exchanged glances, but none spoke. Then Master Gorak spoke. "It was a...disturbance, child."

"But that's not possible!" Lorna burst out. "Causes of disturbance were wiped out years ago, everyone knows that!"

"Calm yourself child."

Hastily Lorna struggled to regain control of her emotions, but in her hurry they merely became more scrambled. Taking a deep breath she tried again, slower this time but with more success. Eventually she was able to speak normally again, though she still could not shake off the unpleasntness of hat she had just felt.

"Forgive me, master. It will not happen again."

"We will find the problem in due time, child. Tell us why you are here."

Lorna quickly told of what she had seen in Heinrichs eyes and of her fears while the council watched, thier faces and postures calm once more. When she had said her piece she couldn't help feeling slightly silly. It sounded so childish, worrying about the look in someones eyes and then running off to the council about it. A look into Master Goraks face told her she had not made a mistake.

"You have done well to bring this to us, child. The matter of Padawan Heinrich will be settled soon. Return to your studies now. May the Force be with you."

Lorna bowed again and left the council chamber. They would know what to do. She wished she didn't sound so much like she was trying to convince herself. Footsteps hurrying, she set off to one of the many training rooms.

Heinrich had finally eluded the guards at the temple. He had made his way down to the village nearby. It was damp and rainy. The drops plinked off of R1D4's chassis.

"Bwooo..." the droid sulked as Heinrich pulled his cloak tighter.

The inhabitants were a simple folk. They were on the way to the starport, and there would usually be lines of food vendors hawking thier wares.

Sadly, there was only one place open. Heinrich went in to dry his chilled core.

"One bowl of...WHAT?" he exclamed.

"Yo!" said Varix, sipping at a hot mug "What kept you?"

"You were supposed to meet me at the temple walls! Where were you?"

"I never said such thing. Now have a bowl of washuri, it's fresh this time of year you know."

Grumbling, Heinrich sat in a stool. R1D4 slid in and crowded the heater, to dry out his circuts. Heinrich ate in silence while the old Bothan studied the boy.

"I took the liberty of getting us a few speeder bikes." Varix began "We can get to the starport in an hour with them. When we get ther we can make... arrangements for passage. Oh! and I got you these."

He produced a set of clothes. They looked very plain, a jumpsuit and a brimmed hat way out of style.

"Less people that know you're about, the better." said Varix "Finish your soup and rest a bit... I got to think of a way to get R1 strapped to a speeder..."

"BWEEE!" yelped the droid, as Varix brought out his ever present roll of Dura-Duct.

Varix looked at the sleeping Padawan. The star drives hummed around them. Earlier in the day he had contacted an old freighter friend of his and booked some cargo. Soon the three would make it to a starport, then Heinrich would make the decisions.

His orders had been clear. Guard the young padawan until he was ready to resume his proper training. Also he had to steer the young one away from bad influences.

Varix scratched behind his ear absentmindedly.

"And thus begins his saga..."

Heinrich stared intently at the star map being displayed by R1, his eyes constantly being pulled back to the unexplored sector of the Androma quadarant. That area had run constantly through his dreams as he slept. Now matter how much he tried to clear his mind it was constantly being pulled back to the unmarked area of space. Shrugging slightly he programmed in the course that would take them towards the sector and pressed engage. It would take a while for him to get there, but he felt sure it would be worth it.

Once the ship was moving he pulled a small datapad from his back pocket. Quickly he typed in the pascode that unlocked it. A small viewscreen sprang to life, showing the inside of the droid yard at the Jedi academy. Smiling slightly he punched in a series of commands. Small lights began to light up on areas of the datapad, and the view rose a few inches as the droid the datapad controlled came back to life for the first time in years. It had been a present he had made for Lorna for her eighteenth birthday. His smile widened as he remembered the look on her face and the mock outrage she had shown when he told her he had made it so she didn't have to worry about losing the passcodes to her door again.

Just then Varix popped his head 'round the doorway and Heinrich hastily switched the droid back off and slipped the datapad into his pocket again before the Ranger could see. For some reason he couldn't explain he didn't want Varix knowing he had a way of seeing what was going on in the Jedi enclave.

"We're heading off to an unexplored part of the Androma quadarant." He said calmly. "Hopefully there I will be able to find people and ways to teach me how to use the Force, rather than just having to listen to lectures about self control."

Look at me, I'm having to devise imaginary friends just so I can have allies. I didn't include a name for my friend, maybe I'll get lucky and someone will join me. :(

Lorna dived into a smooth roll and lunged with her sabre, the blade of light humming slightly and detonating the small practice droid on contact. Throwing her hand out she sent a wave of the Force into the second droid, flinging it into the wall and destroying it as well. The third droid was caught up by strands of the Force sent from her fingertips. With a sharp tug Lorna brought it onto her sabre. Sighing irritably she ended the program. No matter how hard she set the traing program it was still too easy, and her master refused to let her practice on the more sophisticated droids.

"Want some company?" A voice behind he asked.

Grinning at the familar voice of her friend Lorna turned round. "I didn't expect to see you here. I thought you'd be ransacking my room for the latest assignment."

Her friends face radiated such a look of wide eyed innocence that Lorna couldn't help but laugh.

"Well, I thought about it, but that damned droid that Heinrich built for you was guarding your room." A touch of irritation had entered her friends voice, though she would have been willing to bet it was fake. Raising an eyebrow Lorna raised her sabre, ready for her friends attack.

Swiftly her friend launched several blows at her head. Lorna turned them aside with ease, sparks flying as the sabres made contact. She rolled to the side, slowly passing her blade across her friends shins. Her friend jumped to avoid the blow, dived and lunged. Hastily Lorna jumped back before flinging her hand out, the Force she sent outward aimed at her friends sabre. With a sharp jerk the sabre was pulled from her friends hand and sent flying across the training room. Undaunted her friend dived for it, rolled and managed to deflect Lorna's follow up attack.

Lorna grinned at the challenge her friend was giving her, it felt good to face a challenge again. Thier blows came faster, each concentrating on the Force, allowing it to guide thier actions and aid them in avoiding and countering blows. Once again her friend launched blows at her head, but instead of deflecting them she ducked and swept her blade across her friends stomach. With a rueful smile her friend retracted her blade.

"You win, this time." She grinned. Together they headed off to Lornas chambers to get some refreshments.

"Has thier been any news of Heinrich?" Her friend asked as they walked. Her tone was cautious, she new she was walking on touchy ground. Lorna's face took on a sad cast.

"No. But the Jedi council has had a report of a star ship being stolen, and of a Jedi being made unconcious by the force."

Her friend gaped. "Unconcious? And a starship stolen? How could Heinrich do that?"

"He's angry, and desperate." Lorna replied sadly. I worry about him, my dreams haven't been the same since he left. I see him walking down a path that splits. Over one fork is a lightsabre with twin blades, the other has a symbol of two crossed sabres. The twin lightsabre scares me." It took an effort for her to admit her fear, she should not have felt that emotion but however hard she tried she could not be rid of it.

Her friend shivered. She knew her friends ability to control her emotions. For her to feel fear and not be able to suppress it... "He'll come back." She said confidently. "Where else has he got to go?"

Lorna made no reply, and the rest of the walk to her apartments was made in silence.

Smoke and mist seemed to swirl around Fable's head. Voices, he could hear voices. And he could recognize some shapes, familiar ones. Yes, that must be the nurse, talking with Master Gorak. Where was he? Oh that was obvious, he had to be in health wing, he could remember the pain, it had come suddenly and then things had just gone blank. The pain was unfamiliar too, as a Jedi he had felt pain more than enough times to be familiar with it, but this pain was far more sinister feeling. It made him uneasy. He realized he still hadn't opened his eyes. But they were still talking. Well, why waste the temporary advantage?

"But he is in good health, Master Gorak"

"I know, he is a fine example of a Jedi," he replied. Gorak had to keep himself from smiling, such praise he would never hear if he was awake.

"But he needs to stay in the wing for the next few days," Master Gorak continued, " at least." Fable didn’t like the sound of that.

"Why?" she asked

"I'm worried about his encounter with the disturbance. He's lucky to be alive; it would have killed an ordinary man. He needs to be kept under watch, the encounter may have left some unwanted side effects"

"What side effects?" Fable said, sitting up quickly. Big mistake, his head reeled and he rested it in his palm and closed his eyes.

"Oh, dear!" she came to his side with a tray that had a glass of water, "Drink this" she told him. He reached out with the force to bring the glass to him.

The glass didn't move.

His eyes shot open. The nurse handed him the glass, apparently not noticing his reaction, but Master Gorak raised his eyebrows slightly. Fable nearly dropped the glass.

"I should be getting back to the council," Master Gorak said before stepping out the door.

"Don't worry dearie, you drink your water and try to get some rest," the nurse tried to reassure him, pushing him gently on the shoulder till he was lying down again. She turned into her office area and if she had looked up she would have seen how white his face had become.

:dragon4:

Lorna paced back and forth by Fables bed. She couldn't help feeling it was her fault he was hurt. If she hadn't hesitated on going to the council, if she hadn't let her own emotions interfre with her descision...

She tried hard to stop pacing and focus on peace, but too many ideas were running through her head. The council had said her dreams meant something, but they refused to say what. She had an annoying droid following her around and had no idea how to stop it short of attacking it with her lightsabre, Heinrich was outside the enclave all alone and no doubt getting into loads of trouble, and she may very well be the reason Fable was in a sickbed. It was intolerable!

Fable opened an eye, no one was around. He sat up quietly and started for the door. That's when he saw Lorna sitting in the chair.

He froze.

She was asleep. Nice girl, obviously felt responsible for his condition.

Damn it, he was using the term too now, three days of having the various doctors and masters come to view his condition and still no idea what had happened. The best they could figure was that his all-important M-count had dropped to almost nothing. No hope of ever recovering.

So he was a lost cause. A noble warrior who had lost his powers and would be sung about by the troubadours in the sad songs they sing.

Well not for him. One advantage of his...

Condition was that he could slip out easily unnoticed. He could walk right up to this Lorna's face and she couldn't tell he was there with her eyes closed.

He felt sorry for her; it wasn't her fault. But he knew who's fault it was and he was going to make sure he paid.

Edited by MeThinksUFoolish

"It doesn't make any sense!" Vileil muttered to herself as she entered the near-empty Health Wing. "None of it!"

She knew Heinrich... He wouldn't have done something like this. Even desperate, he wouldn't have destroyed someone's power... the idea didn't even occur to most Jedi. It was dishonorable. Even with her much-acclaimed self control, Vileil couldn't keep the hint of a sneer off her face at the thought.

But even Lorna couldn't deny that he had done it. It didn't matter now whether she would have believed him capable of it or not. He was.

And there was Lorna, asleep in the chair just inside. Poor girl... she was worried nearly to tears about the man - Fable, she had said.

Vileil sat on the edge of the bed for a moment, waiting for Lorna to awaken, but gave up on waiting.. She had a question for her.

"Lorna..."

"Hmm?" Lorna's eyes snapped open, registered her friend, and closed again.

"Where's Fable?"

Heinrich looked thoughtfully at the object hanging in space infront of the ship. It appeared to be a small beacon, and it was also somehow stopping the ship from moving forward. Impatiently he scanned the object again, and R1's holoprojector sprung to life. The image of a human, about Heinrichs height and with a light sabre at his hip, began to broadcast a message.

"BY ORDER OF THE JEDI COUNCIL, THIS SECTION OF THE GALAXY IS OFF LIMITS TO ALL. PLEASE TURN BACK. THANKYOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION."

"This has got to be it!" He said, his voice full of enthusiasm. "There must be something here that can help me learn."

"Or maybe they want to keep people away from something dangerous." Varix drawled.

"What could be dangerous to a Jedi like me?" Heinrich grinned at the ranger, then a frown crossed his face as he turned back to the image. "All I have to do is get us loose and away."

Slowly he formed a picture of his lightsabre in his mind. It always helped him to focus on something familiar when trying to clear his mind to let the Force guide his hand. Soon everything was gone, all thought and knowledge, all emotion. There was only the Force. Slowly his eyes opened and he reached out his hands, his movements seeming somehow stately. His fingers tapped in a sequence of commands and the ship shuddered slightly, its engines taking on a strange high-pitched whine. With a muffled thwump the entire ship shook, and *something* shot out from the front of the ship.

Looking like a bright blue fork of lightning it shot from the front of the ship and slammed into the beacon, causing it to detonate. R1 was sent flying across the chamber, holographic display short circuiting but suffering no other damage,. The ships engines reduced themselves back to thier normal pitch, and Heinrich awoke from his trance.

His face was pale and shaken, but all he said before weaving off to his bunk to sleep was "At least we got through."

In the council room of the Jedi enclave, a message began to flash on a view screen infront of Master Gorak

"Well, well Varix. A nice big pickle we're in now, eh?" muttered the elder Bothan.

He grumbled as he made his routine checks. If he was going into unsecured space, he would be damned sure it woulden't be in a ship that was going to never make it back out...

He finished deck three and headed to the small observation lounge. A small place with a tiny, unworking, holovid and a simple dining booth. Much to Varix's surprize R1D4 was idling next to the view window.

"Hmph!" Varix grunted as he gave the R4 unit a quick thump with his spanner "You could be helping me with the checks. We don't even have a skeleton crew for this boat! If we get into some sort of trouble out there..."

"Bwooo" sighed the droid as it tapped on the dura-plas. Varix looked out...

A nebula. He'd never been so close to one! The dying star took on a brilliance that none could rival. Blues played on white and red in a splendor he had never seen.

The Bothan rubbed his eyes as his fur rippled in joy... and yet, something was off. He squinted hard.

"You know... even amongst that light, I can see where it began. And it's a very dark spot indeed..."

"Bwweet Brudoot Bwoop"

"Of course. I've been hanging around the Jedi academy too long! Think thier lessons are rubbin off on me, huh?"

Varix re-adjusted his toolbelt and head off. In a bit of better spirits but carrying a small pit of fear. What if this were to be his last duty for the Anterian Rangers. What if Heinrich didn't come back...

Perhaps it was time to send a comm home...

To all players. I am afraid that a duty stronger than even my love of the Pen, roleplay, and Jedi, has come to the front once more. One day I'll find myself a way to cut the strings that bind me. Until then...damn. Anyway, it means that entries from me are going to be infrequent for the next week, longer if things do not go to plan. My apologies.

Richard

Fable double-checked his course. He adjusted the pitch slightly and sat back in the pilot's chair. The ship was fast but he still had a long ways to go if he wanted to catch Heinrich. He didn't have anything to read or do, just him and his thoughts.

The memory of the old man still troubled him.

The other two had fought him and they died in the battle, no match for his skills with the saber, he could still wield one, even if he had lost his powers. They had been killed because he needed them to be dead.

But the old man, he had just stood there, making no movement.

And he had killed him.

The room seemed colder than normal and the seat was not as comfortable as it should have been, it felt like something was jutting into his back.

How many times had the old man sat in this seat, he thought. Damn the Innocents.

Well, it had to be done. No point in denying it, they wouldn't have let him take the ship. He had to eliminate them if he was to follow through in his plan. And it had been swift, painless. It's what any Jedi would have done.

But he was no longer Jedi. Jedi didn't kill old weaponless men. Jedi didn't go on missions of revenge. Jedi had powers.

Well, if he couldn't be Jedi anymore then he didn't have to follow the same guidelines. Damn the Innocents. He'd follow his own guidelines.

The console beeped. He was only a few minutes away from the planet Vigor. He doubted he'd find Heinrich there, but he did have connections he was going to meet. People who could find anybody.

Besides, the man he had spoken to claimed he knew where he could find a master of the ancient crafts. The Forbidden ancient crafts. Well, if he expected to take on a full Jedi, he'd have to find some way to kill him. Damn the Innocents.

Edited by MeThinksUFoolish

Lorna moved calmly through the otherwise surprisingly busy halls, making her way towards the council chambers where she had been summoned. At her side trundled a droid, classification H666. She had no idea how do stop it following her, unless it was by dismantling it.

A small part of her mind wondered why the halls were so busy, usually the quarters where the Padawans were housed were silent. She didn't try to listen in on what her fellow students were saying, if they wanted her to know they would tell her.

"Welcome child." Mast Gorak greeted her as she entered the familiar council room. The small part in her mind that was busy thinking wondered if any other Padawan had been in this room as many times as she had. "Master Gorak." she replied calmly, bowing slightly.

"We have had reports of someone destroying one of our beacons in the Androma quadrant." Master Gorak continued. "We believe it has something to do with Padawan Heinrich. The beacon was set there as a warning many years ago to keep people away from an extremely dangerous area of space. We require you to investigate this matter. A ship is waiting for you at the space port." Lorna only just managed to keep her mouth from gaping open.

"You're sending me out on a mission to a dangerous part of the galaxy? Alone?! What about my training? I'm not even a full Jedi yet and..." Her voice trailed off under the impassive stares of the Jed council, and she hastily struggled to regain control. It was not easy, with the Masters staring at her and such an important order being put infront of her, but eventually she managed.

"Child, we do not expect you to go alone. You may take two others with you if you wish. We would send a full Jedi along to aid you, but I am afraid that will not be possible. There has been a disturbing increase in the demand for Jedi, you will have to do the best you can. Do not worry, the evil that once lived in that sector has no doubt long died out. All you will have to do is find Heinrich and bring him back. Good luck, Lorna."

Lorna bowed again as she left and then hurried off to her room to pack for the trip. Her mind was in such a state over the mission that it wasn't until she had just reached her door that she realised the Master had called her by her first name. Blinking, she opened the door and found the robes of a Jedi Knight spread on her bed, along with a note in Master Goraks smooth hand. It said just one word-congratuylations.

Feeling instantly better, she quickly changed and went out to meet her ship.

In the council chamber Master Gorak turned to his fellow council members. "Should we have told her about Jedi Fable?"

"I think not." replied Master Thosa, calmly. "There is no reason to believe that he will be involved, he does not even have the power of the Force behind him. She has enough to worry about."

Master Gorak nodded slightly in reply, but he couldn't help feeling they would be hearing Jedi Fable's name again.

Edited by Vanessa

Heinrich kept his face blank as he replayed the last transmission from his droid at the Jedi enclave, but he couldn't keep his ideas from boiling. Lorna, his friend since he first joined the order, had decided to betray him on the command of the council! Fine! If she wanted to be the goody two shoes and always follow orders that was her problem. Her loss as well. Why couldn't she understand he was doing what he was in order to improve the Jedi order.

His eyes strayed from the datapad recording and glanced out of the viewscreen, showing the strange looking nebula. It seemed almost to call to him. He knew at once that he had found where he must go, it was there that he would increase his knowledge of the Force, it was there that the Force inside of him wanted him to go. His very being seemed to tingle with the mere thought of the power that awaited him.

All in good time though. He would have to put off his exploring until the survey probe he had dispatched had reported its findings.

Fable felt like letting out an evil laugh, the kind you heard in the movies, the really corny ones. By the really evil character after he had doomed somone to death. Well, why not? His plan was already underway and he might as well. MWAH HA HA HA HA. The chamer echoed with the noise and it gave him the chills. Was that really his voice? It seemed... more sinister than... Who cared? No point in worrying about it now, Heinrich would be dead very soon. He had already intercepted his small survey probe, wouldn't Heinrich be surprised when it came back to him? MWAH HA HA... oh screw it!